Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
21,989
154
NY
How is everybody today?

I had a great weekend with my family and I had a great ride on Saturday in Tamaqua PA.

Got some f'ing work to do today so I'll be around but I have to F'ing run!!!
 

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
9,000
457
Nilbog
Morning everyone, had an killer weekend! Lots of riding/hanging out...
Saturday i did an epic with a bunch of guys then went to see transporter 2 (which was really good)...then sunday chilled with my gf and went to a concert. Thought i would share a couple of pics from the weekend.

My gf drinking an "izze" at starbucks, ironic because everyone calls her that:



And me doing a little car shopping:

 

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
21,989
154
NY
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Morning everyone, had an killer weekend! Lots of riding/hanging out...
Saturday i did an epic with a bunch of guys then went to see transporter 2 (which was really good)...then sunday chilled with my gf and went to a concert. Thought i would share a couple of pics from the weekend.

My gf drinking an "izze" at starbucks, ironic because everyone calls her that:



And me doing a little car shopping:

Why did you take a pic of Jonny Knoxville pointing at a Lotus?
 

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
2,577
0
Colorado Springs
Sounds like you had a good weekend stosh.


I had an eventful weekend. Saturday I went up to Keystone to try and race dual slalom, I ended up casing a stepup on my first practice run, going head first into the ground, and had my body scorpion over my head. A friend said he saw my fullface hit the middle of my back. So that both hurt a lot and sort of ruined my bike, so didn't end up racing DS.

Sunday, this completely psycho girl that I used to know calls me up and wants to hook up more or less, I'm a bit confused at why, but figure why not. She drives me around and is the worst driver I've ever ridden with. Goes constantly 30-40 over the speedlimit, doesn't stop at stopsigns or anything, I thought I was going to die.

Monday, I went up to Keystone to race DH on my brand new M3. Well, after a practice run on the DH course, and a ride on a different trail with my friend (Bldr_Freerider) I have a small crash and notice, what now, that the nut on my rear axle is GONE. So, I go to all the team trailers and the bike shops around NOBODY HAS ONE. I'm thinking, well ****, looks like I just won't be racing. :( So I didn't. :(

It was a fun weekend, just not good. :p
 

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
21,989
154
NY
manhattanprjkt83 said:
nice :thumb: but is that photoshopped?
no it's not but everybody thinks I don't ride on here so I like to perpetuate the rumors...
 

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
21,989
154
NY
COmtbiker12 said:
Sounds like you had a good weekend stosh.


I had an eventful weekend. Saturday I went up to Keystone to try and race dual slalom, I ended up casing a stepup on my first practice run, going head first into the ground, and had my body scorpion over my head. A friend said he saw my fullface hit the middle of my back. So that both hurt a lot and sort of ruined my bike, so didn't end up racing DS.

Sunday, this completely psycho girl that I used to know calls me up and wants to hook up more or less, I'm a bit confused at why, but figure why not. She drives me around and is the worst driver I've ever ridden with. Goes constantly 30-40 over the speedlimit, doesn't stop at stopsigns or anything, I thought I was going to die.

Monday, I went up to Keystone to race DH on my brand new M3. Well, after a practice run on the DH course, and a ride on a different trail with my friend (Bldr_Freerider) I have a small crash and notice, what now, that the nut on my rear axle is GONE. So, I go to all the team trailers and the bike shops around NOBODY HAS ONE. I'm thinking, well ****, looks like I just won't be racing. :( So I didn't. :(

It was a fun weekend, just not good. :p
Do did you get any?

WTF @ no pics
 

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
21,989
154
NY
manhattanprjkt83 said:
can i get my cutom title changed to "johnny knoxville glasses wearing poser"?
Judging from your GF you aint no lover of junk....
 

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
21,989
154
NY
manhattanprjkt83 said:
hahahhaha, i think i broke my arm trying to take the oil filter off of my car on this weekend as well :mumble:...
what kind of car?
 

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
9,889
0
Shut up and Ride
weather was so great for riding this w/e!!

Sunday I did a 3 plus hour mtn ride w/a mudhunny (lenox, ma)
Yesterday I did 3 plus hour group road ride

good stuff :thumb:
 

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
9,000
457
Nilbog
I just got a vr6 jetta, and i had not changed the oil yet...so i was trying to turn the cap off (which appeared to be twist off) but it wouldnt budge, so i went online to the vw forums, and found that you need a 36mm socket to get it off...problem solved. but now the wrist is killing me.
 

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
21,989
154
NY
douglas said:
weather was so great for riding this w/e!!

Sunday I did a 3 plus hour mtn ride w/a mudhunny (lenox, ma)
Yesterday I did 3 plus hour group road ride

good stuff :thumb:
I'm riding tonight... I can't wait... I wish I had the $ for a set of lights... :(
 

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
5,247
0
Brooklyn
good mornin stosh....., everyone

I had a great weekend. Saturday i went out to Long Island to meet up with some friends. They had twins about 9 months ago so needless to say the day was pretty full just entertaining them. Sunday mornin woke up early and dragged my wife to do some riding on the Staten Island trails. I havent been there in awile and I forgot that even though there isnt much to them they are still a lot of fun pics tpo follow once i get home. After that we went to my uncles house for a bbq , and more babies to deal with !!
sunday night was party time. A good friend/ riding buddy birthday party... good food, great music, and company equals one heck of a time. Monday I was cruising through prospect park and saw a guy on a dh bike wearing some armor.. after talking to him for a bit he lead me to some pretty sick jumps/trails in the park.. apperently there are a bunch on them that ride in there... who knew??
he told me about there website Brooklyn bike riders
looking at it its pretty cool , if ya get a chance check it out
 

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
9,000
457
Nilbog
stosh said:
I'm riding tonight... I can't wait... I wish I had the $ for a set of lights... :(

I think i am going to ride tonight, i just did the initial charge on my NiteRider "rage" series HID light, i havent got to use it yet and planning to go on a big ride tomorrown night...So i think i will go on a "test" ride tonight...
 

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
7,797
0
Portland, OR
Morning all. Pretty good weekend. Went for a good 2 hour ride on Friday. No pics....sorry. End of the ride I noticed that both my wheels were trashed. Waaay out of true/dish. So I dropped the bike off at the LBS to get those straightened out. Saturday was my niece's 2nd b-day party so the whole family went to that and had a good time. Weather was perfect and the kids well behaved. Sunday I had a little Labor Day Weekend bash at my place. My brother was in town from Tahoe introducing his new girlfriend to our family. Things were going along great until my mom got loaded and started a big fight with my dad. It wasn't pretty... :rolleyes:
 

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
21,989
154
NY
hooples3 said:
Stosh.. was tamaqua as good as I remebered????
yeah it was awesome!
Aubrey kicked my butt, I wasn't having an "ON" day but it was great to ride there. Especially because we got to finish the trail out and there was a ton more.
 

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
5,247
0
Brooklyn
stosh said:
yeah it was awesome!
Aubrey kicked my butt, I wasn't having an "ON" day but it was great to ride there. Especially because we got to finish the trail out and there was a ton more.
sure..... rub it in!!!!
 

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
9,000
457
Nilbog
stosh said:
where ya going?

Well, i dont want to send any bad mojo my way so i am not talking about it until i know the outcome...but i am on my third interview this time with the sr vice president of the department i would be working for. Keep your fingers crossed for me, as it is my IDEAL job.
 

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
5,060
356
Alamance County, NC
Hi there!

Good weekend.....picked up an old friend of mine at the airport on Friday night. Haven't seen him in like, 10 years. He's a pro skateboarder for Carhartt over in Europe. It was awesome hearing about all that's happened to him over the last decade. He's just passing through for a few days to attend a wedding of another mutual friend, then he's off to France where he lives most of the year. Even though we're both ten years older, it wasn't ten minutes before we were ten years younger and cutting up like a couple of adolescent idiots. Fun times.

Saturday and Sunday and Monday was all about chilling out and enjoying the long weekend. Did a lot of stuff around the house and ate a lot of food. Took lots of naps. I love long weekends. Tuesday is soooo much better than Monday, yo.
 

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
644
0
In a box
morning all! Haven't been on in a week, but nobody noticed I was gone anyway. Uneventful weekend, but I was real busy last week. Working full time and taking 3 college classes. Hey stosh PM me some info about this weekend if it's still on.

Rob, my tube is 8 inches on my fork. Thought I'd finally pass that information to you. Interested?
 

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
9,000
457
Nilbog
Greyhound said:
Hi there!


Sunday and Monday was all about chilling out and enjoying the long weekend. Did a lot of stuff around the house and ate a lot of food. Took lots of naps. I love long weekends. Tuesday is soooo much better than Monday, yo.

I hear that did the same thing monday :thumb: i feel like a total bahemouth piece of sh1t this morn though.
 

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
6,143
0
Floating down the Hudson
Stosh, sounds like you had a great weekend. Are you planning to ride later this week? Once this issue gets done, I can get out of work earlier to meet you.

Good morning. I had a busy weekend driving up to Seneca Falls with Rob to get him settled in his new house for grad school. It's a nice place with a deck overlooking Cayuga Lake. He's even got a pool table (I smell a future monkeyfest).

Unfortunately, there aren't many woods or even hills since it's in the finger lakes region, so it's more of haven for roadies. We took our MBs out for a spin and it's absolutely gorgeous and I really want to save up for a cross bike so I can fully enjoy it. It was a sad goodbye and should be an interesting 3 years doing the long distance thing, especially in the winter.
 

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
8,933
0
Montgomery county MD
I also saw the Transporter 2 this weekend, pretty good flick :thumb:

I also shot a wedding, went back to see my family for brunch, went to my girlfriends parents house, and went to a comedy show.

Now its back to class :(
 

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
21,989
154
NY
bluebug32 said:
Stosh, sounds like you had a great weekend. Are you planning to ride later this week? Once this issue gets done, I can get out of work earlier to meet you.

Good morning. I had a busy weekend driving up to Seneca Falls with Rob to get him settled in his new house for grad school. It's a nice place with a deck overlooking Cayuga Lake. He's even got a pool table (I smell a future monkeyfest).

Unfortunately, there aren't many woods or even hills since it's in the finger lakes region, so it's more of haven for roadies. We took our MBs out for a spin and it's absolutely gorgeous and I really want to save up for a cross bike so I can fully enjoy it. It was a sad goodbye and should be an interesting 3 years doing the long distance thing, especially in the winter.
Well you can always come and hang out with us!!!

I'm riding today and hopefully Thursday.
Rob's coming down this weekend right?