Quantcast

***Good Tuesday Morning***

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
TreeSaw said:
Of course!
I am leading an intermediate/advanced XC ride and my husband is leading a day of DH at West Mtn. I'm also home on Friday if you are in the area for a ride that day.
I have the severe feeling that after a month off, two weeks on and another week and a half off, I won't be up to the task, but it's worth a shot.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
robdamanii said:
I have the severe feeling that after a month off, two weeks on and another week and a half off, I won't be up to the task, but it's worth a shot.
No need to worry...it'll be a relaxed pace. Mr. Ding-a-Ling (my heart rate monitor) will see to that :D

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Hello all. I'm off today and home with the kid. Think we're going to go for a ride on the bike path up to the ice cream shop for some cones, and then over to my in-laws to swim in their pool. Sounds like a plan right? :)

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
TreeSaw said:
No need to worry...it'll be a relaxed pace. Mr. Ding-a-Ling (my heart rate monitor) will see to that :D
T, I think Kell and are are out for the rides (I've to work all that weekend) but we'll most likely be over for food, drink and stunt humping in the evening!! ;)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
McGRP01 said:
Hello all. I'm off today and home with the kid. Think we're going to go for a ride on the bike path up to the ice cream shop for some cones, and then over to my in-laws to swim in their pool. Sounds like a plan right? :)
Sounds like a plan to me :thumb: Sorry to hear you're out for the rides, but do come by for stunts, beers, & food :D

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Hello everyone!

Today is another great day. I did a road ride before work - 7 miles of sustained climbing, 7 miles of big ring hammering back down, and about 7 miles of flats in between. It was a good little prework ride - saw 3 coyotes, 2 deer, a bat!, and a dozen squirrels.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Heidi said:
Hello everyone!

Today is another great day. I did a road ride before work - 7 miles of sustained climbing, 7 miles of big ring hammering back down, and about 7 miles of flats in between. It was a good little prework ride - saw 3 coyotes, 2 deer, a bat!, and a dozen squirrels.
Nice :thumb: How is the knee feeling after that ride?

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
TreeSaw said:
Nice :thumb: How is the knee feeling after that ride?
It was ok today - I sprayed that Apsrispray stuff on it and it was pretty cool out this morning so it was almost numb! It was so pretty out as I headed towards Mt. Bachelor. The sky was lit up all orange and stuff. I've been doing a lot of pulling up in my pedal stroke - almost exaggerated, so my hamstrings are taking a lot of the stress off my knee joint.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Heidi said:
It was ok today - I sprayed that Apsrispray stuff on it and it was pretty cool out this morning so it was almost numb! It was so pretty out as I headed towards Mt. Bachelor. The sky was lit up all orange and stuff. I've been doing a lot of pulling up in my pedal stroke - almost exaggerated, so my hamstrings are taking a lot of the stress off my knee joint.
I just hope you aren't over-doing it. I think my hamstrings would explode if I tried that ;)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
robdamanii said:
Aww crap. Now I'm going to be publicly embarassed....

As long as I don't end up in a ditch like I did last week....
Hehehehehe....I have had some excellent crashes and some were even caught on camera. Don't worry...there are sure to be quite a few good ones! Maybe you'll even win a prize for the best crash or something :sneaky:

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
TreeSaw said:
Hehehehehe....I have had some excellent crashes and some were even caught on camera. Don't worry...there are sure to be quite a few good ones! Maybe you'll even win a prize for the best crash or something :sneaky:
I think I'll give him a run for his money on best crash. I do an outstanding summersault over the bars, catching my bike in my hands above my head...

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Crazy Sweeper said:
I think I'll give him a run for his money on best crash. I do an outstanding summersault over the bars, catching my bike in my hands above my head...
Sounds like we're on the same wavelength. Awesome.

Perhaps there will be a new olympic sport of synchronized crashing...

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
robdamanii said:
Damnit, I think we're carrying cameras from now on to capture these moments. Too bad we didn't have one when my seatpost broke sunday.
LOL! I broke my seat at Whiteface last year and had to hold it on while I came through a section of trail...everyone got quite a laugh out of that, but no pics.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
DRB - That's too funny! My elbow is actually looking good since I haven't crashed on it in over a year now!!!!!!!

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Last night I located one of my old Sub Nuke EM friends from 20 years ago on the internet. He works at a truck dealership, hasn't responded to my e-mail yet but he has a unique name and after seeing the picture, I know it's him.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
Reactor said:
Last night I located one of my old Sub Nuke EM friends from 20 years ago on the internet. He works at a truck dealership, hasn't responded to my e-mail yet but he has a unique name and after seeing the picture, I know it's him.
HAHA! Reactor, it never clicked on what your name means until you just said that. I'm a Nuke EM (Subs). I teach at the sub school in CT.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Crazy Sweeper said:
HAHA! Reactor, it never clicked on what your name means until you just said that. I'm a Nuke EM (Subs). I teach at the sub school in CT.

Did you race at 24 hours in the old pueblo about a year and a half ago? Your picture looks familiar and I talked to another submariner there. I'm a plank owner on the USS Nevada, and worked in Mare island on the Russell.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
TreeSaw said:
That's actually Echo's mug shot from this year's 24 hours of Dalton and yes, he did the 24 hours of Old Pueblo that you were asking about.

I exploded a prickley pear cactus at 5:00 am, needles everywhere. I had to take off my long pants to get the torns out. It was maybe 28 degrees f, and after a half an hour I started up the hill, wearing shrts and a long sleve jersey on the verge on hypothermia.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Reactor said:
I exploded a prickley pear cactus at 5:00 am, needles everywhere. I had to take off my long pants to get the torns out. It was maybe 28 degrees f, and after a half an hour I started up the hill, wearing shrts and a long sleve jersey on the verge on hypothermia.
Yikes! I didn't do the race that year, but I did race this year in the torrential rains. Great course. I am hoping to make it back for another race in 2007!