Quantcast

***Good Tuesday Morning***

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good f'n Tuesday Morning :monkey: s!

So, what did everyone do yesterday/last night? What are you up to today?

I cleaned up all the camping gear, cleaned up the kiddie pool and refilled it, did some laundry from the weekend and weeded the landscaping. Real f'n exciting I know. ;) Managed to break the garbage can (wheels came off). It's lasted for 6 years so I guess it's time for a new one.

Today I believe Sq-Earl and I are going to try to go for a ride...maybe even the club ride, but I am not 100% sure...depends on what he decides. Other than that, I have some crap to go through for school (catalogues for my orders) and some calls to return, bills to pay. Just another day in the life I suppose.

splat

Nam I am
Morning !!!

Yesterday went and saw the Doctor who is teh head of Infectious diesess yesterday . he was happy with my progress , only 14 more Days of IV anti-biotic.

but more importantly he gave me clearance to Ride my Road bike ( told me no Mt biking ) , he is a Cyclist him self , and said I could do 25 - 30 miles of Spinning , no 50 Mile hill quests , so lasty night I got on my Bike for the fist time in almost a month for a real ride !

I did 20 Miles !!! my legs and Lungs had Nothing !!! ave speed 15.5 But it felt soooooo good to just get out and ride!

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Went out to dinner with a few friends last night, waitress totally wanted me. Almost ran into the ex-girlfriend, who later texted me telling me that she kinda wants to get back together. In news that actually matters, I have spent lots of money on new bike pieces. 500 big ones, and I am quite excited. I'll post pics of it when its all built up.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
yesterday was chores....and I have a ton more to do

work sucks.....Ed, my assistant has been offered another job, he's definitely worth more than we pay him........it will impossible to replace him with what this joint pays combined with the office being in the boonies now, and another employee complained to the GM about me, saying I dont like him/I never wanted him to be assitant manager in the 1st place (ok, I dont like anyone here excpt Ed, and you wander around the building aimlessly, make personal calls all day, are unhelpful when I ask you for help, spend more time flirting w/girls then working, you're emails look like they were written by someone in 2nd grade, etc, etc.........so yup, sorry, I dont think you are management material)

/rant off

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
splat said:
Morning !!!

Yesterday went and saw the Doctor who is teh head of Infectious diesess yesterday . he was happy with my progress , only 14 more Days of IV anti-biotic.

but more importantly he gave me clearance to Ride my Road bike ( told me no Mt biking ) , he is a Cyclist him self , and said I could do 25 - 30 miles of Spinning , no 50 Mile hill quests , so lasty night I got on my Bike for the fist time in almost a month for a real ride !

I did 20 Miles !!! my legs and Lungs had Nothing !!! ave speed 15.5 But it felt soooooo good to just get out and ride!

thats good news to hear :thumb:

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
mowed my lawn last night then went for a short roadie. We had a huge storm last night with lots of lightning and I was up all night freaking out cus there is a huge maple tree ganing over my house and it has already been hit once but I cant take it down till the end of Aug so hopfully it doesnt crust my dinning room till then

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
splat said:
Morning !!!

allways good to get back in the saddle :thumb:

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
good morning everyone!!!!!!

I finally got the correct disc brake adapter for my Heckler... the brake pads were grabbing just the edge of the rotor as some people kindly pointed out. after about 20 minutes of playing with washers I got it as perfect as its going to get so now I am happy.

I wound up charging up some lights and going for a night ride, nothing to crazy some local well known trails. it was nice to get out and not feel like passing out in the sun. I am trying to get a bunch of friends to get to Diablo this weekend. if anyones going let me know, i actually may have some free day passes availbale as well. Other than that I decided my riding for the time being is going to be at dusk for a few weeks. Its just much much cooler.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
splat said:
Morning !!!

YEAH!!!! That's AWESOME! So glad to hear that your prognosis is improving! :thumb:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
hooples3 said:
good morning everyone!!!!!!

I finally got the correct disc brake adapter for my Heckler... the brake pads were grabbing just the edge of the rotor as some people kindly pointed out. after about 20 minutes of playing with washers I got it as perfect as its going to get so now I am happy.

I wound up charging up some lights and going for a night ride, nothing to crazy some local well known trails. it was nice to get out and not feel like passing out in the sun. I am trying to get a bunch of friends to get to Diablo this weekend. if anyones going let me know, i actually may have some free day passes availbale as well. Other than that I decided my riding for the time being is going to be at dusk for a few weeks. Its just much much cooler.
Nice! Sq-Earl and I are debating going this weekend and I think Echo and Tweek and some jackalopes are heading down too. We'll definitely let you know if we can make it.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
douglas said:
yesterday was chores....and I have a ton more to do

work sucks.....Ed, my assistant has been offered another job, he's definitely worth more than we pay him........it will impossible to replace him with what this joint pays combined with the office being in the boonies now, and another employee complained to the GM about me, saying I dont like him/I never wanted him to be assitant manager in the 1st place (ok, I dont like anyone here excpt Ed, and you wander around the building aimlessly, make personal calls all day, are unhelpful when I ask you for help, spend more time flirting w/girls then working, you're emails look like they were written by someone in 2nd grade, etc, etc.........so yup, sorry, I dont think you are management material)

/rant off
Sounds like fun...:think: Good luck with getting a new assistant.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - had yesterday off too - long weekends rock!

cleaned up my apartment a bit - went for a short ride, went over to Laura's and did some yardwork at her place and then we chowed down on some Chinese take out for dinner.

It's going to be hot and humid here for today and much of tomorrow I guess. Although it was gorgeous out this a.m. I was tempted to blow off work another day and go for a ride, but here I am at work. bummer.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning, monkeys. I had a hockey game last night. I played a good game. We won 5-4 and I scored the game winner late in the game. Not my best offensive game ever, but I made some real solid defensive plays and that is where my game is usually its weakest.

Splat, glad to hear you can finally ride again!! :thumb:

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
Good F'n Morning All!! Took a rest day yesterday after MF. It's supposed to get crazy hot today but I'm still going riding, I should get some good hucking practice in, hope I don't hurt myself too bad.

Splat, good to hear you're spinning again.

Hooples, I'm a definite maybe on the diablo this weekend.

Speaking of diablo, would my haro be ok or should I do a rental package? I'm thinking rental just so I won't break my bike, and my bike isn't exactly for dh.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Crazy Sweeper said:
Good F'n Morning All!! Took a rest day yesterday after MF. It's supposed to get crazy hot today but I'm still going riding, I should get some good hucking practice in, hope I don't hurt myself too bad.

Splat, good to hear you're spinning again.

Speaking of diablo, would my haro be ok or should I do a rental package? I'm thinking rental just so I won't break my bike, and my bike isn't exactly for dh.
I would do a rental and make sure you wear a full face helmet. It's always nice to get sized and try out a new bike...especially if you're in the market for a DH rig. ;)

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
TreeSaw said:
I would do a rental and make sure you wear a full face helmet. It's always nice to get sized and try out a new bike...especially if you're in the market for a DH rig. ;)
the diablo dh rental comes with everything for 79 bucks. Then with the lift ticket that puts me over 100 just for a day of riding...

Andy_B

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
whereabouts unknown
Well, Last night...err Sat. I slaped on the ridge fork on the SS, and last night I rode it on the trails. Climbs good, corners great. On my 2nd lap I came off my line a fit a small square edged... something or another... that flatted my front tire. 1st flat I have had in 4 years riding XC. I dont carry tools or tubes. So, tonight I go to the LBS to get a bag a tube and 2 co2 thingys.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Andy_B said:
Well, Last night...err Sat. I slaped on the ridge fork on the SS, and last night I rode it on the trails. Climbs good, corners great. On my 2nd lap I came off my line a fit a small square edged... something or another... that flatted my front tire. 1st flat I have had in 4 years riding XC. I dont carry tools or tubes. So, tonight I go to the LBS to get a bag a tube and 2 co2 thingys.
D'oh. I don't generally get flats either, but I still carry a tube and pump in my camelbak (more or less to give to the other riders who need them along the trail or in my group).

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
'Morning. I took a short road ride and then headed out to see Kasabian. They aren't really my cup of tea, but some friends wanted to go. They sounded great, so it was worth going.

Andy_B said:

you can get a case of co2 at wal mart/kmart for what the LBS will charge you for 2.

:)

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Crazy Sweeper said:

a definate maybe huh :thumb:

I would rent a from them, they seem to have a nice selection of bikes in good shape .. I think its around $75.00
I have brought my heckler there and had a lot of fun with it, but its a lot more fun on the 7.7

splat

Nam I am
douglas said:
Check it:

gear up for Lyme (race)

The Rotary Club of Manchester, VT is organizing this event as a fundraiser to benefit the Lyme Disease Association (LDA).

5.2 miles @ average overall grade of 12%

http://www.gearupforlyme.com/mt_equinox/info.phtml

I saw that. and now after having Lyme Disease , I think I might try and do that next year .

and you forgot to mention there is a 1/2 mile stretch at > 17% grade

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Good morning monkeys.

Hung out last night with a friend, drank beer and played Halo.

On the biking front...my fricken SEATPOST broke on our Sunday ride. So off I went yesterday for a new one. And I also dropped $360 bucks on a new LX drivetrain for my "fat cheese eating lady sitting on a bench" Trek. It'll be all ready for riding when I get back from vacation (and ready for the Deck Party weekend).

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Andy_B said:
OMG!!!1!!1 WTF r u thinking?!? Obviously nothing, I mean, who rides without a spare tube because they have never flatted on the trail before... :thumb:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
robdamanii said:
Good morning monkeys.

Hung out last night with a friend, drank beer and played Halo.

On the biking front...my fricken SEATPOST broke on our Sunday ride. So off I went yesterday for a new one. And I also dropped $360 bucks on a new LX drivetrain for my "fat cheese eating lady sitting on a bench" Trek. It'll be all ready for riding when I get back from vacation (and ready for the Deck Party weekend).
Nice :thumb: I need to remember to send you all some directions!

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
hooples3 said:
a definate maybe huh :thumb:

I would rent a from them, they seem to have a nice selection of bikes in good shape .. I think its around $75.00
I have brought my heckler there and had a lot of fun with it, but its a lot more fun on the 7.7
I'll give a definite answer by thursday's GMT

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Crazy Sweeper said:
I'll give a definite answer by thursday's GMT
I rode my Freeride bike there my first day and then switched to my DH bike for the 2nd day and definitely prefered the DH bike...much more fun! Earl's leaning toward not going so he can work on dirt jumps here, but I am on the fence right now. I should also know by Thursday.

Andy_B

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
whereabouts unknown
MtnBikerChk said:
you can get a case of co2 at wal mart/kmart for what the LBS will charge you for 2.

:)
Cool. But I work for my LBS so I think I can float the $0.25 per CO2

Polandspring88 said:
OMG!!!1!!1 WTF r u thinking?!? Obviously nothing, I mean, who rides without a spare tube because they have never flatted on the trail before... :thumb:
Did you wake up on the wrong side the bed today? You dont ride with me. You dont know how I ride, you dont know the trails I ride, in fact you dont know me. Im a big boy I can walk out of a trail if i need to. Oh ya, I dont carry a chain tool either. and I clip leave my keys on my front tire of my car... :angry:

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Andy_B said:
Did you wake up on the wrong side the bed today? You dont ride with me. You dont know how I ride, you dont know the trails I ride, in fact you dont know me. Im a big boy I can walk out of a trail if i need to. Oh ya, I dont carry a chain tool either. and I clip leave my keys on my front tire of my car... :angry:
:( I was just kidding because I got yelled at a while back for doing the exact same thing. Just sharing the love...:(

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Andy_B said:

I'm thinking angry drunk

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Good morning all. I did nothing except ridemonkey last night. I'm getting ready for a camp/ride trip up in Flagstaff, two days of riding in the drylakes and around Eldon mountain. Got home from work yesterday and my wife was coming back from a road ride pulling my daughter behind in a carrier, it was probably 105 out, so that's tough. Good work on her part.

Rode the road bike to work today, 19.5 miles, 1:06 total time including about 10 minutes of stop lights, so an average speed of about 21mph, mostly on the flats. I'm headed up to the building greasy spoon for a breakfast burrito..