Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Nothing much to report today. I got my replacement seat post last night. Everything seems to be working great now!!

Another boring F'ing day at work!! :)

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
How's it goin stosh

Got a good shipment of parts in yesterday so now I have everything but some brake bolts, rear shifter, chainring and chain for my new M3. :D

Oh and yesterday I discovered after 20minutes on the floor pump that Stan's sucks balls without a compressor. :p

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
COmtbiker12 said:
How's it goin stosh

Got a good shipment of parts in yesterday so now I have everything but some brake bolts, rear shifter, chainring and chain for my new M3. :D

Oh and yesterday I discovered after 20minutes on the floor pump that Stan's sucks balls without a compressor. :p
Ha, sometimes it's hard to get tubeless tires seated, I couldn't imagine getting standard tires seated with a floor pump.

Pics of the bike?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello!

We won the first game of our hockey championship last night, but I tweaked my groin. Goddammit, the slightest aggrevation and you feel it! It's not bad, but just enough to bother me. Game two is tomorrow and I plan on playing.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
mornin

yesterday was pretty un-eventful.... I went to the house I am buying, with my engineer .. the place turned out A - ok
a few small modifications, ie: outlets and it should be fine. I am happy the roof and boiler syatem are in great shape. so today its off to the lawyer to set up a contract to buy.... exciting stuff and nerve racking as well.
went for a nice evening ride again (3rd night in a row) through the streets of brooklyn... helped me clear my mind

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Stosh is back with the GMT....everything is normal now.

I was in a foul mood yesterday. Don't know why........just kind of in a funk or something. Guess it's from the lack of riding for a few weeks since I'm in the process of building a new bike up. Who knows......either way, I feel much better today. Did some dirt jump building yesterday and got into a whole bunch of chiggers and deer ticks. They were everywhere!! Must have been in the dirt I was using or something. Had to scrub my arms and legs with a pumice stone to get them off. Holy crap was that ever irritating. Chilled out after that with a few glasses of wine and watched some Monday Night Football until beddy-bye time. That is all.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
mornin

yesterday was pretty un-eventful.... I went to the house I am buying, with my engineer .. the place turned out A - ok
a few small modifications, ie: outlets and it should be fine. I am happy the roof and boiler syatem are in great shape. so today its off to the lawyer to set up a contract to buy.... exciting stuff and nerve racking as well.
went for a nice evening ride again (3rd night in a row) through the streets of brooklyn... helped me clear my mind
Riding always clears my head.

Hey got any pics of the house you're buying?

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Slow night last night. The wife is out of town on business so my daughter and I went over to my parents for dinner. Filet Mignon, twice baked potatos, corn... :drool: It was awesome. After that we headed home and just relaxed. Tonight....more of the same except at the in-law's. Gotta take a free meal if it's offered right? :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Stosh is back with the GMT....everything is normal now.

I was in a foul mood yesterday. Don't know why........just kind of in a funk or something. Guess it's from the lack of riding for a few weeks since I'm in the process of building a new bike up. Who knows......either way, I feel much better today. Did some dirt jump building yesterday and got into a whole bunch of chiggers and deer ticks. They were everywhere!! Must have been in the dirt I was using or something. Had to scrub my arms and legs with a pumice stone to get them off. Holy crap was that ever irritating. Chilled out after that with a few glasses of wine and watched some Monday Night Football until beddy-bye time. That is all.

You were in a foul mood because I hadn't done the GMT. :)
I take it you guys don't have Lyme's Disease down there?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
McGRP01 said:
Slow night last night. The wife is out of town on business so my daughter and I went over to my parents for dinner. Filet Mignon, twice baked potatos, corn... :drool: It was awesome. After that we headed home and just relaxed. Tonight....more of the same except at the in-law's. Gotta take a free meal if it's offered right? :D
Twice baked potato's rock!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
did a solo xc ride, & crashed....almost had a hole put in my chest by a tree branch...definitely a scary holy crap moment
yikes man! Glad you're ok!!

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Yargh.

Morning. Weather here is dreary and suck.

Went for a very short ride last night, cut short both by the weather and by aching knees. No matter, I screwed up yesterday by not bringing the duffel with the clothes in it to Beth's office at 5, so we got started very late as it was. At least it was a ride.

Stosh, looks like thursday will be good weather.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
Yargh.

Morning. Weather here is dreary and suck.

Went for a very short ride last night, cut short both by the weather and by aching knees. No matter, I screwed up yesterday by not bringing the duffel with the clothes in it to Beth's office at 5, so we got started very late as it was. At least it was a ride.

Stosh, looks like thursday will be good weather.
Ok cool!!!
I wanted to ride today however I decided not to. I'll be looking forward to Thursday.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
stosh said:
You were in a foul mood because I hadn't done the GMT. :)
I take it you guys don't have Lyme's Disease down there?

Yes, yes......no GMT, no good mood. ;) :thumb:

Yeah....we got Lyme's down here too. And I don't want it. You should have seen all these little fu*kers on my ankles. They were everywhere. And I was wearing long pants, too. Awful. I hate those things. They're worse this year than ever I can remember. I took like three showers after I got home and still managed to find one or two more after that. I hope I don't get sick. :o:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Yes, yes......no GMT, no good mood. ;) :thumb:

Yeah....we got Lyme's down here too. And I don't want it. You should have seen all these little fu*kers on my ankles. They were everywhere. And I was wearing long pants, too. Awful. I hate those things. They're worse this year than ever I can remember. I took like three showers after I got home and still managed to find one or two more after that. I hope I don't get sick. :o:
Thats friggan gross!!!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Morning peeps - It's actually cold this am - I might not be able to wear my usual shorts and short sleeves for my ride to work! I'm planning a nice long mtb ride this evening - can't wait. Dirt....ahhhhhh

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Mornin..... I decided to try to find a medium or small XC hard tail frame so I can at least have a bike that fits.

I have an XL XC frame that, well, quite frankly is way to big. It was ok at first since I didn’t do any REAL riding, but, for going on some cool rides, it would be nice to have a bike that I can maneuver better.

Other than that, school work…..

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
G'morning. Work sucks...but I'm sure you all knew that. I was at the beach all last week, and I can't seem to get my head back into work mode. :dead:

I got tentative approval from the spousal unit to get an SS-specific frame, so I got that going for me... :)

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
BikeGeek said:
G'morning. Work sucks...but I'm sure you all knew that. I was at the beach all last week, and I can't seem to get my head back into work mode. :dead:

I got tentative approval from the spousal unit to get an SS-specific frame, so I got that going for me... :)
Heed these words of wisdom my young Jedi -

ANY approval from a spousal unit not only is desirable, but must be reacted upon quickly, as a spousal unit can, and frequently does, rescind said approval, thereby rendering the unsuspecting male counterpart completely defenseless….and standing there going, “What the hell just happened?”

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Good morning, I have something big to do at work today, but I forget what it is, and it scares me. I found out I get to take a couple tours of the Seahawks stadium for work though, which should be pretty cool.