The suburbs of Mexico.....
stosh said:
I think I lost you on AIM.
I'll continue here...

you're in the dark long tunnel that is cutting thru the mtn

once you enter all you can see it a little white spec at the end

as you get closer the spec gets larger and larger

all this time all you can hear is the sound of your car passing thru the tunnel

now you're able to make out a few trees at the end of the tunnel and the road turning the the right....

the light is getting bigger
as you come to the end of the tunnel your pupiles are huge becuase it's so dark inside and the light is making you wince
all of a sudden you exit the tunnel
the sound of the car on the road is no longer
you take a slight turn to the right exiting the tunnel to see a view of Yosemite valley
the dank smell of the tunnel has left and the void has been filled with the smell of pine and fresh air....
your pupiles are trying to race open as your blood pressure tops out because what your eyes are trying to take in is like nothing you've ever seen before

it's like Jurassic park but with mtns instead of animals...
That would be the best birthday present ever :D

Thanks for all the info. :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Shyrmp said:
Orven would like to know what highway said tunnel is on?
I think you need to enter thru the south entrance. Go to Mariposa grove and see the giant red woods. Then head up and enter valley via tunnel.

I'm looking for specific directions now.

I was doing well. I went for a ride. Finally got my Pike tuned to where I have full travel. My ride was very short though.

I wanted to finally hit something "big". I saw a nice 5ft drop to about a 60% grade. The whole thing totals about 25 feet. The drop is on Channel drive in Annadel right as you come off the first part of channel trail. Well, I loaded my on my front bit too late on the lip and basically endoed (see name). No broken bones. Scraped the hell outta my elbow though and basically my whole left side. Worst of all I ruined my jersey.

I cut the ride short at that point and went to the house to nurse my wounds.

Otherwise the day has been great!

Think I'll stick to 2 footers and maybe some bunny hops for a little while longer until I attack that drop again.