Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Quick question do you guys signal oncoming cars that there is a f'ing cop waiting around the corner?
I try to when I can. I find myself doing it a lot on my morning commutes. :)

Anyway my bikes are all packed up for a ride after work today. I've been feeling better and better everytime I ride..... it's like a f'ing drug sometimes.....

Hope ya all have a great day!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I try to warn people if there is a speed trap, accident or any other reason to slow down, I'll flash my fog lights so I don't freak anyone out with the high beams.

Today I have big plans of mowing my lawn, life is F'in great.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
I try to warn people if there is a speed trap, accident or any other reason to slow down, I'll flash my fog lights so I don't freak anyone out with the high beams.

Today I have big plans of mowing my lawn, life is F'in great.
Hey got any tips on tuning the fork I bought from you?
I think I need to let some air out of it for my 120lb GF.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
so slut, when you inviting us down to ride STA?

no vball tonight so I can actually hook up with a local bike club for a road ride - hopefully I cam keep up with them

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
so slut, when you inviting us down to ride STA?

no vball tonight so I can actually hook up with a local bike club for a road ride - hopefully I cam keep up with them
I haven't forgotten about you.

let me get in better shape so I dont' puss out on you when you come down. The weather is supposed to cool off this weekend so we'll see what happens.

You gonna ride the dark horse 40 still?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MudGrrl said:
this morning is hell.

it's friggin beautiful outside....I don't have windows in my office. bleh.

I try to warn people about cops with the whole lights thing.
my window is open and there is some type of dwarf pair tree or something outside, the opening buds smell like sour milk. But the sun is nice and there is a cool breeze coming thru my window.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
stosh said:
Hey got any tips on tuning the fork I bought from you?
I think I need to let some air out of it for my 120lb GF.
Air pressure should be about 75% of her weight. That fork also has coil spring for the initial travel, she may need a lighter weight spring.

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
stosh said:
my window is open and there is some type of dwarf pair tree or something outside, the opening buds smell like sour milk. But the sun is nice and there is a cool breeze coming thru my window.
ahhhhhhh..that would be nice
(am jealous, bordering on hating you)

I smell stale basement office air....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
Air pressure should be about 75% of her weight. That fork also has coil spring for the initial travel, she may need a lighter weight spring.
yeah I was thinking about that.
You serviced it recently correct?
What year was that fork again?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MudGrrl said:
ahhhhhhh..that would be nice
(am jealous, bordering on hating you)

I smell stale basement office air....
I just moved my desk to the opposite corner of the office. NOw I don't have with winter breeze coming thru the windows however I dont' have the view up into the mtn's only across a field now.... :)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
stosh said:
yeah I was thinking about that.
You serviced it recently correct?
What year was that fork again?
An '02 I think. The for has been recently lubed and had the oil changed.

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
F'ing A

Life is hell right now. Working 40 hours a week, dragging large metal objects through the dirt another 50 hours a week. I don't have time to take a crap.

On a side note, I caught 28 Largemouth Bass Sunday, cousin found a 2 lbs of morel mushrooms, had a f'ing feast.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
An '02 I think. The for has been recently lubed and had the oil changed.
ok cool
so I'll just replace the spring when I do it.
Damn..... that means her bike will be down for a few days.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
mrbigisbudgood said:
F'ing A

Life is hell right now. Working 40 hours a week, dragging large metal objects through the dirt another 50 hours a week. I don't have time to take a crap.

On a side note, I caught 28 Largemouth Bass Sunday, cousin found a 2 lbs of morel mushrooms, had a f'ing feast.
So how's the farm thing going?
:D

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
stosh said:
I haven't forgotten about you.

let me get in better shape so I dont' puss out on you when you come down. The weather is supposed to cool off this weekend so we'll see what happens.

You gonna ride the dark horse 40 still?

There was several others that wanted to ride stewart/sta too!

and yes I am planning to racing the darkhorse

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
There was several others that wanted to ride stewart/sta too!

and yes I am planning to racing the darkhorse
I know there are pleanty of others.... it's actually pretty sweet there right now.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

On the highway I will signal other cars if there is a cop. I don't much care if people sped on highways, so I try to give them the heads-up. However, in residential areas, I DO NOT signal - if you speed in a residential area, you deserve a ticket. It's just waaay to common to have little kids playing in the front yard... and while it ultimately is up to the parents to make sure their kids stay away from the street... you should also be responsible enough as a drive not to speed where kids might be.

Good to hear that your riding again. I assume you got your bike? How are you liking it? Any pics? I totally know what you mean about the drug analogy - I'm definitely going through withdrawl right now :(

Went over the the LBS yesterday on my lunch to drop of a couple of wheels that needed some attention. They guy (who I know and who I ride with) asked me if I was doing any freeriding on the wheels - guess I'm harder on them than I thought. While I was there, I decide to take a spin on a steel Jamis CX bike... man did that thing feel good. I've also got a potential line on a sweet used road bike... just not sure if my financial advisory is going to be able to find room in my budget for it. If not... that Jamis might be at the top of my list, especially with my bday being next month an all.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
stosh said:
what's up dude?
Meh, just one of those days. F'ing work. Nothing major.

And yes, I signal oncoming cars if there's a cop lying in wait. Not usually if the cop is driving, but if he's just sitting there stalking speeders, I flash my lights.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh.

On the highway I will signal other cars if there is a cop. I don't much care if people sped on highways, so I try to give them the heads-up. However, in residential areas, I DO NOT signal - if you speed in a residential area, you deserve a ticket. It's just waaay to common to have little kids playing in the front yard... and while it ultimately is up to the parents to make sure their kids stay away from the street... you should also be responsible enough as a drive not to speed where kids might be.

Good to hear that your riding again. I assume you got your bike? How are you liking it? Any pics? I totally know what you mean about the drug analogy - I'm definitely going through withdrawl right now :(

Went over the the LBS yesterday on my lunch to drop of a couple of wheels that needed some attention. They guy (who I know and who I ride with) asked me if I was doing any freeriding on the wheels - guess I'm harder on them than I thought. While I was there, I decide to take a spin on a steel Jamis CX bike... man did that thing feel good. I've also got a potential line on a sweet used road bike... just not sure if my financial advisory is going to be able to find room in my budget for it. If not... that Jamis might be at the top of my list, especially with my bday being next month an all.
I'm having a mental problem with taking pics of my bikes/rides. I dont' think that any pic I could take of my bike would justify it. :)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning! Beautiful day here. Just opened up a couple of windows and the screen door so my kitty could bask in the sunlight and leave me alone. He's being crazy today...following me everywhere, whacking me with his paw when I stop petting him. I think he may be a little spoiled ;)

Last night we did an awesome fast lap at Skidmore. Sq-Earl was surprised I went as fast as I did, and virtually without stops. I managed to get through a fun log ride too (at the end of our new beginner trail) on my first try.

Now I am getting ready to head outside and clean up the yard a little as I do some bike laundry. Busy day around the house I guess.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey kids. Into work late today after a three day weekend. I think every weekend needs to be three days. I took my car in for routine service this morning. Exciting stuff, eh?

Wifey and I did a short road ride last night. She is still adjusting to early season saddle-sore, so we kept the ride short. Gym tonight, hockey tomorrow, ride Thursday.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
Morning! Beautiful day here. Just opened up a couple of windows and the screen door so my kitty could bask in the sunlight and leave me alone. He's being crazy today...following me everywhere, whacking me with his paw when I stop petting him. I think he may be a little spoiled ;)

Last night we did an awesome fast lap at Skidmore. Sq-Earl was surprised I went as fast as I did, and virtually without stops. I managed to get through a fun log ride too (at the end of our new beginner trail) on my first try.

Now I am getting ready to head outside and clean up the yard a little as I do some bike laundry. Busy day around the house I guess.
hey did you plan your deck party yet?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
TreeSaw said:
So what exactly do you mean by "clean up the yard a little"? Help a yard newbie out. I need to do some yard cleanup too, but I've been ditiching it to ride instead. I'm thinking cleanup leaves leftover from last fall, pick up sticks and twigs, rake up pine needles, and give the lawn its first mow of the season.