Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I was F'ing busy at work yesterday and will be again today. We're in the middle of a pretty big project right now. The best part is we may not get a building permit all because the owner didn't file the proper health dept. paper work!! If that is the case then I'm totally off the hook for a few weeks as it will give me more time to finish my drawings.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Pretty slow today... putting off doing any real work for as long as possible.

At some point I have to throw together a webpage with pics/info about our boat - we are going to put it up for sale. No riding for me recently, nor in the near future.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Pretty slow today... putting off doing any real work for as long as possible.

At some point I have to throw together a webpage with pics/info about our boat - we are going to put it up for sale. No riding for me recently, nor in the near future.
My bike is on my xterra ready to ride tonight. However it's supposed to rain after work. Considering the temp outside I may ride anyway......

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. Nothing going on here. Work is slow as usual. No riding yesterday, no riding tonight. There is a bike club meeting I may attend tonight...not sure yet. My wife heads out to St. Louis tomorrow for work and won't be back until late Friday night which means I'm on kid patrol. Hopefully I'll get a ride in on Sat.. That's about it I guess...

Is it me, or does there seem to be less riding going on now that it is summer, than there was in the winter/spring? :confused:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
McGRP01 said:
Morning. Nothing going on here. Work is slow as usual. No riding yesterday, no riding tonight. There is a bike club meeting I may attend tonight...not sure yet. My wife heads out to St. Louis tomorrow for work and won't be back until late Friday night which means I'm on kid patrol. Hopefully I'll get a ride in on Sat.. That's about it I guess...

Is it me, or does there seem to be less riding going on now that it is summer, than there was in the winter/spring? :confused:
I was thinking that exact thing this morning!

Everybody was saying they just "layed around" this past weekend.

I know around here the humidity is just horrible some days.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
No riding last night, perhaps I can sneak one in tonight. Went to the pet store with the family. Picked me out a fish. Got a Black Molly.

I know its kinda boring, but well, its my fish. Other than that, not much to do at work. Just a few things here and there.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Polandspring88 said:
No riding last night, perhaps I can sneak one in tonight. Went to the pet store with the family. Picked me out a fish. Got a Black Molly.

I know its kinda boring, but well, its my fish. Other than that, not much to do at work. Just a few things here and there.
Jackson likes fish, or at least he used to...

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
weren't you going to find out about that bike shop last night?
I'm waiting to hear back from the guy... but I doubt it's going to work out. Not established enough, and at this point I can't spend 2 years getting established before I start seeing any profit.

Polandspring88 said:

Mollies are cool. I bought one from a pet store once and she was pregnant! They have baby fish (rather than laying eggs). I wasn't home when they were born - some got eaten and some were hiding in the fake plants. I think eventually they all died though :(

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
bought a bar mount for my HID, tried it out last night - worked much better then when I used it on my helmet at Dalton

ordered a few things from nashbar

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Greetings. No much going on. Late to work today on account of a 10:00 hockey game last night. We won in OT and I scored one of the nicest goals I've ever scored. Sweetness. Man was it hot playing last night. My legs were BURNING.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
I'm waiting to hear back from the guy... but I doubt it's going to work out. Not established enough, and at this point I can't spend 2 years getting established before I start seeing any profit.
oh gottcha!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Greetings. No much going on. Late to work today on account of a 10:00 hockey game last night. We won in OT and I scored one of the nicest goals I've ever scored. Sweetness. Man was it hot playing last night. My legs were BURNING.
Congrats!
How is your team doing?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - I'm on vacation. So I'm just gonna chill with my sons today. Liam has a baseball game tonight, so I don't want him to go crazy in the pool or anything and be all tired out come game time.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
MtnBikerChk said:
Mollies are cool. I bought one from a pet store once and she was pregnant! They have baby fish (rather than laying eggs). I wasn't home when they were born - some got eaten and some were hiding in the fake plants. I think eventually they all died though :(
yep - it's not difficult to get mollies to breed, and once they start, they'll breed frequently.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
stosh said:
Congrats!
How is your team doing?
Thanks.

We're 5-1, but probably playing one division lower than we belong. I guess since we stunk last season, they figured they'd drop us two divisions instead of one. Four of our games were close games, so I don't feel so bad about playing in the lower division.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
oh gottcha!
yea, kinda disappointed. I saw an add on CareerBuilder.com (that's how I found out about the shop being for sale). Said it was a shop in Vestal, but gave no name. Well, there's only 1 shop in Vestal and it's not a bad shop... would have been a good oportunity for me. As it turns out, the shop for sale is acutally in Johnson City (next town over), is a bike/skateboard/inline skate/snowboard shop, and carries diamondback as it only line of bikes. I'd drop all the non-bike stuff, and have to try to pickup a new line or two of bikes... not really the type of situation I want to buy into.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
Good morning it is.

I've got a cup of Kona coffee and a plan to avoid doing much today. Fricken humidity is killing me.
are you in Poughkeepsie? I've always wanted to try that Kona shop up there.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
yea, kinda disappointed. I saw an add on CareerBuilder.com (that's how I found out about the shop being for sale). Said it was a shop in Vestal, but gave no name. Well, there's only 1 shop in Vestal and it's not a bad shop... would have been a good oportunity for me. As it turns out, the shop for sale is acutally in Johnson City (next town over), is a bike/skateboard/inline skate/snowboard shop, and carries diamondback as it only line of bikes. I'd drop all the non-bike stuff, and have to try to pickup a new line or two of bikes... not really the type of situation I want to buy into.
But you feel the shop isn't established enough?

Sounds like you're right though about not wanting to buy into it.

Your house finished yet?

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
stosh said:
I am in Po town. Going back to ithaca for two days starting tomorrow, but will be back from friday until next wednesday. Depending on how Beth's feeling, maybe we can catch a ride sometime soon.

If you're referring to the shop she picked up her CC from, it's in Woodstock. The name escapes me though...

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
But you feel the shop isn't established enough?

Sounds like you're right though about not wanting to buy into it.

Your house finished yet?
Not established enough as a bike shop. They only carry one line (Diamondback), they have no loyal clientbase that I know of, and the majority of their sales come from skateboard stuff.

No, the house is not finished yet. They are working on the brick now, then the yard will be the last of the big stuff. After that, we have to fight with our builder about a zillion random things that didn't get done or that need to be fixed.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
I am in Po town. Going back to ithaca for two days starting tomorrow, but will be back from friday until next wednesday. Depending on how Beth's feeling, maybe we can catch a ride sometime soon.

If you're referring to the shop she picked up her CC from, it's in Woodstock. The name escapes me though...
no the Kona Coffee shop in Po Town is what I'm refering to.

Yeah riding this weekend would be good.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Not established enough as a bike shop. They only carry one line (Diamondback), they have no loyal clientbase that I know of, and the majority of their sales come from skateboard stuff.

No, the house is not finished yet. They are working on the brick now, then the yard will be the last of the big stuff. After that, we have to fight with our builder about a zillion random things that didn't get done or that need to be fixed.
Oh gottcha!

Sucks about your house man! What needs to be done to the yard?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Polandspring88 said:
Ah. Terrible things have happened. I can barely breathe...I think someone is trying to gas me in my cubicle...wait, its me...... :dead:
Way to much information man!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
Oh gottcha!

Sucks about your house man! What needs to be done to the yard?
the biggest thing is that the rocks need to be taken out. I guess our builder has some machine that sifts the rocks out of the top few inches of soil, leaving a nice smooth surface. That way I can mow without having to worry about hitting any boulders. According to the contract, he's also supposed to plant grass, but we'll see...

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
Good morning, Stosh

What Kona shop are you talking about? The bike shop Rob is referring to is Overlook Mountain Bikes.

I'm finally feeling better (minus the endurance I used to have). I definitely want to meet you guys again. I'm trying to do as much riding as I can. Might try some road rides to build endurance. I'm moving across the river this weekend, but Rob and I will be around the early part of next week and the week after.

Let me know what's up

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Good morning, Stosh

What Kona shop are you talking about? The bike shop Rob is referring to is Overlook Mountain Bikes.

I'm finally feeling better (minus the endurance I used to have). I definitely want to meet you guys again. I'm trying to do as much riding as I can. Might try some road rides to build endurance. I'm moving across the river this weekend, but Rob and I will be around the early part of next week and the week after.

Let me know what's up
I'm talking about the Kona Coffee shop in Po Town.

Oh so you'll be busy this weekend?
Hey did you ever do that story on Warwick?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
the biggest thing is that the rocks need to be taken out. I guess our builder has some machine that sifts the rocks out of the top few inches of soil, leaving a nice smooth surface. That way I can mow without having to worry about hitting any boulders. According to the contract, he's also supposed to plant grass, but we'll see...
You don't even want to know what the guy at work has been going thru with his house. I think the thing that has screwed him the most is his dad has been building it for him so to keep the peace in the family he can't push the issues to much.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
jacksonpt said:
Too bad we don't live in the same area... I'd have hook you up on your casa!

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
stosh said:
You don't even want to know what the guy at work has been going thru with his house. I think the thing that has screwed him the most is his dad has been building it for him so to keep the peace in the family he can't push the issues to much.

Building your own home is nothing like they show on TV...

It really helps to have an experienced general on the job.