Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BikeGeek said:
'Morning all. I just found out that the agency I work for is more than likely moving a majority of their operations to Huntsville, Alabama. Not sure when this is happening, they say within the next year or two, but I guess I better start looking for a new job. :(

On a good note, I picked up the last of the ingredients (6-row dark crystal malt) and Saturday is go for brew-day. :thumb: If all goes as planned I'll have porter (and maybe some yet to be determined brew) at Monkeyfest. :D
I love porter!!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BikeGeek said:
No, I will not be including a bottle with each jersey shipped. :p

I have to come up with a name for it.
Is this your first time brewing beer?

Porter was the only beer allowed to be brewed during prohibition. Many Dr's prescribed it to pregnant women because it has so much Iron in it.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
stosh said:
Is this your first time brewing beer?

Porter was the only beer allowed to be brewed during prohibition. Many Dr's prescribed it to pregnant women because it has so much Iron in it.
This will be the first time without a kit. I'm using:
pale ale malt
chocolate malt
dark crystal malt
carapils malt
Kent goldings hops
White Labs British ale yeast

I'll have to tell my wife that the doctor said it's ok for her to drink it. :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BikeGeek said:
This will be the first time without a kit. I'm using:
pale ale malt
chocolate malt
dark crystal malt
carapils malt
Kent goldings hops
White Labs British ale yeast

I'll have to tell my wife that the doctor said it's ok for her to drink it. :)
When is she due?

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
stosh said:
dude, that's f'ing beautiful!!! HOw much does it weigh?
Thanks. It being my first project with epoxy, I went a little overboard with it. It was supposed to weigh 40-42 lbs. Mine's more like 45-50 lbs. I guess that's still not too bad for a 16ft boat.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BikeGeek said:
Thanks. It being my first project with epoxy, I went a little overboard with it. It was supposed to weigh 40-42 lbs. Mine's more like 45-50 lbs. I guess that's still not too bad for a 16ft boat.
Thats awesome, what was the approx build price?

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
stosh said:
Thats awesome, what was the approx build price?
Materials/plans ran about $700 and I probably spent another $100 on expendables (paint brushes, sandpaper, etc.) and paint and varnish.

The wife is due at the end of October. :D

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
douglas said:
I had a total blast riding last night at Gibbs Farm......MHCC(mohwak hudson cycling club) had a Mtn skills clinic, so that meant mudhunnies! I didnt to the clinic but did play on some of the stuff that set up.
I did their xc loop twice, the 2nd time helping a beginner try to make all the tech stuff there (not that I can clean everything).

75° forcasted plus outdoor coed volleyball tonight = :thumb:
Is this Gibbs Farm open to riding at any time Doug? Did you say it is located in East Greenbush/Wynantskill?

Oh yeah and good F'n morning.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BikeGeek said:
Materials/plans ran about $700 and I probably spent another $100 on expendables (paint brushes, sandpaper, etc.) and paint and varnish.

The wife is due at the end of October. :D
awesome about the wife!

That is a really nice boat, how long did it take?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Is this Gibbs Farm open to riding at any time Doug? Did you say it is located in East Greenbush/Wynantskill?

Oh yeah and good F'n morning.
Morning!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
McGRP01 said:
Morning! It's a glorious Tuesday in Saratoga Springs! :) Sun is shining, birds are chirping and it's rumored that it will reach 77 degrees today!! :thumb: I'm bugging out of work early (around 3pm) to head to the LBS and get the kona a facelift. New headset (FSA Pig), new stem (Thompson 70mm) and new fork ('02 Psylo SL...thanks MMcG!!). After that I'll be attending our weekly Tues. night group ride, and after that....down to the Parting Glass for a SMBA meeting, a double-decker club sandwich and hoisting a few pints!!! Can you tell I'm in a chipper mood today? :D Life is good!! :thumb:
The Parting Glass! mmmmmm.......great pub!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Morning to you too Stosh. I got in super late today. Had some crap to take care of this morning (personal stuff) so I took a few hours of personal time.
Yesterday I tried to come in late becuase my boss doesn't get here till 11:30 usually, well yesterday he was here at 9:45 and he didn't even realise I wasn't here... AWESOME!

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
stosh said:
awesome about the wife!

That is a really nice boat, how long did it take?
Too long! About 9 months. I was building in my sister's garage. She lives 3.5 hours away so I was only able to work weekends. Of course I occasionally opted to go snowboarding or for a bike ride so I didn't work every weekend.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BikeGeek said:
Too long! About 9 months. I was building in my sister's garage. She lives 3.5 hours away so I was only able to work weekends. Of course I occasionally opted to go snowboarding or for a bike ride so I didn't work every weekend.
oh gottcha! Looks good man!

bikeguy100k

Monkey
Nov 11, 2001
Seattle, WA
stosh said:
how'd you break it?
Doing a jump I haven't done for awhile! I hadn't been on my Bullit for a few months and decided to get it dirty. I was riding okay and decided to hit this easy jump. Felt goo dover the lip and in the air and even what I thought was the landing... SLAM! :(

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bikeguy100k said:
Doing a jump I haven't done for awhile! I hadn't been on my Bullit for a few months and decided to get it dirty. I was riding okay and decided to hit this easy jump. Felt goo dover the lip and in the air and even what I thought was the landing... SLAM! :(
oh man that totally sucks!!!