Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Worked on the Xterra last night. I had 2 wheel studs broke on in the back and 2 in the front. The rear ones were easy but in the front I had to take the rotors off to replace them so I put new rotors and pads on while I was at it. I found a friend down the road who has a lift in his garage! :)

So back to the F'ing grind today.... I was going to go riding today but it's POURING but it's supposed to be real nice for my party this weekend.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello. I am still recovering from dalton. My body is sore and I am tired as heck. Of course, my 9:00 hockey game last night didn't help (we won 4-0).

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Did some wrenching on the bikes last night... pretty sure I'm going to have to pull the hubs on the Yeti apart at some point and give them some attention. Sounds like a good winter project to me.

Was up early this morning with Sean - got to see a beautiful sunrise. Got to work this morning and saw that one of the local bike shops is advertising for a "Management
Sales Strategy - Planning" position - not sure what exactly that means, but I'll probably give them a call later on. Nothing else of any interest on the schedule for today, so...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
SuzyCreamcheese said:
I'm looking forward to this f'ing weather breaking and to hearing from some of the companies I've sent my resume to.

The Cheese
yeah the weather is supposed to break for the weekend which is pretty sweet!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Hello. I am still recovering from dalton. My body is sore and I am tired as heck. Of course, my 9:00 hockey game last night didn't help (we won 4-0).
I need to get involved in some type of controled sport.....

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
morning all..... i took today off.. have a ton of running around to do

Last nights commute home sukked... first off, it wasnt supposed to rain and it did..but hey its only water and only 30 minutes of it in the rain, not so bad, so i thought.
5 minutes it the dreaded feeling of the rear tire wobbeling happens, i get a flat... luckily I have a spare so here i am changing it and it is just down pouring on me.. im soaked to the bone. I get the flat fixed and I am on my way.

Five minutes later... another flat... front this time.. I must have hit some glass that killed them both , just the front took some more time to deflate... guess what??? no more spare tires... so here i am soaking wet , walking home .. a good 40 minutes away....... oh well i guess it could have been worse.

anyway..today looks a lot more promising!!!!!! :thumb:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I Are Baboon said:

yeah...I am not feeling 100% either, and my throat is sore - been maybe 4 weeks of having a slight cold or something

trying to figure out if I want to do tomorrow's dalton race, I'm guessing they would do the 24 course this week - ACK!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Pretty bland day yesterday.......loaded up the bike for a ride and as soon as I got to the trail and was about to unload, a bolt of lightning hit so close, I could taste the electricity in the air!! The dog ducked under the truck, and it took nearly ten minutes to coax him out from underneath. Needless to say, we hightailed it outta there and went home. Grilled a nice pork tenderloin last night for dinner---it was awesome. Pops called and said he had a surprise for Mrs. Greyhound and myself and that we should come over. Turns out, he had a case of wine for us made by a local winery with custom labels with our pics on it and the date of the wedding and all......really cool. Never seen anything like that. Good on ya, dad. Had a few brews over there and then headed home for bedtime. Fast forward to today, and here we are.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
morning all..... i took today off.. have a ton of running around to do

Last nights commute home sukked... first off, it wasnt supposed to rain and it did..but hey its only water and only 30 minutes of it in the rain, not so bad, so i thought.
5 minutes it the dreaded feeling of the rear tire wobbeling happens, i get a flat... luckily I have a spare so here i am changing it and it is just down pouring on me.. im soaked to the bone. I get the flat fixed and I am on my way.

Five minutes later... another flat... front this time.. I must have hit some glass that killed them both , just the front took some more time to deflate... guess what??? no more spare tires... so here i am soaking wet , walking home .. a good 40 minutes away....... oh well i guess it could have been worse.

anyway..today looks a lot more promising!!!!!! :thumb:
See I told you I should have bought you a new tube!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Pretty bland day yesterday.......loaded up the bike for a ride and as soon as I got to the trail and was about to unload, a bolt of lightning hit so close, I could taste the electricity in the air!! The dog ducked under the truck, and it took nearly ten minutes to coax him out from underneath. Needless to say, we hightailed it outta there and went home. Grilled a nice pork tenderloin last night for dinner---it was awesome. Pops called and said he had a surprise for Mrs. Greyhound and myself and that we should come over. Turns out, he had a case of wine for us made by a local winery with custom labels with our pics on it and the date of the wedding and all......really cool. Never seen anything like that. Good on ya, dad. Had a few brews over there and then headed home for bedtime. Fast forward to today, and here we are.
thats awesome that you dad did that. Take pics!!!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
stosh said:
thats awesome that you dad did that. Take pics!!!

Yeah....it's really surreal. He's turned into this really nice person since we got engaged. It's nice to see him let loose a little bit. He's really uptight 98% of the time. I'm so totally opposite, we clash a lot.....but it's all good. :)

I'll be sure to stop by and get some pics later on.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Yeah....it's really surreal. He's turned into this really nice person since we got engaged. It's nice to see him let loose a little bit. He's really uptight 98% of the time. I'm so totally opposite, we clash a lot.....but it's all good. :)

I'll be sure to stop by and get some pics later on.
Thats cool! My dad's a pretty mellow guy but he's been uptight a lot lately too. His father died about 1.5 yrs ago and he was really close, that combined with the fact that he's about to retire and he's cranky about his job. I can't wait till he retires... that should put a stop to the cranky'ness.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
johnbryanpeters said:
Morning, all,

Rode yesterday at lunch, maybe 16 road miles. Ninety degrees, humid, like breathing soup.
Chicken Soup for the Soul........

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Morning! Sounds like everybody is having crappy weather! Weare around 100% relative humidity. I wonder what the absolute humidity was? All I know is the air felt thick! I should get out my steam tables and figure it out. Occasionally the humidity would coalesce and form spontaneous rain. Yuck.

Needless to say I didn't ride last night. I spent about a half an hour tweaking my wife's bike and my bike back into tip top shape, lubing the chain and fiddling with the derailluers, etc. I froze a few water bottles last night so if it isn't raining tonight we'll probably ride somewhere tonight.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all! Went out for Chinese and a movie last night with the hubby...I hear we need to do that as much as possible for the next 7 months (before the baby comes). Saw Batman Beginnings. I liked it. The new guy (can't remember his name) was a good Batman and Bruce Wayne.

This morning I am on laundry detail and being chased around the house by the cats. I am cat-sitting my mother's cat while they were on vacation...he's actually my kitty's father and they definately have been keeping me busy this morning.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
morning all, had to stand extra duty last night because somebody went on emergency leave so I ended up working yesterday from 7am until 3:30am today. Boss said I would get the day off, but because I didn't call him when he came to work at 7 this morning (sorry, I was sleeping) he called me in so he could bitch me out and do any other stupid tasks he has for me. What a hole in the ace!!! Needless to say, I'm tired, cranky, and REALLY pissed off. On a side note, I see that dalton earned me a custom title. More Bells!

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Whats going on everyone, spent the night putting big knobbies and a front brake on my DOC for showshoe this weekend :thumb:, anyone going down for monster park. I know a bunch of you guys dont like to leave the lounge but check it:

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122209&page=3&pp=15

:drool:

Cant wait, Tues morn will be a good morning for the :monkey: when i post the pics im going to take. 2 gb memory card locked and loaded...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Crazy Sweeper said:
morning all, had to stand extra duty last night because somebody went on emergency leave so I ended up working yesterday from 7am until 3:30am today. Boss said I would get the day off, but because I didn't call him when he came to work at 7 this morning (sorry, I was sleeping) he called me in so he could bitch me out and do any other stupid tasks he has for me. What a hole in the ace!!! Needless to say, I'm tired, cranky, and REALLY pissed off. On a side note, I see that dalton earned me a custom title. More Bells!

bwahhhhhh great custom title.

J

JRB

Good f'n morning. It's the first time to see the monkey today. Long ass bust days for the rest of the summer.

ugh

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
you didn't go through the timing Tent at 1am !! with him rining the bells! It was crazy and great!
When he wasn't sleeping on the way back from MBW he was plotting his design to inspire.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
That was great! I was in the transition tent when the nurse came in and I got to witness the whole thing.

:dancing:
Oh you have to elaborate on that.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
stosh said:
Oh you have to elaborate on that.
Well at 2:00AM, I was in the transition tent waiting for Doug (the transition tent is where riders check in and hand off to the next guy). Sweeper was one of the volunteer timekeepers. He was cheering for riders and they came and went, hollering at them and ringing his cowbell. Well one of the first aid nurses, wearing her nightgown, walked into the tent and said something along the lines of "Who's ringing that bell!? You know, we're trying to sleep here. Would you mind stopping that?" Sweeper and the two other volunteers just looked at each other and no one admitted to having the bell. LOL! One of the other volunteers said, "OK, we'll stop." Then the nurse walked away mumbling under her breath.

Good times, good times. No the nurse wasn't hot, and no we don't have any pics.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Well at 2:00AM, I was in the transition tent waiting for Doug (the transition tent is where riders check in and hand off to the next guy). Sweeper was one of the volunteer timekeepers. He was cheering for riders and they came and went, hollering at them and ringing his cowbell. Well one of the first aid nurses, wearing her nightgown, walked into the tent and said something along the lines of "Who's ringing that bell!? You know, we're trying to sleep here. Would you mind stopping that?" Sweeper and the two other volunteers just looked at each other and no one admitted to having the bell. LOL! One of the other volunteers said, "OK, we'll stop." Then the nurse walked away mumbling under her breath.

Good times, good times. No the nurse wasn't hot, and no we don't have any pics.
Did Bob hook up with her after?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Good question. For someone who didn't race, he sure did look tired Sunday morning.
Bwahhhhhhhhhh he lures nurses in with his cowbell.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I have never heard a cowbell rung so loud in my life......I really thought I heard it at the top of climb, about 4 miles away from where he was

I hope he had time to write down everyones in/out times - He was pretty busy ringing his cowbell, screaming and pounding beers !

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
i'll have you know I drank 9 of my 12 beers before shift, I only drank one while working. I was over at the 24hr vendor tent at 10 helping them break down with a beer in my hand.

"hey you can't drink on the job"

"I'm working for free, I'll drink whenever I want to"

"oh yeah, ok have one for me"

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
I have never heard a cowbell rung so loud in my life......I really thought I heard it at the top of climb, about 4 miles away from where he was

I hope he had time to write down everyones in/out times - He was pretty busy ringing his cowbell, screaming and pounding beers !
Doug, thats a great visual!!!

Hey Bob if you aren't doing anything this weekend come on down, we're having a big party and Devon and Ray will be there.