Quantcast

~~~Good Tuesday Morning~~~

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Morning :monkey:s

Nothing to report. Found a road bike last night, so I'll most likely be picking that up. I watched my Eagles get trounced (but did win the Fantasy league) and drank beer after doing some reading for class.

Ugh...8 AM classes are a killer.

Cheers.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Had to reformat last night, lost all my school files and music. Well, didn't quite lost them, I am just unable to get them off of my mp3 player, so I am messing around with that. Lost our match pretty horribly last night, but one of our starters had to sit out for a half, a half that we lost 13-2.

Other than that I am busy with classes and work.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
morning - got some skates and a helmet for Liam last night - so he's ready for another hockey season now.

Ate dinner, surfed the web a bit and then did some work on Liam's Hardtail project. The Kona now has a rear derailleur installed, the rear wheel is sporting an 8 speed cassette, the rear brakes are installed, and I installed the bottom bracket and cranks as well. It is starting to look like a bike! :cool:

I need to take it over to my friend Matt's house to have a headset installed - but first I need to buy one or find one used here on the Monkey. Anyone got a headset they don't need anymore? :)

Cheers!

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Morning everyone, i have a huge interview today, Yes this is the same job i have been annoying the board with for about 2 months... this is my third one with this company and today i meet with the Senior Vice President, Executive Vice President, and CIO. I am so nervous.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Morning everyone, i have a huge interview today, Yes this is the same job i have been annoying the board with for about 2 months... this is my third one with this company and today i meet with the Senior Vice President, Executive Vice President, and CIO. I am so nervous.

do 3 shots of Jager, no more nervousness!

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
mornin all!!!!!

not much happening yesterday ..
did a ton of food shopping and wound up cooking up a storm last night. MMM Chicken Parm yummie. I realize that i never have that to eat anymore. Coming from an italian home you never-ever order that in a restaurant.. its just not the same, and I guess MOM hasn't made it in a while.. so i made it and boy was it good.

todays plan is to work on my hardtail... some how I lost the shifting on my f. derail. plus the drivetrain is wreck from the century. PS I still cant sit comfortably on my seat. hopefully tonight i will get a ride in

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning! Another day with the kiddies at school...fun, fun, fun ;) Bike club meeting tonight should be interesting and I am planning a nice ride after work. Other than that, I am working on listing my bikes for sale :(
So I can get some new ones for next season that fit my riding style a little better :D
That is all...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Hey jacka$$, there is another NEWBIE thing you're doing, quit posting the GMT.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
stosh said:

I was kinda thinking the same thing, stoshy. Rob's really taken this bike-thing and run with it, hasn't he? ;)

See? ....You get somebody into mountainbiking---next thing you know, they're joining Ridemonkey, posting pictures, getting in on inside jokes, arranging rides every weekend and stealing your damn GMT thread!!!!

You've created a monster. :D

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
stosh said:
i was gonna say wtf??? takin over your thread like that

so did you book your honeymoon yet??? what did Aubrey have to say??

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
stosh said:
So get your ass up earlier and stop being a slacker. I support the robdamanii hostile takover of the GMT. Viva les revolutions, and stuff.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
i was gonna say wtf??? takin over your thread like that

so did you book your honeymoon yet??? what did Aubrey have to say??
She thought it was a great idea. I'm waiting for a response from my consultant, AKA my uncle the corporate travel agent.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning! Not much going on here. Going to take my daughter to the pet store to get some new goldfish this morning and then dropping her off at school at noon. I then get a few hours to run around and do some errands before picking her up later in the afternoon. I have a bike club meeting this evening (w/ Treesaw, Sq-Earl, etc.) that should be pretty interesting. Club officer elections are tonight. Got some good news yesterday... After some calculating yesterday, my win at Plattekill on Sunday moves me into second place for the NYS Champ title. I'm only 44 points out of first and then guy that is ahead of me I've beaten each time I've raced him, he's only in first because he's made all the races and I've missed a couple. He better look out in Oct., he's got a target on his back now! :devil: Oh..and another bit of news...found out yesterday that Kell and I will be having a BOY in Jan.!!! :D Have a good day all!! :thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
So get your ass up earlier and stop being a slacker. I support the robdamanii hostile takover of the GMT. Viva les revolutions, and stuff.

Let them eat cake!!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
McGRP01 said:
Morning! Not much going on here. Going to take my daughter to the pet store to get some new goldfish this morning and then dropping her off at school at noon. I then get a few hours to run around and do some errands before picking her up later in the afternoon. I have a bike club meeting this evening (w/ Treesaw, Sq-Earl, etc.) that should be pretty interesting. Club officer elections are tonight. Got some good news yesterday... After some calculating yesterday, my win at Plattekill on Sunday moves me into second place for the NYS Champ title. I'm only 44 points out of first and then guy that is ahead of me I've beaten each time I've raced him, he's only in first because he's made all the races and I've missed a couple. He better look out in Oct., he's got a target on his back now! :devil: Oh..and another bit of news...found out yesterday that Kell and I will be having a BOY in Jan.!!! :D Have a good day all!! :thumb:
You don't have a son yet correct?

Congradulations!!!

Hey you gonna be at Mtn Creek this weekend?

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
well i went to sleep at 11 and woke up at 5 and decided i wanted to put my new xt cranks on my dh rig. so i took all the chainrings off and im gonna put the cranks on on thursday. im in the process of making my bb7 quieter and some duct tape helped with that. also gonna put a new wheel on that doesnt have a broken freehub

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
stosh said:
You don't have a son yet correct?

Congradulations!!!

Hey you gonna be at Mtn Creek this weekend?
Thanks Stosh! No, I have a 4 y.o. daughter right now, so the boy thing will be all new. As for Diablo, unfortunately...I'll be working. I'm planning on beign there for the Oct. race though.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
McGRP01 said:
congrats on the kid man and good luck with the racing

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Echo said:
Mark I have a cheapo headset that I took off my roadbike. You can have it if you pay the shipping.
Echo - will it work fine on a kids' mountain bike? Liam is only 9.

if so, yeah I'd love to have it for his bike.

I'll PM you with my address - sound good?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
McGRP01 said:
Thanks Stosh! No, I have a 4 y.o. daughter right now, so the boy thing will be all new. As for Diablo, unfortunately...I'll be working. I'm planning on beign there for the Oct. race though.
When in oct?
I'm gone the first 2 weekends in Oct.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
McGRP01 said:
I'm only 44 points out of first and then guy that is ahead of me I've beaten each time I've raced him, he's only in first because he's made all the races and I've missed a couple. He better look out in Oct., he's got a target on his back now! :devil: Oh..and another bit of news...found out yesterday that Kell and I will be having a BOY in Jan.!!! :D Have a good day all!! :thumb:

awesome on both counts!!!

Platty (in the past) always would drop one of your races (lowest points or a missed), you calculating that??

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
On a supposed vacation this week. Just trying to get stuff done around home. Will be going to a wedding up in Manchester Vermont this weekend, thinking about heading up a day early and doing some riding Saturday morning. Any NE monkeys interested in a ride?

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Goodmorning! I finally sat down and ordered myself a road bike last night. I was sick of all the bidsniping on Ebay and remembered that Doug had bought an Iron Horse online, so I did the same. It's an entry level, but I got it brand new for a great price and found some cheap clipless pedals on Ebay too for it. I would like to upgrade the sora shifters to 105s at least (the front definitely), but need to find some first. Now I can ride upstate with rob (who's also looking at a road bike) and join a local club. The only glitch, besides wanting to upgrade the shifters, is that I have to partially assemble the bike when it comes. Should be interesting...

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Westy said:
On a supposed vacation this week. Just trying to get stuff done around home. Will be going to a wedding up in Manchester Vermont this weekend, thinking about heading up a day early and doing some riding Saturday morning. Any NE monkeys interested in a ride?
Westy - PM Douglas and Tigg and Treesaw - all of them are not too far away from Manchester, VT!!!

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
bluebug32 said:
Goodmorning! I finally sat down and ordered myself a road bike last night. I was sick of all the bidsniping on Ebay and remembered that Doug had bought an Iron Horse online, so I did the same. It's an entry level, but I got it brand new for a great price and found some cheap clipless pedals on Ebay too for it. I would like to upgrade the sora shifters to 105s at least (the front definitely), but need to find some first. Now I can ride upstate with rob (who's also looking at a road bike) and join a local club. The only glitch, besides wanting to upgrade the shifters, is that I have to partially assemble the bike when it comes. Should be interesting...

Good morning all,

Assembling the bike is not hard. Of course I'm a former Nuclear Engineer.......

You'll do just fine. See if you borrow a Zinn (Zinn and the art of mountian biking et. al) book, it will help if you don't have much experience. Park tools also has some documentation online but it's more directed at repair help.

I'm still cleaning my bike from the TOWM race.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Westy said:

is your plan to ride in manchester? or where?

Theres a small MTB fest on Saturday thats not too far from what I assume will be your route (in Grafton, NY)...my current plan For Sat. was to check it out

http://webmhcc.org/v-web/portal/cms/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=166

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
You gonna be heading up the NYS Thruway?

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
G'morning all.

So, if your wife has locked down the credit cards and other finances in preparation for the upcoming child, how do you go about coming up with some money for a frame to build up over the winter? Difficulty: no selling other bikes from the stable and no prostitution. :confused:

For the record, I have my eye on this beauty, SS of course. :)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
bluebug32 said:
cool, but why dont you ride it before you decide you need to replace/upgrade parts ??

I didnt upgrade anything on my bottom of the line IH roadie, and put plenty of miles on it including a TT race, a century and many fast group rides with no problems..........well, EXCEPT I trashed (and replaced) my rear wheel

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
douglas said:
cool, but why dont you ride it before you decide you need to replace/upgrade parts ??

I didnt upgrade anything on my bottom of the line IH roadie, and put plenty of miles on it including a TT race, a century and many fast group rides with no problems..........well, EXCEPT I trashed (and replaced) my rear wheel
I'm going to leave the bike as is. I know that I don't like the sora shifters because you can only shift from the top and not the bottom of the drop bars. Also, I have short fingers and it's possible to install a shim for the 105s and above to move them in closer, but not for the Soras.

Thanks again for the recommendation. It looks like a great bike. What model do you have?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
I'm going to leave the bike as is. I know that I don't like the sora shifters because you can only shift from the top and not the bottom of the drop bars. Also, I have short fingers and it's possible to install a shim for the 105s and above to move them in closer, but not for the Soras.

Thanks again for the recommendation. It looks like a great bike. What model do you have?
BTW welcome to the Ironhorse clan!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
douglas said:
is your plan to ride in manchester? or where?

Theres a small MTB fest on Saturday thats not too far from what I assume will be your route (in Grafton, NY)...my current plan For Sat. was to check it out

http://webmhcc.org/v-web/portal/cms/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=166
Not sure where I was going to ride, was actually thinking of the Kingdom trails but I havn't figured out where they are yet.

stosh said:
You gonna be heading up the NYS Thruway?
I think that is my most direct route but I may go straight up I81 and cut over to Albany from Binghamton for traffic reasons.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
bluebug32 said:

gotcha (ugh, you already know more about road bikes than me!)

'03 triumph