Quantcast

~~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~~

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
How am I doing? Hmm, if not for girls I would be a much happier and less confused individual. Outside of that, I am doing well.

Stupid paint still wont dry, I am going to clearcoat tonight, let it sit for a week then call it quits. It sucks having all of these nice parts lying around and you cannot build up the bike.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I wonder who is going to propose today?

Congrats there Stosh. And Damn True. Day late.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Polandspring88 said:
How am I doing? Hmm, if not for girls I would be a much happier and less confused individual. Outside of that, I am doing well.

Stupid paint still wont dry, I am going to clearcoat tonight, let it sit for a week then call it quits. It sucks having all of these nice parts lying around and you cannot build up the bike.
Pics of build?

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
mornin' all! Uneventful night last night. Saw Ray, decent flick, but I have to say I was very impressed with Jamie Fox's performance. Might go on a ride today if I can get home early enough to put my new fork on.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Crazy Sweeper said:
mornin' all! Uneventful night last night. Saw Ray, decent flick, but I have to say I was very impressed with Jamie Fox's performance. Might go on a ride today if I can get home early enough to put my new fork on.
I thought Ray was a GREAT movie and I've never liked Jamie Fox before.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
I cant decide if I'm doing the darkhorse or not :confused:

and I agree w/PolandS, about girls (not paint)
I want to talk to George to see if he needs help. I would love to help him out.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
are you doing the Darkhorse 40 stosh ???
No.... I haven't been on my bike enough.
I've rode a hell of a lot more than I did last year but I'm not confident enough to even pull off the 20miles using a team and get a good enough time.

The course is supposed to be nice and fast this year.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
really.........I must be the only person that thought movie was freakin boring.
I think I really got into the music. I watched Million Dollar baby Sunday and I thought that was f'ing boring.

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
Congrats stosh on getting engaged. Married life is great. Just be sure there's time for you to ride. It's better for the both of you. And, to go along with that, here's for all the rest of the useless and unsolicited advice you're about to receive in the months leading up to the big day.....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Crazy Sweeper said:
Come on, In living color?
nope, didn't like him in that.

Wait did he do the Bum skit with the poop in the jar... Poop is always funny.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
wannabeabonedoc said:
Congrats stosh on getting engaged. Married life is great. Just be sure there's time for you to ride. It's better for the both of you. And, to go along with that, here's for all the rest of the useless and unsolicited advice you're about to receive in the months leading up to the big day.....
Bwahhhhhh nice!!

My GF rides with me she even talked about having a Mtn bike themed wedding....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Crazy Sweeper said:
that was Damon Wayans. "Can't a guy take a piss in private?"

Oh right, that was funny!!! Man that brings back memories.....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
ROCKLAND said:
Made an offer on a house last night. Will hear back tommorow. A little freaky.
*jealous*

First we have to pay for a marriage, then we can buy a house. I'm sick and tired of F'ing waiting.
Got pics of it?

Oh heres a pic of the my fiance' that I took in Maine.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
stosh said:
I think I really got into the music. I watched Million Dollar baby Sunday and I thought that was f'ing boring.

Saw it Saturday night as well........loved it. Fantastic movie. But.....you kinda hafta like the typical slow pace of any Clint Eastwood-directed film. They have a rhythm to them that is very deliberate...never really speeds up, never really slows down.

Picked up my computer from Best Buy yesterday. Lightning hit it a few weeks ago and fried it just a bit. They got it fixed....but I have realized that the CD Rom/ DVD player doesn't want to work now. I believe it got fried along with the motherboard, but they just didn't check it out. Gonna hafta make another trip down there today and see if we can't get it straightened out.

Tomatoes, tomatoes, tomatoes.......Holy mother of God do I have tomatoes!!! They're everywhere!! The drought we were going through for the last month kept everything held back, but our recent rains have made the garden feakin' explode!! Got three trashbags FULL of Roma's, German Johnsons....you name it. Been giving them out at work this morning to anyone that will take them. Peppers, too. Bananas, habeneros, Bell, chilie, jalapeno.......it's insane. The habeneros this year are the hottest damn peppers I've ever grown. Dry conditions kept these guys POTENT!! I was making a habenero-puree with some cilantro-infused olive oil last night, and my eyes were literally pouring water out they were so intense. :thumb:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Got a hellish 3 days coming up... This morning I have to present a project I've been working on to the office. Not a huge deal, I just know there's going to be all kinds of stupid and/or ego-ish questions to deal with. Tomorrow morning I have to go to a web demo of the new recruitment software we are buying. Ordinarily this would be cool (in a geeky way), but the timing sucks). Tomorrow afternoon Renae is getting steroid shots into her back to try to help with her disk issues. Thursday afternoon I have a meeting where I get to be the mediator in a room full of bigwig egos.

The sole bright spot to all this is that I'm going to ride tonight if the weather holds... might check out some new trails, or might go to the old stand-bys, we'll see. If the shots help Renae's back, that will obviously be huge.

I was in the LBS yesterday and they were harrassing me about not being on my mtn bike much. Guess I need to find time to get out more.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
stosh said:
*jealous*

First we have to pay for a marriage, then we can buy a house. I'm sick and tired of F'ing waiting.
Got pics of it?

Oh heres a pic of the my fiance' that I took in Maine.
No pics yet. Place is in super condition. I have a couple of reservations though: it was built in 1820!! I'm gonna get a good home inspection of the structure before it's a done deal.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
ROCKLAND said:
No pics yet. Place is in super condition. I have a couple of reservations though: it was built in 1820!! I'm gonna get a good home inspection of the structure before it's a done deal.
What do you think of the Winters where you live?

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
stosh said:
What do you think of the Winters where you live?
Meh, it's winter. Cold, snowy, dark. I'm not a winter person, not into winter sports, so I just complain my way through 'till spring. We do bundle up and ride still.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
ROCKLAND said:
Meh, it's winter. Cold, snowy, dark. I'm not a winter person, not into winter sports, so I just complain my way through 'till spring. We do bundle up and ride still.
I'm looking for a new place to live.... I like Maine but I've never been there in Winter.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Good morning everyone.

Had a two nice rides in Flagstaff this weekend, about 6000 ft of climbing, 37 mile total. Major systems conversion today, Other than that everything is Ducky.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
stosh said:
I'm looking for a new place to live.... I like Maine but I've never been there in Winter.
I don't think it would be much different, than NY durring the winter time. At worst the lows are a little lower.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
ROCKLAND said:
I don't think it would be much different, than NY durring the winter time. At worst the lows are a little lower.
Yeah I know Portland is about the same latitued as about Albany but being on the coast I'm sure the water moderates the temps.

I'm not a big fan of winter anymore. If had a garage or a place where I could build things in winter I'm sure I would be more of a fan.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Morning :stosh:

Borrowed the words One Star for the fantasy football season.

Probably going to hit up Round Valley for some prime trail riding today.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Rip said:
Morning :stosh:

Borrowed the words One Star for the fantasy football season.
WTF are you talking about? I can't tell if you're trying to hit on me or not.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Crazy Sweeper said:
I really like Ray. I had never realized what a woamanizing, drug-addicted prick Ray was :rolleyes:

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
morning everyone. Another busy day at work proofreading the next issue. Deadlines and summer are two words that don't go well together.

I finally get my car back today! The accident happened nearly 2 weeks ago. They had to replace both doors on the driver's side and strighten the pillar in the middle. Damn, glad I don't have to pay for that work! The other guy's insurance should go up quite a bit and I wish I could thank him for the brand new Jeep I've been driving around, courtesy of his insurance company. The bike fits really nicely in the back! :)