Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I had a nice long F'ing weekend!! I actually by yesterday started to forget about work... :)

But I'm back now with a pile of f'ing e-mails/voicemails to go thru!!

I'll post some pics of my trip as soon as I re-size them.

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
Im doing pretty good, except i have this huge stye (sp?) on my eye and it's annoying so i stayed home from school for fear of ridicule.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello Monkeys.

Wifey and I went to the gym last night. Tonight will be a road ride. It's supposed to be sunny and 70 today. Hockey game tomorrow, another ride of some sort on Thursday.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
worked a bit late so i missed ~15 min of my spin class. lifted. went home. got an RMA for my defective MoBo. today should be nice but i doubt i'll be able to get a ride in after work. maybe a quick run.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
This is one of Louis Kahn's first/more famous buildings. It's the Richards Research Building on the U. Penn campus

This is a residence Louis Kahn did in Philly.

This is a residence that Frank Loyd Wright did in Philly

This is a dorm that Louis Kahn did

This is the front steps of the Philly Art Museum (thoes are the steps Rocky ran up)

splat

Nam I am
Morning

Played Hockey this morning , this afternoon , I get to Get my Mouth Re-arranged.

going to the Dentist , where they are going to start the work on an Implat (my 2nd )
first they will pull the Tooth ( #19 , bottom left in the back ) , then they are going to do a Bone graft , and they stitch me back up , at least that is for today.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
Morning

Played Hockey this morning , this afternoon , I get to Get my Mouth Re-arranged.

going to the Dentist , where they are going to start the work on an Implat (my 2nd )
first they will pull the Tooth ( #19 , bottom left in the back ) , then they are going to do a Bone graft , and they stitch me back up , at least that is for today.
Yuck @ Dentist!!!

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
splat said:
Morning

you should get platnum caps since you are there already

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
stosh said:
This is the front steps of the Philly Art Museum (thoes are the steps Rocky ran up)
Btw, these steps are great to ride a bike down. :sneaky:

And if you happened to look off to the right (not visible in this pic), you'll spot some nice rock-wall drops... :devil:

With all of this great architecture, how can Philly be the most depressed city in the US? :mad: :nuts:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ian F said:
Btw, these steps are great to ride a bike down. :sneaky:

And if you happened to look off to the right (not visible in this pic), you'll spot some nice rock-wall drops... :devil:

With all of this great architecture, how can Philly be the most depressed city in the US? :mad: :nuts:
My cousin works at the Museum. He lives on 9th St 2 blocks north of South St.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BikeGeek said:
morning....allergies...i think my head is gonna asplode.... :dead:

Stosh: How long is that Dali exhibit going?
Not sure but I'll ask my cousin.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ian F said:

I like the fact that it's somewhat depressed. I like the fact that it's not fast paced like NYC. It has great culture left and a small town feeling. They are doing things to try and change it but it's a slow process.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
stosh said:
My cousin works at the Museum. He lives on 9th St 2 blocks north of South St.
No ****? My ex works at the museum too. I think she lives on South St. I don't remember which street for sure. It was dark and I as trying not to be seen. ;)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BikeGeek said:
No ****? My ex works at the museum too. I think she lives on South St. I don't remember which street for sure. It was dark and I as trying not to be seen. ;)
can you PM me her first name? I'll ask my cousin.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
The last time I was in Philly, I was in college and playing in a band. We played a music festival in the Catskills called "Boot Camp" ---> the band sponsoring the fest was called "Moon Boot Lover" Anyways, after the festival, we stopped by Philly on the way back to NC and hung out for a few days. It was awesome---so much history, culture, and energetic vibe. We had a blast. I'm a big history/architecture buff, so I split off from everyone and went to check out "Penny Benny", the Liberty Bell and all the legislative buildings and such. Ran up the museum steps and did my Rocky imitation---like THAT hasn't been done a million-plus times.

Anyways.....Philly is all good. I'd hit it. :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
The last time I was in Philly, I was in college and playing in a band. We played a music festival in the Catskills called "Boot Camp" ---> the band sponsoring the fest was called "Moon Boot Lover" Anyways, after the festival, we stopped by Philly on the way back to NC and hung out for a few days. It was awesome---so much history, culture, and energetic vibe. We had a blast. I'm a big history/architecture buff, so I split off from everyone and went to check out "Penny Benny", the Liberty Bell and all the legislative buildings and such. Ran up the museum steps and did my Rocky imitation---like THAT hasn't been done a million-plus times.

Anyways.....Philly is all good. I'd hit it. :)
Where did you play in the Catskills?

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
stosh said:
Where did you play in the Catskills?

Dude.......if you gave me a million dollars, I couldn't point it out. Some big-assed field about an hour west of Jersey if I remember right. Don't remember much about the weekend. Spent most of it eating some kind of hash brownies. Younger, wilder days. :cool:

I'll see if I can dig through some old flyers n stuff and find out where it was. You got me curious now.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning :monkey: s. Dinner with the family tonight to celebrate my brother's 25th birthday! He's a medical miracle so we take them all very seriously :D Hopefully I can get a quick sprint in before we have to leave, but I am not counting on it. Rode the trainer for 45 minutes last night because it was raining. Other than that, I am on the search for my SS frame so Sq-Earl and I can do our builds together :devil:

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
TreeSaw said:
I know your pain. I am hoping the worst of mine are over because I am actually feeling better today :think:
Its bad because I had to mow the lawn last evening. I think I may pay one of the neighborhood kids to do it the rest of the summer.

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
stosh said:
I like the fact that it's somewhat depressed. I like the fact that it's not fast paced like NYC. It has great culture left and a small town feeling. They are doing things to try and change it but it's a slow process.
My thoughts EXACTLY. It's a big city with everything to do that you can imagine, but with a small-town feel. The more cities I visit around the country, the more I like Philadelphia...

To me, Philly is also an underestimated cycling town. It's not far from some great DH riding (Plattekill & Mtn Creek are easy w/e trips), great XC riding with riding distance (Wissahickon) if you live in the city, and good road riding to the west. Not a bad bike-path system either.

I think Philly is depressed because of the hockey strike... big Flyer's town... The Eagles choking and the generally smelly Phillies & 76'ers just add to the foul mood... :blah:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
BikeGeek said:
Its bad because I had to mow the lawn last evening. I think I may pay one of the neighborhood kids to do it the rest of the summer.
Not a bad idea. I had to do yard work (cleaning leaves and raking out the flower beds) last week and the dust & mold/mildew killed me. I knew I should have been wearing a mask.