Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Morning! Looking forward to the ride later with Splat, Stosh and Rob. I'm a little tired today, but should be fun.

Wasn't on the Monkey yesterday because there was a trip to Six Flags (which equaled a free day off for me). Rob and I headed out, following the directions provided by Six Flags' website. They said to take I90 North to a certain exit. We left at 11, drove for awhile and then got stuck in this massive backup. Turns out it was 22 miles worth of kids going to the f*ing Warped tour in Northhampton. There were cars full of pierced puck-ass skate boarders blasting their crappy music as we sat on the road. Several got arrested and some were running on the highway.

After 3.5 hours and 22 miles, we finally get past the exit where the backup was and keep driving, looking for the exit number. The next thing we know, we see a moosecrossing sign followed by "Welcome to VT." It's now 5:00. We rip up the directions, start yelling in the Vermont Welcome Station's parking lot and drive south. We get to Six Flags in Springfield, see that there was a $10 parking charge and decide, screw it, we're just going home. So, we take I90 home. CT's I90, not NY's. Thanks for clearing that one up, Six Flags. The road only runs through about 5 states!!! :mumble:

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
well that suks bluebug.. I hate traffic .. and then to find out you went the wrong way it it.. i would have lost my mind

But one thing... I90 is Interstate 90...... it is the same highway no matter where you go

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Good Morning Stosh! :D

Well it's the end of vacation and back to work for me...lots of things to catch up on.

Things I missed while on vacation: 0
Things I didn't miss while on vacation: alarm clock, rush hour traffic, and piles of paperwork on my desk

Have a good day everyone! :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Morning! Looking forward to the ride later with Splat, Stosh and Rob. I'm a little tired today, but should be fun.

Wasn't on the Monkey yesterday because there was a trip to Six Flags (which equaled a free day off for me). Rob and I headed out, following the directions provided by Six Flags' website. They said to take I90 North to a certain exit. We left at 11, drove for awhile and then got stuck in this massive backup. Turns out it was 22 miles worth of kids going to the f*ing Warped tour in Northhampton. There were cars full of pierced puck-ass skate boarders blasting their crappy music as we sat on the road. Several got arrested and some were running on the highway.

After 3.5 hours and 22 miles, we finally get past the exit where the backup was and keep driving, looking for the exit number. The next thing we know, we see a moosecrossing sign followed by "Welcome to VT." It's now 5:00. We rip up the directions, start yelling in the Vermont Welcome Station's parking lot and drive south. We get to Six Flags in Springfield, see that there was a $10 parking charge and decide, screw it, we're just going home. So, we take I90 home. CT's I90, not NY's. Thanks for clearing that one up, Six Flags. The road only runs through about 5 states!!! :mumble:
I don't go to amusement parts. To much money and to many people.
There is a small one I go to in central PA that cheap and there is usually very few people there.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Shyrmp said:
Good Morning Stosh! :D

Well it's the end of vacation and back to work for me...lots of things to catch up on.

Things I missed while on vacation: 0
Things I didn't miss while on vacation: alarm clock, rush hour traffic, and piles of paperwork on my desk

Have a good day everyone! :)
Yeah I hated coming back to work after vacation. I know there has got to be a better way to live my life than at this desk after driving 45min on the highway.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
I'm beginning to feel the same way. And the $10 parking fee was the final straw.
yeah and you got your tix for free.
I hate paying 7$ for a soda.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
bluebug32 said:

I could have given you directions, it's only an hour from my house. Too bad you didn't have my cell, we all could have gone for a ride...

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
robdamanii said:
At least I don't have any sickening title that you twisted monkeys may have come up with.

There will be a picture forthcoming of the spoon thing...
well maybe if I told everybody what I found out this weekend about you....

I found out that Bluebug didn't just teach rob to mountain bike, she taught him to ride a bike. Training wheels and all. No wonder you didn't ride the stunts at treesaw's house, your training wheels would have hung over the edge.

Either way, glad to see you're pedaling. Hope to ride with you soon. Might have to meet somewhere in the middle one of these weekends.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Crazy Sweeper said:

I found out that Bluebug didn't just teach rob to mountain bike, she taught him to ride a bike. Training wheels and all. No wonder you didn't ride the stunts at treesaw's house, your training wheels would have hung over the edge.

Either way, glad to see you're pedaling. Hope to ride with you soon. Might have to meet somewhere in the middle one of these weekends.
I sometimes think I could still use some training wheels! ;)

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Crazy Sweeper said:

There were no training wheels involved.

If you saw the area I lived in NJ, you'd be terrified to ride there.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Crazy Sweeper said:
I could have given you directions, it's only an hour from my house. Too bad you didn't have my cell, we all could have gone for a ride...
we definitely looked at the map and considered buzzing by for a ride. Still had the bikes on the back of the car from the deck party

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
bluebug32 said:
we definitely looked at the map and considered buzzing by for a ride. Still had the bikes on the back of the car from the deck party
I guess that's why Rob asked for my number Sat night, I thought he had other intentions...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Sweet! I just spoke to Splat and everything is all set. I'll call you as we're leaving
Yeppie!!!!

I'll make sure we go at an easyier pace today ok. I'm sorry you guys fell so much last time.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
Dear god no...

About 2 hours or so.
just got a message from Splat saying he's all ready to meet

I shall now and forever call you spoon man.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
just got a message from Splat saying he's all ready to meet

I shall now and forever call you spoon man.
I second that! Hopefully no utensils will be used pre-ride. Funny, all this time, I just thought all the dirty spoons in the sink were from eating Ben and Jerrys
;)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
I second that! Hopefully no utensils will be used pre-ride. Funny, all this time, I just thought all the dirty spoons in the sink were from eating Ben and Jerrys
;)
Ben and Jerry's Phish Food.