Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
So there was almost about 1/2 a keg left from our party this weekend and I couldn't let it go to waste so I'm F'ing hung-over today...

I had an awesome weekend and we had a great party. I was so happy Ray and Devon who we met at Mountain Bike Weekend were able to come up.
Other than drinking, eating, and my party I didn't do to much this weekend. :)

So have a great F'ing day everybody it F'ing sucks to be back at work.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin.

Spent the day Saturday up at Cayuga - not much exciting going on up there, but it was nice to get out for a while. Sunday I had a good ride - about 3 hours and I'm guessing somewhere in the neighborhood of 15-20 miles. Yesterday had my bro's college graduation party.

Not much else to report on so far... bummed I'm missing the live tour coverage, but hopefully I'll catch the rerun tonight.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
One thing I don't have to worry about for a while...hangovers :devil:

Glad to hear your party went well Stosh. We got a lot of work done in the yard (that we've been neglecting to go riding) and managed to get some good riding in as well. Sq-Earl took his SS out for it's maiden voyage...even having only 1 gear didn't slow him down :rolleyes: in fact, he rode some sections faster and smoother than I have ever seen him ride. :eek:

Today I am re-potting my house plants (exciting I know) and washing my SUV. Big day I tell you....it really does suck having summers off :devil:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
One thing I don't have to worry about for a while...hangovers :devil:

Glad to hear your party went well Stosh. We got a lot of work done in the yard (that we've been neglecting to go riding) and managed to get some good riding in as well. Sq-Earl took his SS out for it's maiden voyage...even having only 1 gear didn't slow him down :rolleyes: in fact, he rode some sections faster and smoother than I have ever seen him ride. :eek:

Today I am re-potting my house plants (exciting I know) and washing my SUV. Big day I tell you....it really does suck having summers off :devil:
Well the morning sickness should do you just fine.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
That four day weekend went by in a flash. MBC and I basically did nothing for four days.....little riding, few chores, a couple of trips to the gym, some minor shopping. Stupid work.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I had a nice w/e.....went roller blade-ing for the 1st time in years, witnessed a fight, got flashed by some chick, did my 1st century, somehow got a nickname of Tequila Doug........and that was just the daytime stuff !!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. I worked all weekend, so no riding for me. Had a bash at my place on Sunday though, that was fun. My whole family was in town....and now I'm ready for them to go home. What a bunch of freaks... :help:

If the rain holds off, I'll be riding today after work. Hope so as today is day 8 without riding a bicycle. :(

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
stosh said:
Well the morning sickness should do you just fine.
BWWWAAAHHHH!!! This is week 12 and I haven't had any yet :devil: It's weird because I don't have any of those bad symptoms (extra fatigue, morning sickness, cravings, etc.). I guess I am just lucky...one of my college friends is about 8 weeks farther along than I and she is having a bad time with it so atleast I get to see/hear how bad it can be. Apt. 2 is next week so we'll see what they do to me then...I know they'll be drawing blood, and I think trying to hear the heartbeat. :thumb:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
douglas said:
I had a nice w/e.....went roller blade-ing for the 1st time in years, witnessed a fight, got flashed by some chick, did my 1st century, somehow got a nickname of Tequila Doug........and that was just the daytime stuff !!
Somehow got the nickname....I can probably think of how :devil:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
BWWWAAAHHHH!!! This is week 12 and I haven't had any yet :devil: It's weird because I don't have any of those bad symptoms (extra fatigue, morning sickness, cravings, etc.). I guess I am just lucky...one of my college friends is about 8 weeks farther along than I and she is having a bad time with it so atleast I get to see/hear how bad it can be. Apt. 2 is next week so we'll see what they do to me then...I know they'll be drawing blood, and I think trying to hear the heartbeat. :thumb:
Wow, thats exciting!!! Good luck!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning monkeys. Went to a kickass lake party on Sunday with Jenn's family. They're a pretty fun bunch. Went tubing, jumped off rocks into the lake, baked myself in the sauna... Drank a lot of beer and ate a lot of food, too.

One of their lake neighbors, we suspect it's the one who owns PC Connection, set off an unbelievable amount of fireworks for over an hour and a half. We kept clapping when they went silent, and five seconds later, they'd start up again. I've never seen a show like that, and I can't imagine the thousands of dollars they must have spent on fireworks. It rivaled any professional show I've ever seen.

Just relaxed a bit yesterday...

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Ugh, Im dead. Ended up going out to see the fireworks yesterday with the lady friend, got lost on the way to her grandparents house and made everyone late to see the fireworks. Oh well, we caught the finale, the most exciting part, so that is ok. Went to bed at 1:15, up at 5:45, so needless to say I am passing out from exhaustion. I guess I will just have to take the lunch hour as nap time.

Then today I had the pleasure of leaving my mug full of tea on the roof of the car. Needless to say it tumbled off leaving me cursing my absent minded idiocy. :(

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Mornin everyone....
glad to hear your party was a success stosh, Im sure i missed out on a heck of a time!!!!
treesaw.... you should just relax and enjoy the time off... my wife is so happy not to be teaching summer school this year, she got a few babysittng jobs lined up instead... good luck at your next appt.

my weekend was nice.. i went to MD to visit my sister. did some riding.. a little singletrack and a pathway through rock creek park... My wife went down on some mud and skinned her knee/hand. so she has a nice big boo-boo.. i think I felt worse then she did.
It was great to get away and smell some clean air for a change.. when i come back I always wonder why I still live in Brooklyn. My sisters area is great.. so many cyclists and bike paths.. but mostly roadies... I just can seem to grasp the roadie thing... nothing against them but the closest I will get to a road bike is my hardtail with semi slicks.

My bike is now on the way to California where i will be meeting up with it on Thursday... I can wait to be in Cali!!! for two weeks!!!! :blah:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Polandspring88 said:
Ugh, Im dead. Ended up going out to see the fireworks yesterday with the lady friend, got lost on the way to her grandparents house and made everyone late to see the fireworks. Oh well, we caught the finale, the most exciting part, so that is ok. Went to bed at 1:15, up at 5:45, so needless to say I am passing out from exhaustion. I guess I will just have to take the lunch hour as nap time.

Then today I had the pleasure of leaving my mug full of tea on the roof of the car. Needless to say it tumbled off leaving me cursing my absent minded idiocy. :(
Nice!

Sounds like a great day for you. I could use a nap at lunch time.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
very fast weekend. drove down to the cape (falmouth) sat to see my new niece, and we took the kids to the beach. next day the kids didn't want to do much, so we packed up and drove home. did some yard work, splashed in the kiddie pool, ate some steak. did an afternoon run; not enough time to get a ride in. had a bbq @ my in-laws yesterday and my mom and stepdad came down too. the kids had fun. pretty uneventful long weekend.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
morning all. I had to work security all weekend, which would have been fine but I didn't even get to use my asp or pepper spray. I did manage to get a little drinking in between shifts, can't wait until next weekend, two weeks without a break is rough, and next sunday is my birfday.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
hooples3 said:
treesaw.... you should just relax and enjoy the time off... my wife is so happy not to be teaching summer school this year, she got a few babysittng jobs lined up instead... good luck at your next appt.

My bike is now on the way to California where i will be meeting up with it on Thursday... I can wait to be in Cali!!! for two weeks!!!! :blah:
Oh I am enjoying myself. I generally work or teach summer school. This year, I am teaching private music lessons on Wednesday mornings (9am-12pm) and probably working with my disabled brother a few hours a week as well. I plan on enjoying my alone time while I have it! ;)

Have fun in Cali!!!

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Good Morning Stosh! :D

Had a great and relaxing weekend, which included an all day XC ride up in Big Bear on Sunday and grilling steak and watching fireworks down by the bay last night.

Have a good day! :)

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
stosh said:
I had an awesome weekend and we had a great party.
Pics?

I had a good weekend. I had training for work on Thurs and Fri so I haven't been at work for almost a week. It felt nice.

Saturday I did a ride at a local trail system that started badly but ended great. It was pretty hot, and the ride starts with an exposed climb. By the time I got to the top, I felt like I developing heat stroke. Head was pounding, I felt dizzy and couldn't catch my breath. I had to sit and rest for a bit. After I felt better, I made sure to keep it slow and the rest of the ride was awesome. I rode all the trails in the area, which I've never done all at once before.

Sunday was spent doing odd jobs and running errands.

Monday was spent up in Loveland at my aunt and uncle's place on Loveland Lake. Weather was great and Evy had a blast playing in the water. I got in a bit of waterskiing, which is why I'm a bit sore today.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
pixelninja said:
<snip>
Saturday I did a ride at a local trail system that started badly but ended great. It was pretty hot, and the ride starts with an exposed climb. By the time I got to the top, I felt like I developing heat stroke. Head was pounding, I felt dizzy and couldn't catch my breath. I had to sit and rest for a bit. After I felt better, I made sure to keep it slow and the rest of the ride was awesome. I rode all the trails in the area, which I've never done all at once before.
White Ranch?