Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I was supposed to go riding yesterday however we had some pretty F'ing kick arse storms here. The trails should be good and muddy for todays ride!! :) I'll be riding my hardtail for the first time on the trails in 2 years. :) Should be f'ing fun!!!

Hope ya all have a great F'ing day!!!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Not much going on today... gotta run over to the LBS on my lunch to pickup a handful of things - nothing all that exciting. Might go hike teh trails today with the dogs... likely to be too wet to ride, so...

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hi!

There was just yet another accident at the intersection right outside my office window. It looks pretty nasty, too. A minivan and a car's front ends are both hammered. Looks to me like a car taking a right got plowed by the van coming off the highway (a highway exit ramp dumps right into traffic). Time for this god forsaken city to put an f'ing traffic light at that intersection.

No riding tonight. Gym instead. I need to start getting all my crap together for my Kingdom trails weekend....

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
Good f'in morning...

I forgot to set my f'in alarm so I woke up late... left for work about an hour late (a bit after 6am) and didn't make it to work until 7:30... The traffic f'in SUCKS at 6:30 am!!! :mumble:

Plus, I discovered a real draw-back to my 50 mpg TDI: merging into traffic from a dead-stop is a frightening experience!!! It was f'in scary... and I nearly got f'in killed this morning! :eek:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Ian F said:
Good f'in morning...

I forgot to set my f'in alarm so I woke up late... left for work about an hour late (a bit after 6am) and didn't make it to work until 7:30... The traffic f'in SUCKS at 6:30 am!!! :mumble:

Plus, I discovered a real draw-back to my 50 mpg TDI: merging into traffic from a dead-stop is a frightening experience!!! It was f'in scary... and I nearly got f'in killed this morning! :eek:
Is the TDI that F'in slow? I thought they had decent off the line acceleration because of the 900 rpm or so f'in peak torque?

Not much going on today. Might get in a short trail ride today.

L8APX

Chimp
Jun 3, 2005
Close enough, NY
I'm having a good day. Friday is my last day at work, I close on my new house next week then move in, and if the sun bakes in today the trails should be tacky -n- fast for a ride tonight. If not I'll ride my $16.00 SS road bike. Plus I picked up the new issue of The Drake last night. Have a good one.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ian F said:
Good f'in morning...

What kind of car do you have?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
L8APX said:
I'm having a good day. Friday is my last day at work, I close on my new house next week then move in, and if the sun bakes in today the trails should be tacky -n- fast for a ride tonight. If not I'll ride my $16.00 SS road bike. Plus I picked up the new issue of The Drake last night. Have a good one.
Pics of new house?

splat

Nam I am
Morning !

Today is the Day , when my compcany Officicially gets sold , so By the End of the Day I will be a Computer Associates Employee, At least I have a Garuentee of Employment through 10/30/05 ( with a retention Bonus) but after that ???????

anyway last night did some work on a new trail we will be cutting on Saturday, it is going to be a Kick ass trail! we put a couple of 5 ft hucks right in the trail ( with a Sally line too, although as one perwson put it , the sally line ain't so sally )

Tonight , my son has his fianl Cub scout meeting of the school year , and they get to go out with a Bang ! Litterally , we are Launching Rockets!!!

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Mornin all!!!!

Gotta go to the lbs to order a longer stem for the 7point.. feeling a little too close esp since i want to ride it everywhere.
today after work I am going to attempt for the first time to ride around manhattan. starting on the west-side up to the bronx, then cutting across to the east-side and back home. I have no clue what the mileage would be.. I am assuming around 45 miles from my house and back in brooklyn. should be fun.

enjoy the day!!!!!!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Mornin'.....

Lot's of F-bombs goin' on this morning. For a minute there, I thought I was in a Deadwood episode. Guess I'll join in as f'in well........ :thumb:

HOT HOT HOT!!!! .....No, not Buster Poindexter, silly. The weather down south, I'm talkin' about. Holy cripes!! Since I'm without my bike this week, I was walking out at my local trails with the dog yesterday and it felt like a f'in sauna in there. Couldn't breathe hardly. Needless to say, I only survived for about 45 minutes, and called it a day. After working in it all day, I had had enough. So had the dog. Spent a few minutes under the water mist at the house cooling off and it was quite lovely. Today's weather is significantly cooler by a whopping 5 degrees, but the humidity bounced like a Vanilla RC w/a broken rebound.

Pretty uneventful night. Just chilled w/a few glasses of wine and watched the Pistons run away from the Heat in the 4th to face the Spurs again. Y'all have a lovely day.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Mornin'.....

Lot's of F-bombs goin' on this morning. For a minute there, I thought I was in a Deadwood episode. Guess I'll join in as f'in well........ :thumb:

HOT HOT HOT!!!! .....No, not Buster Poindexter, silly. The weather down south, I'm talkin' about. Holy cripes!! Since I'm without my bike this week, I was walking out at my local trails with the dog yesterday and it felt like a f'in sauna in there. Couldn't breathe hardly. Needless to say, I only survived for about 45 minutes, and called it a day. After working in it all day, I had had enough. So had the dog. Spent a few minutes under the water mist at the house cooling off and it was quite lovely. Today's weather is significantly cooler by a whopping 5 degrees, but the humidity bounced like a Vanilla RC w/a broken rebound.

Pretty uneventful night. Just chilled w/a few glasses of wine and watched the Pistons run away from the Heat in the 4th to face the Spurs again. Y'all have a lovely day.
NOTE: Tuesday if "F'ing Day" because who ever really likes Tuesday's and they tend to be the heaviest work days of the week.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I felt all blah yesterday, probably the weather. But Crashby convinced me to go for a MTB ride, and that fixed me up good.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Ian F said:

stosh said:
What kind of car do you have?
Read the f'in post. :blah:

Edit: that is a VW if you still don't know.

L8APX

Chimp
Jun 3, 2005
Close enough, NY
stosh said:
Pics of new house?

new eating place mid way through refinishing work.

Back side picture with 50's porch cover and old fence posts before removal.

Cool little window in the upstairs cpu lounge/office.

I don't have many good pictures because most of my pictures where of the structure of the house and various other details. It was also in the middle of being remodeled. Not bad for a 60-70 year old cape.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
L8APX said:
new eating place mid way through refinishing work.

Back side picture with 50's porch cover and old fence posts before removal.

Cool little window in the upstairs cpu lounge/office.

I don't have many good pictures because most of my pictures where of the structure of the house and various other details. It was also in the middle of being remodeled. Not bad for a 60-70 year old cape.

Looks good man! This is in Rochester right?

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
Westy said:
Is the TDI that F'in slow? I thought they had decent off the line acceleration because of the 900 rpm or so f'in peak torque?
Off the line? Yes, but the 0-60 time is piss-poor by today's standards. And when you drop the clutch in first gear and rev it to get moving, it basically hits a wall at about 4000 rpm and you have to shift to 2nd - it literally felt is if someone had suddenly dropped an anchor off the back of the car... However, the problem is at 4K in 1st gear, you're only doing about 25 mph... at which point you're probably dead as the shift to 2nd (even when doing slam-shifts) the engine revs drop so much that it's a couple of seconds before the turbo kicks in and it's starts moving again...

I love the MPG the car gets, but a sports car it ain't by any stretch... The one problem with diesels is the power band is about... ->||<- that wide... I love the MPG... I love the interior (although it could be a bit roomier), and the car has been reliable... but it's definitely lacking in the power and handling depts...

(2003 Jetta Wagon TDI, 5 spd, just turned 52K miles)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
L8APX said:
Nope capital region, three miles from my new place of work.
damn... you're f'ing lucky!!! A house like that 3miles from my job would be in the $300k range.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Ian F said:
Off the line? Yes, but the 0-60 time is piss-poor by today's standards. And when you drop the clutch in first gear and rev it to get moving, it basically hits a wall at about 4000 rpm and you have to shift to 2nd - it literally felt is if someone had suddenly dropped an anchor off the back of the car... However, the problem is at 4K in 1st gear, you're only doing about 25 mph... at which point you're probably dead as the shift to 2nd (even when doing slam-shifts) the engine revs drop so much that it's a couple of seconds before the turbo kicks in and it's starts moving again...

I love the MPG the car gets, but a sports car it ain't by any stretch... The one problem with diesels is the power band is about... ->||<- that wide... I love the MPG... I love the interior (although it could be a bit roomier), and the car has been reliable... but it's definitely lacking in the power and handling depts...

(2003 Jetta Wagon TDI, 5 spd, just turned 52K miles)
Sounds like the opposite problem of my WRX. Gutless until 2500 rpm, then it is a rocketship to redline. Clutch slippage is required to get off the line with any urgency.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Westy said:
Sounds like the opposite problem of my WRX. Gutless until 2500 rpm, then it is a rocketship to redline. Clutch slippage is required to get off the line with any urgency.
I'll still take my truck. No power from 0-redline... but it'll go anywhere are 5mph.

L8APX

Chimp
Jun 3, 2005
Close enough, NY
stosh said:
damn... you're f'ing lucky!!! A house like that 3miles from my job would be in the $300k range.
Where are you living? We looked for almost three months before finding this house. Every time we would find something, either the basement was moldy and wet or is was sold the next day. It makes me wonder/worry that the local market will fall over the next three to five. Fingers crossed. Good thing is that if it does, we got it cheap enough that we will still break even. I feel for those out there paying $165-195 per ft2 for 2,000 ft2 homes.

J

JRB

Greyhound said:
Mornin'.....

I saw that show once, and must say that is some mighty offensive language.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
morning all. Hoping it doesn't rain today so I can get the tent out and pitch it, to make sure its still in ok shape for MBW. I really need to put together a list for what to bring.

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
Westy said:
Yeah, I pretty much need to clutch-drop at about 1500 to get good acceleration. But 4000 comes up pretty quick.... It doesn't like spirited driving either... When I was following a bunch of MINI's on Sat, I could smell the clutch which bothered me... keep in mind I got 229K miles out of the clutch in my last car ('91 Integra) and it was still soild when I sold it... so to be smelling the clutch at 52K is worrisome... especially since I hoped to have this car for another 5 years... at this rate it's going to be five years of hell...
:nopity:

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
How is everybody today?

I was supposed to go riding yesterday however we had some pretty F'ing kick arse storms here. The trails should be good and muddy for todays ride!! :) I'll be riding my hardtail for the first time on the trails in 2 years. :) Should be f'ing fun!!!

Hope ya all have a great F'ing day!!!
Good morning :)

It's finally bright and sunny and I'm really looking forward to getting out of the office and FINALLY checking out Stewart. Last night I tried to squeeze in a ride between storms. I didn't get caught in a storm, but the woods at Vassar Farm were muddy and slippery. Fun, nonetheless.

Enjoy the day.

Beth

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Good F'in morning :stosh:

Figures as soon as I get the bike working properly it gets close to the time I have surgery. My grand father is in the f'in hospital right now, he took a fall backwards and put a metal post through his hip and broke off a part of his scrotom.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
broken scrotum...two words that shouldn't go together.

not much happened last night...got home late from work, ate, read some, went to bed. hope to enjoy some of the summer heat today.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
L8APX said:
Where are you living? We looked for almost three months before finding this house. Every time we would find something, either the basement was moldy and wet or is was sold the next day. It makes me wonder/worry that the local market will fall over the next three to five. Fingers crossed. Good thing is that if it does, we got it cheap enough that we will still break even. I feel for those out there paying $165-195 per ft2 for 2,000 ft2 homes.
It's pretty bad here in Orange County NY.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Good morning :)

It's finally bright and sunny and I'm really looking forward to getting out of the office and FINALLY checking out Stewart. Last night I tried to squeeze in a ride between storms. I didn't get caught in a storm, but the woods at Vassar Farm were muddy and slippery. Fun, nonetheless.

Enjoy the day.

Beth
so you think you can be down here by 6pm?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
.....you mean to tell me NOBODY has made a joke of "pitching a tent" yet?

You're slipping, monkey....you're slipping.
Hopefully he's not pitching any tents on the ride down with me to MBW.