Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Another f'ing day at work.

I sat in with my boss last night on an interview. I wonder why people say the things they say at interviews. He wasn't really qualified for the job but we had him come in anyway in the hopes he might change our mind. He did just the opposite. Real nice guy but at an interview I don't want to hear about your mother in laws sleep apnea (sp?).

Anyway what is everybody up to today?
I'll be working on my arch. project today and tomorrow.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh

Rode to work again today. Should probably get to some work that I've been putting off for a couple of weeks now. Other than that, not much to report on.

Oh, actually... I talked with Renae last night - I'm cleared for the 21st... I'll bring some speedies with me too.

::EDIT::
But wait... there's more...
Got to work this morning and realized I forgot my wallet, which means I don't have my work ID, which means I can't get into the locker room, which means I can't shower. Blech.

On a brighter side... I do have left over speedies for breakfast this morn. :drool:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
stosh said:
Real nice guy but at an interview I don't want to hear about your mother in laws sleep apnea (sp?).
That's always one of the first topics I discuss when I interview someone.

Morning, y'all. MBC and I did 20 road miles last night.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I had a total blast riding last night at Gibbs Farm......MHCC(mohwak hudson cycling club) had a Mtn skills clinic, so that meant mudhunnies! I didnt to the clinic but did play on some of the stuff that set up.
I did their xc loop twice, the 2nd time helping a beginner try to make all the tech stuff there (not that I can clean everything).

75° forcasted plus outdoor coed volleyball tonight = :thumb:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Yesterday I went to a place where they fashion chromoly tubing into many shapes.

Today, move stuff to my brothers and torment the dog.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
went to fenway for the 1st time of the season last night, and they smoked the As. nice one. post-game beer @ bukowski's is always fun too.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
morning everyone. i will be spending the day at work fishing for small mouth bass and tying some flies unless we get some clients today which is normally not the case for tuesday.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning stosh.

Managing to keep up my workout regimen so far. Saw Hitchhiker's Guide last night and it blew. Not much else going on...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh

Rode to work again today. Should probably get to some work that I've been putting off for a couple of weeks now. Other than that, not much to report on.

Oh, actually... I talked with Renae last night - I'm cleared for the 21st... I'll bring some speedies with me too.

::EDIT::
But wait... there's more...
Got to work this morning and realized I forgot my wallet, which means I don't have my work ID, which means I can't get into the locker room, which means I can't shower. Blech.

On a brighter side... I do have left over speedies for breakfast this morn. :drool:
bwahhh you had them for breakfast!! NICE!!!!

Ohhh speedie omletts would be good!!! :)

Speedie Pizza.... :drool:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Mornin monkeys. Did a SS ride last night, always fun, then rode the new baby into work this morning. It's scary to leave it outside even though it's locked up and there's security cameras and stuff out there...

splat

Nam I am
narlus said:
went to fenway for the 1st time of the season last night, and they smoked the As..
:thumb:

well Yesterday We had a Meeting about my Companies Impending purchase, and our Job Futures , well I have a Job Garuenteed to 10/30/05. I I have been Offered a Retention Bonus , If I stay till 10/30/05 then I will get a bonus of 20% of my Base salary in one lump sum. :cool: But then I am not sureIf I will have a Job on 11/1/05, SO I have started reworking my Resume.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
stevew said:
Yesterday I went to a place where they fashion chromoly tubing into many shapes.

Today, move stuff to my brothers and torment the dog.
Where do you live in NC?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
Mornin monkeys. Did a SS ride last night, always fun, then rode the new baby into work this morning. It's scary to leave it outside even though it's locked up and there's security cameras and stuff out there...
Yeah I had to leave my bike locked to my truck while in school one day. I couldn't focus on what the teacher was doing because I was to worried about it getting stolen.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Echo said:
It's scary to leave it outside even though it's locked up and there's security cameras and stuff out there...
oish... I ride a POS to work, and I won't leave it outside. Do you not have a place inside to put the bike... in your office/cube?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Echo said:
It's scary to leave it outside even though it's locked up and there's security cameras and stuff out there...
I agree. We have a bike rack, security guards and cameras, but I still bring my bike inside to my cubicle. I have my VP's approval. :)

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
jacksonpt said:
oish... I ride a POS to work, and I won't leave it outside. Do you not have a place inside to put the bike... in your office/cube?
We have to go through a wierd set of badge operated turnstiles to get in the building. I guess I could go through the handicapped entrance, but I don't think it would be any safer in my cube since I'm almost always out in a lab somewhere. Plus my building is located in a good neighborhood and there are usually people around there. So there probably isn't much to worry about, I just worry anyway :p

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Hi there!!

Not a whole hell of a lot to report. Did about an hour over at the DJ's and a few short loops on the big bike yesterday. Rode great for the first 20 minutes, then all of a sudden I started riding like stosh's avatar. Strange. Stopped by the store for a 12-pack after hitting the six-pack........which, you would think that enough runs on the six-pack would cancel out the fat-growing properties of the 12-pack, but it doesn't really work like that. :think: Marinated some chicken breasts in this japaleno mustard stuff I got the other day. Added in some honey, pepper and a little dash of curry and left it for dead in the fridge all day. Holy hell, it was awesome!! Watched the sun's swan song from the back porch with Justine----beautiful evening. Her brother called and told us he had the website built for our wedding. He did a good job, and it's gonna help out a lot for getting people organized and knowing where to go. That's about it, I guess. Gotta head out for awhile and make some hotel reservations for a 4-day truss engineering course up in Fredricksburg my company is sending me to next week. Woo-hoo.....4days of tap-tap-click-tap-tap-tap--"Sh*t....." -backspace-tap-tap-click-undo-edit........Dilbert-hell.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Hi there!!

Not a whole hell of a lot to report. Did about an hour over at the DJ's and a few short loops on the big bike yesterday. Rode great for the first 20 minutes, then all of a sudden I started riding like stosh's avatar. Strange. Stopped by the store for a 12-pack after hitting the six-pack........which, you would think that enough runs on the six-pack would cancel out the fat-growing properties of the 12-pack, but it doesn't really work like that. :think: Marinated some chicken breasts in this japaleno mustard stuff I got the other day. Added in some honey, pepper and a little dash of curry and left it for dead in the fridge all day. Holy hell, it was awesome!! Watched the sun's swan song from the back porch with Justine----beautiful evening. Her brother called and told us he had the website built for our wedding. He did a good job, and it's gonna help out a lot for getting people organized and knowing where to go. That's about it, I guess. Gotta head out for awhile and make some hotel reservations for a 4-day truss engineering course up in Fredricksburg my company is sending me to next week. Woo-hoo.....4days of tap-tap-click-tap-tap-tap--"Sh*t....." -backspace-tap-tap-click-undo-edit........Dilbert-hell.
Fredricksburgh VA?

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Good morning stosh, fellow monkies.

Got up super early (3am) went for a nice ride around prospect park this morning and then got my butt to work for 5 am. I am hoping to take a trip down the westside highway today to pack in a few more miles..looks like an awesome riding day here so far.

I am looking forward to the upcoming bicycle film festival on thurs/fri/sat/sun. Looks like they have some cool shows coming up. If anyones in NYC this weekend you should check it out!!!!

Check out - -Bicycle film festival

Enjoy the day

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
stosh said:
Fredricksburgh VA?
Uh-huh.....that's the Fred.

I was going to try and squeeze in the Massanutten race that weekend before and shoot over to Fredricksburg for the seminar the following week, but some stuff is happening this weekend here that I need to be around for, so as much as I wanted to race, it just ain't happening.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning! It's a glorious Tuesday in Saratoga Springs! :) Sun is shining, birds are chirping and it's rumored that it will reach 77 degrees today!! :thumb: I'm bugging out of work early (around 3pm) to head to the LBS and get the kona a facelift. New headset (FSA Pig), new stem (Thompson 70mm) and new fork ('02 Psylo SL...thanks MMcG!!). After that I'll be attending our weekly Tues. night group ride, and after that....down to the Parting Glass for a SMBA meeting, a double-decker club sandwich and hoisting a few pints!!! Can you tell I'm in a chipper mood today? :D Life is good!! :thumb:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Echo said:
I totally know what you mean. I generally park right outside my "wall of windows" but I still bring my bike into my classroom when I have it at school.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
McGRP01 said:
Morning! It's a glorious Tuesday in Saratoga Springs! :) Sun is shining, birds are chirping and it's rumored that it will reach 77 degrees today!! :thumb: I'm bugging out of work early (around 3pm) to head to the LBS and get the kona a facelift. New headset (FSA Pig), new stem (Thompson 70mm) and new fork ('02 Psylo SL...thanks MMcG!!). After that I'll be attending our weekly Tues. night group ride, and after that....down to the Parting Glass for a SMBA meeting, a double-decker club sandwich and hoisting a few pints!!! Can you tell I'm in a chipper mood today? :D Life is good!! :thumb:
Nice plans! I have school all day (with no windows in my classroom today :( ) Then lessons tonight and then rush to SMBA meeting. Take your time starting...I probably won't get there until 7:20ish. Might have to have myself one of those tastey club sandwiches as well :thumb: as the pints are a given!

Buck Fever

Monkey
Jul 12, 2004
Hipsterville USA
Morning monkeys,

I'm now a married man! My own reception was, hands down, the best one I've ever attended, even though I hardly saw my bride all day. The party got rolling at around 12:45 and we had to kick over a dozen people people out at 12:30AM on Sunday so we could get going to the beach. I was so impressed by how hard friends and family worked to make it come off as it did and I have MANY thank you's yet to dole out.

Most impressive was my friend Todd's band...they completely blew me away. I hadn't seen them play for over five years and they were great then, but now...holy crap! They killed me with their jazz/funk and the drummer must have been channeling Vinnie Calaiuta.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Buck Fever said:
Morning monkeys,

I'm now a married man! My own reception was, hands down, the best one I've ever attended, even though I hardly saw my bride all day. The party got rolling at around 12:45 and we had to kick over a dozen people people out at 12:30AM on Sunday so we could get going to the beach. I was so impressed by how hard friends and family worked to make it come off as it did and I have MANY thank you's yet to dole out.

Most impressive was my friend Todd's band...they completely blew me away. I hadn't seen them play for over five years and they were great then, but now...holy crap! They killed me with their jazz/funk and the drummer must have been channeling Vinnie Calaiuta.
awesome man! Congrats!!!

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
McGRP01 said:
Morning! It's a glorious Tuesday in Saratoga Springs! :) Sun is shining, birds are chirping and it's rumored that it will reach 77 degrees today!! :thumb:
It's looking like spring is over here, and I'm going to have to turn the AC on soon -- 88* today. :dead:

bikeguy100k

Monkey
Nov 11, 2001
Seattle, WA
Well, I broke my collarbone a week ago last Saturday and I went to the doc yesterday for my first follow up appointment. I'll be in the sling for until June 1st (when my next appointment is). I should be able to start riding road a few weeks after that, I hope. I borrowed a trainer from a friend last night, so I'll be riding it tonight! Weeee! :dancing:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bikeguy100k said:
Well, I broke my collarbone a week ago last Saturday and I went to the doc yesterday for my first follow up appointment. I'll be in the sling for until June 1st (when my next appointment is). I should be able to start riding road a few weeks after that, I hope. I borrowed a trainer from a friend last night, so I'll be riding it tonight! Weeee! :dancing:
how'd you break it?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Buck Fever said:
Morning monkeys,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That's awesome! :thumb: Any pics of the festivities?

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
'Morning all. I just found out that the agency I work for is more than likely moving a majority of their operations to Huntsville, Alabama. Not sure when this is happening, they say within the next year or two, but I guess I better start looking for a new job. :(

On a good note, I picked up the last of the ingredients (6-row dark crystal malt) and Saturday is go for brew-day. :thumb: If all goes as planned I'll have porter (and maybe some yet to be determined brew) at Monkeyfest. :D