Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I'll be riding with Splat bluebug, and Rob tonight. I can't f'ing wait!!! :)

Great weather today!!

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Wow its probably been a good 3-4months before I can say I've looked at the GMT without there being almost 5pages of posts already on it. :p Reason being is today is the first day of school, yes it sucks and yes I'm not too happy about it. :(

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Good morning stosh and everyone

Its about time the weather got a little more pleasant!!!!
I am hoping to ride the greenbelt this afternoon providing it doesnt rain.
I was bored at 9 pm last night and felt how cool it was out so i decided to go for a nice ride. My wife and I have been looking for a house so what better way to search areas but by bike. we saw some nice ones and took down the numbers for them... today will be spent setting up appointments to see them all.
Not only did we accomplish seeing houses we wound up riding for 2 hrs and about 20 miles...

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
COmtbiker12 said:
Wow its probably been a good 3-4months before I can say I've looked at the GMT without there being almost 5pages of posts already on it. :p Reason being is today is the first day of school, yes it sucks and yes I'm not too happy about it. :(
wow and you made the second spot!!!!

yuck!!!! have fun at school!!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
Good morning stosh and everyone

Its about time the weather got a little more pleasant!!!!
I am hoping to ride the greenbelt this afternoon providing it doesnt rain.
I was bored at 9 pm last night and felt how cool it was out so i decided to go for a nice ride. My wife and I have been looking for a house so what better way to search areas but by bike. we saw some nice ones and took down the numbers for them... today will be spent setting up appointments to see them all.
Not only did we accomplish seeing houses we wound up riding for 2 hrs and about 20 miles...
Where are you looking to buy a house, in Brooklyn?

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
hooples3 said:
wow and you made the second spot!!!!

yuck!!!! have fun at school!!!!
Lol I'll try. There better be lots of hot girls there. :p :D ;)

Doesn't help that the weather out here has been crummy lately, overcast and foggy and down in the 40s and 50s so there has been minimal riding lately. :(

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
stosh said:
Where are you looking to buy a house, in Brooklyn?
unfortunately yes..... at least for now.... I figure its better than putting money into rent. At least it's an investment

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
unfortunately yes..... at least for now.... I figure its better than putting money into rent. At least it's an investment
agreed.... I think Aubrey and I are pretty sure we need to move out of NYS. The taxes around here are out of control.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. Yesterday we got our dog to lie down on demand. HOORAY!!! :dancing:

I had a good hockey game last night. 5-1 win and I scored two goals. Tonight is probably a gym night.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
'Morning. Yesterday we got our dog to lie down on demand. HOORAY!!! :dancing:

I had a good hockey game last night. 5-1 win and I scored two goals. Tonight is probably a gym night.
wow.....
has your dog been doing better in class?

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Mornin' all....

Got "a talk" from the boss this morning bright and early on how I now need to spend less time working with the design program they just sent me to school for a few weeks to learn, and more time out on the shop floor busting everyones chops when they slack off. Geeze.......they're pulling me more ways than taffy over here. Next month.....you watch. I'll be posting about how we've had to have another "talk" because I've been getting behind on my design work because I've been out on the floor too much. I can see why they write sitcoms about the corporate world now.........it's like one big punchline every day sometimes.

Whew.....had to vent that out. Thanks. :thumb:

Did some trailwork yesterday and got an anklefull of chiggers. Itchy-itchy.......know what? They HATE gasoline. Especially the gas/oil mix.....just kills 'em dead. No more itchy-itchy.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Mornin' all....

Got "a talk" from the boss this morning bright and early on how I now need to spend less time working with the design program they just sent me to school for a few weeks to learn, and more time out on the shop floor busting everyones chops when they slack off. Geeze.......they're pulling me more ways than taffy over here. Next month.....you watch. I'll be posting about how we've had to have another "talk" because I've been getting behind on my design work because I've been out on the floor too much. I can see why they write sitcoms about the corporate world now.........it's like one big punchline every day sometimes.

Whew.....had to vent that out. Thanks. :thumb:

Did some trailwork yesterday and got an anklefull of chiggers. Itchy-itchy.......know what? They HATE gasoline. Especially the gas/oil mix.....just kills 'em dead. No more itchy-itchy.
what the heck are Chiggers?

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
stosh said:
what the heck are Chiggers?

Heh heh......apparently something unique to our area of the U.S. I was sure they were upper East Coast as well. They're very, very tiny little bugs that attach themselves like velcro to your skin and cause some serious irritation if you don't get them off within a few hours. You find them here in meadows and high grassy areas. I was working to clear trail in just such an area last evening. Usually if you wear long pants while working, you'll never have a problem, but it was so hot yesterday, I couldn't bear the thought of it.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Heh heh......apparently something unique to our area of the U.S. I was sure they were upper East Coast as well. They're very, very tiny little bugs that attach themselves like velcro to your skin and cause some serious irritation if you don't get them off within a few hours. You find them here in meadows and high grassy areas. I was working to clear trail in just such an area last evening. Usually if you wear long pants while working, you'll never have a problem, but it was so hot yesterday, I couldn't bear the thought of it.
we have ticks... they uber suck!

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
stosh said:
hey man! Did you move?
no I actually found some roommates to move in. One of them is really annoying but at least reliable financially. He doesn't have many friends either so I'm sure he's going to want to follow me around a lot. The other one is pretty cool, and his girlfriend has many cute, single friends. So it looks like everything will be ok.

I need to go get myself a bottom bracket and some pedals so I can put my single speed together.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Crazy Sweeper said:
no I actually found some roommates to move in. One of them is really annoying but at least reliable financially. He doesn't have many friends either so I'm sure he's going to want to follow me around a lot. The other one is pretty cool, and his girlfriend has many cute, single friends. So it looks like everything will be ok.

I need to go get myself a bottom bracket and some pedals so I can put my single speed together.
What size/type BB are you looking for?
What frame are you using?

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning! Not much going on here. Had a SMBA meeting last, so I got a burger a beer out which is always nice. Nothing going on tonight that I know of. I've got a bit of a cold, so no riding until Friday when I head to Jiminy for some DH! :devil:

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
stosh said:
What size/type BB are you looking for?
What frame are you using?
this is so last week dude. I bought a soul cycles frame from MMcG. I need a 68x113 BB looking for a race face isis. Just need to get up and get it. That way I'll still be able to ride when my haro is in the shop.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Crazy Sweeper said:

What kinda pedals do you need? If you need flats I've got some cheapos that you can have for zippo/zilch/zero if you want them Sweep.

Oh yeah and Good Morning Monkeys!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Crazy Sweeper said:
this is so last week dude. I bought a soul cycles frame from MMcG. I need a 68x113 BB looking for a race face isis. Just need to get up and get it. That way I'll still be able to ride when my haro is in the shop.
oh gottcha.
Cool, so you got a wheel set and everything? Fork?

Spitfired

Monkey
Jun 18, 2004
Rochester, NY
First thing this AM I cleaned the shop's parts washer. A years worth of pure dirt, oil, cleaner, degreaser, and some water.
Gross! It was like black diarrhea!
Boss is out of the shop for 2 weeks which mean's I'm in charge, wooo.
His task list was short. I'm already done. (Or maybe I'm just way too productive?)
Happy tuesday!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
after almost 2 years of use, I replaced my rear python tire (tube was sticking out of the sidewall & in a few more miles it would have become a semislick)..........I put on a trailblaster to try out

yesteday was going to be a rest day, but I decided to ride anyways.........about 18 years ago, yes 18! my friends & I use to do this 5 mile TT, our goal was to do it in 15:00 / 20.0 mph avg, which I think I did maybe twice.........I decided to give it a try last night.......14:10 / 21.7 mph avg

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
yes stosh I've got almost everything.

Hey mark, you still have one of the grips don't you? I remember you saying something about it when we made the exchange.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Spitfired said:
First thing this AM I cleaned the shop's parts washer. A years worth of pure dirt, oil, cleaner, degreaser, and some water.
Gross! It was like black diarrhea!
Boss is out of the shop for 2 weeks which mean's I'm in charge, wooo.
His task list was short. I'm already done. (Or maybe I'm just way too productive?)
Happy tuesday!
What shop do you work at?

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Morning :stosh:

Need to go out soon and pick up a new tire for the bike the dual compound michelin I had on it is litterly falling to peices after two rides on it.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Rip said:
Morning :stosh:

Need to go out soon and pick up a new tire for the bike the dual compound michelin I had on it is litterly falling to peices after two rides on it.
Pics...?

Spitfired

Monkey
Jun 18, 2004
Rochester, NY
stosh said:
What shop do you work at?
I work in the machine tool lab at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology)
I do fun things like true lathe spindles and make hundreds of specemines for materials testing labs. From time to time I make bikes, when nobody's looking.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
stosh said:
agreed.... I think Aubrey and I are pretty sure we need to move out of NYS. The taxes around here are out of control.
taxes arent too bad here.. its the amount you spend on a small house that is killing me.... but i have no plans to move for 6-8 yrs .. so i guess I mind as well put money towards something

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Crazy Sweeper said:

do you like it when boys follow you around???

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Spitfired said:
I work in the machine tool lab at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology)
I do fun things like true lathe spindles and make hundreds of specemines for materials testing labs. From time to time I make bikes, when nobody's looking.
wow thats cool man!!!

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
hey crazy .. i have a used set of shimano 646 platform with clip in that I bought and realize I dont need. Another friend said he might want them but i havent heard from him In a while..I will call him and see if he still wants them. let me know if your interested. they are in great working order.. I would just want my money back and they are yours