Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Dude.......if you gave me a million dollars, I couldn't point it out. Some big-assed field about an hour west of Jersey if I remember right. Don't remember much about the weekend. Spent most of it eating some kind of hash brownies. Younger, wilder days. :cool:

I'll see if I can dig through some old flyers n stuff and find out where it was. You got me curious now.
I live about 1hr north west of NJ..... in the foot of the catskills.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Smelly said:
Hey Stosh, if you're really into Kahn's work, you should watch My Architect. It's a memoir by his son that chronicals his life and work.
I own it. I've now seen 5 of his buildings.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
stosh said:
I live about 1hr north west of NJ..... in the foot of the catskills.

I wanna say it was the Harvest Festival, or something to that effect. I wanna say it was near Newburgh or Milton, or somewhere in that area. It's been ten years now, so the memories are fuzzy.

J

JRB

Morning Stosh. Note in the GMT from yesterday that I ordered shocks.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
I wanna say it was the Harvest Festival, or something to that effect. I wanna say it was near Newburgh or Milton, or somewhere in that area. It's been ten years now, so the memories are fuzzy.
Don't even f'ing tell me it was in Pine Bush...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
...Could have been. It sounds familiar. Is it in that general area? I know we passed by the GW, hit 100 north for a bit and a few other roads, and we were there.
Pine Bush is where I live, they have a Harvest Festival. I'm about 20min from Newburgh.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
That's probably it, then.

We played on the bill with Moon Boot Lover, Harpoon, Percy Hill, moe., Disco Biscuits, Ominous Seapods, Keller Williams......a whole bunch of bands.. Some of which are still plying together, some of which have joined together to form different bands. Damn.....that's a trip, stosh. That area of the US is so goregeous....spent some time up in the finger lakes region as well. Right around Horseheads and Sarnac Lake.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
That's probably it, then.

We played on the bill with Moon Boot Lover, Harpoon, Percy Hill, moe., Disco Biscuits, Ominous Seapods, Keller Williams......a whole bunch of bands.. Some of which are still plying together, some of which have joined together to form different bands. Damn.....that's a trip, stosh. That area of the US is so goregeous....spent some time up in the finger lakes region as well. Right around Horseheads and Sarnac Lake.
OH well Moe never played our town. Now you're making me wonder where it was.....

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
'morning/afternoon, all. i had an audition yesterday (for nw mahler festival) which was somewhat nervewracking. i alternated between stopping early in phrases since i was just out of gas and nailing passages so the judges probably were thrown for a loop.

and then i bought this rice cooker. hopefully it won't simultaneously burn and leave rice soggy like my previous one

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Toshi said:
'morning/afternoon, all. i had an audition yesterday (for nw mahler festival) which was somewhat nervewracking. i alternated between stopping early in phrases since i was just out of gas and nailing passages so the judges probably were thrown for a loop.

and then i bought this rice cooker. hopefully it won't simultaneously burn and leave rice soggy like my previous one

WTF happened to a good ol' pan with water?? :confused: :think:

-S.S.-

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Toshi said:

fancy pants!

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
stosh said:
OH well Moe never played our town. Now you're making me wonder where it was.....
Speaking of Moe, do any of you NE'sters know what ever became of a band called Yolk? They often toured with Moe. I think they were from Bingumton(sp?) or Syracuse NY. Mid 90's. They were sort of hippy-psychdelic meet Clutch. Drove around in an old school bus.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jdschall said:
Speaking of Moe, do any of you NE'sters know what ever became of a band called Yolk? They often toured with Moe. I think they were from Bingumton(sp?) or Syracuse NY. Mid 90's. They were sort of hippy-psychdelic meet Clutch. Drove around in an old school bus.
I don't really like Moe so I wouldn't know.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
SkaredShtles said:
WTF happened to a good ol' pan with water?? :confused: :think:

-S.S.-
that'd be un-japanese of me. plus my inner bike geek appreciates that the pot is titanium coated...

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Walking up the stairs at work just now, I ran into the CEO (not literally) and got into a short conversation with him. Why is it that I feel like a bumbling idiot whenever I converse with a top executive? :dead:

Oh yeah, and when I shook his hand I felt his bones crunch. :dead:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Are Baboon said:
Walking up the stairs at work just now, I ran into the CEO (not literally) and got into a short conversation with him. Why is it that I feel like a bumbling idiot whenever I converse with a top executive? :dead:

Oh yeah, and when I shook his hand I felt his bones crunch. :dead:
Is this what your CEO looks like?

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
jdschall said:
Paging Narlus. Narlus to the front. Paging Narlus.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Band rehearsals are a bitch after shoveling dirt all weekend. (my new training regimen: the yard)

I have blisters on my hands from tilling the back yard on Sunday, and then I had to play drums last night. Owwww..

But ahh...the lovely sound of a 24" cymbal when you really lay into it...