Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

My bikes are all loaded up and I'm ready for a ride tonight. Should be nice and humid.

Another busy f'ing day here at work.

Hey anybody seen BrianHCM lately?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
last night was a local bike clinic and The "intergalatic NY state rensselaer county town of defreestville time trial championships", 4.5 mile pretty technical loop.

About 10 of us entered, there was no catagories.....I threw down my fastest time ever for that loop but was still schooled, damn expert racer boys....I did see my highest HR of the year (182)

super tasty BBQ afterwards.........total cost of the evening for me, FREE!! :D

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Started bike assembly last night. Ran into a few problems that were unforeseen. Derailleur hanger was bent, but luckily its a steel frame, so nothing I couldn't fix with a pair of pliers. My make shift headset press died, the washers totally bent in half leaving me with a partially pressed headset. Luckily my dad broke out the race install kit and we pounded that sucker in. Three I am going to need to shim the front derailleur as I believe I have the smallest clamp they produce, yet it is still not small enough. Four, the guy I purchased a crankset off of on ebay failed to mention that the non drive side cup on the bb was stripped out. Gotta get one of those now. Five, the guy at the bike shop lied to me and told me the wrong specifications for the hex nuts I needed to put the 10mm through axle on. So that pretty much leaves assembly at a stand still.

Odd thing happened last night, I was chatting with this girl online when she literally says, "What would you say right now if I asked you to be my boyfriend?" I was like, um, der....Luckily some professional BSing skills let me glide through that one fairly smoothly.

Only 3 more days of work left. :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Polandspring88 said:
Started bike assembly last night. Ran into a few problems that were unforeseen. Derailleur hanger was bent, but luckily its a steel frame, so nothing I couldn't fix with a pair of pliers. My make shift headset press died, the washers totally bent in half leaving me with a partially pressed headset. Luckily my dad broke out the race install kit and we pounded that sucker in. Three I am going to need to shim the front derailleur as I believe I have the smallest clamp they produce, yet it is still not small enough. Four, the guy I purchased a crankset off of on ebay failed to mention that the non drive side cup on the bb was stripped out. Gotta get one of those now. Five, the guy at the bike shop lied to me and told me the wrong specifications for the hex nuts I needed to put the 10mm through axle on. So that pretty much leaves assembly at a stand still.

Odd thing happened last night, I was chatting with this girl online when she literally says, "What would you say right now if I asked you to be my boyfriend?" I was like, um, der....Luckily some professional BSing skills let me glide through that one fairly smoothly.

Only 3 more days of work left. :)
Pics of the girl?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
last night was a local bike clinic and The "intergalatic NY state rensselaer county town of defreestville time trial championships", 4.5 mile pretty technical loop.

About 10 of us entered, there was no catagories.....I threw down my fastest time ever for that loop but was still schooled, damn expert racer boys....I did see my highest HR of the year (182)

super tasty BBQ afterwards.........total cost of the evening for me, FREE!! :D
I kept thinking I was seeing you at the Darkhorse 40 this one guy looked just like you...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
Morning !

I am free to ride a mt bike again! I had planned to do a Lunch ride , then I get to the office and some bozo has scheduled a Meeting from 12 -1 !!

RUDE RUDE RUDE
nice, right thru lunch

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
splat said:
Morning !

I am free to ride a mt bike again! I had planned to do a Lunch ride , then I get to the office and some bozo has scheduled a Meeting from 12 -1 !!

RUDE RUDE RUDE
Show up to the meeting with lunch, preferably something that really stinks. Do you like kimshee sp??

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning.

Got my laptop back from Best Buy on repair from a lightning strike last week, but didn't get around to setting it up until yesterday....turned it on and it just cycles through the startup and then cuts off. Grrrrr! :angry: Back up to Best Buy we go and give Skippy the Geek Squad leader an earful of chin-music. I wanted a replacement as I've had to replace the motherboard in this thing twice already, but they said it has to die a third death before they would replace it. Double-grrrrrrr :angry: :angry: So we send it off again with a promise they'll replace it the next time it craps-out. Damn lemon.

Made some wonderful honey and pepper pork chops last night and was chilling on the couch nicely around 9:30 when our 2nd shift guy at work called and said they were having some technical probs with our laser projection system on the truss tables.....so I throw some shoes on and head over. Turns out to be a small issue, and I get it fixed and running within an hour. I hate having to be the go-to guy sometimes at this job. But it pays the bills(barely). :nuts:

Got some new wheels this weekend from Performance--their LOCO freeride wheels. I'm really impressed with these wheels. They're very solid-welded as opposed to pinned, and have a convertible front hub from 9mm QR to 20mm TA. All the parts are machined very nicely, and they feel as solid as my old set of Mavic 521's. Anyone else had some time on these? Dogboy, a poster here recommended them to me. They're pretty much just like the Azonic Outlaws---same hub and all with conversion kit. I think the Outlaws are pinned though. Either way, they look and feel pretty burly and I think they'll do just fine.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all! I am supposed to be teaching lessons right now, but 2 of my students (brothers) didn't show up and there is no answer at their home number...oh well, I am getting paid regardless. I just wished they would have called so I could be done a little earlier.

Local club meeting tonight and a mountain of laundry to do this afternoon should fill up my day today.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning! Got a good ride in last night. Seems I've been riding better lately since I cut down on how often I ride. :think: Wierd... Anywho, my friend Johnnyru got some pics and vid of me doing a few small drops and jumps that'll I'll try to post as soon as he gets them to me. I'm home today so, like Treesaw, it's laundry marathon day!! :dead: Have a good one all! :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
McGRP01 said:
Morning! Got a good ride in last night. Seems I've been riding better lately since I cut down on how often I ride. :think: Wierd... Anywho, my friend Johnnyru got some pics and vid of me doing a few small drops and jumps that'll I'll try to post as soon as he gets them to me. I'm home today so, like Treesaw, it's laundry marathon day!! :dead: Have a good one all! :)
I'm hoping the weather holds out today as well.....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Shyrmp said:
Good Morning Stosh! :D

Went for a nice DH ride with ncrider last night. Today just trying to finsh everything at work before I head out.

Have a good day! :)
You're leaving today right?

Take lots of pics!

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
morning all, rode bmx with a buddy last night. Not sure what's going on with tonight.

poland: have you ever met this girl or are you just online buddies?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning!

Sweep you've got a BMX bike?

Poland - that sucks about all the stuff that's messed up with the bike build, but the girl is pretty cute. Does she go to college with you? Assuming you are in college and not still in High School.

IAB - work does suck - I wish I was on vacation too, or in a different job. I think we should start up our own bike shop in West Hartford - lots of $$ in that town and no bike shop!

Tonight I'm going over to IABs and MBCs to run some disc brake cable on the Ted Wojcik. Yep, picked up a disc brake adaptor and it seems to fit just fine on the rear triangle of the Ted! Tonight we shall see for certain. Keep your fingers crossed monkeys.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Crazy Sweeper said:
morning all, rode bmx with a buddy last night. Not sure what's going on with tonight.

poland: have you ever met this girl or are you just online buddies?
We know each other, took her out on a few dates earlier this summer.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
MMcG said:
Poland - that sucks about all the stuff that's messed up with the bike build, but the girl is pretty cute. Does she go to college with you? Assuming you are in college and not still in High School.
Nah, she doesn't go to college with me, still in high school. Trying to find a girl at my college is like trying to decide which one of the drunk obnoxious cows is the least drunk and obnoxious to have relationsh with.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Polandspring88 said:
Request fulfilled.

i'd hit it.

uhhhhhh well i think my faith has been restored in the ol' ridemonkey through threats and wise words of wisdom.

well i am off today and the rain has stopped so i think i am going to do nothing. maybe clean my car and drink some beer.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Not a good morning.

Up at 6:15 to drive 230 miles back to ithaca so I can move my apartment. I'm taking a break from packing frantically for about 3 straight hours and having a nice long drink of water.

Whole apartment has to be packed and moved and the truck has to be back by 7 PM. Goddamnit I hate my current asshat landlord for not letting me do this on a weekend.

Anyway...yeah. grrr.