Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I didn't do a damn thing last night besides watch the re-make of The Longest yard. It was pretty funny but I still think the original one was better. :)

Another boring F'ing day at work!
Hope ya all have a great day!

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
I am doing well, though I have a sad story pertaining to my roomate.

The past few days he has been in the process of rebuilding his bike, which included taking everything out, lubricating it, cleaning it, and putting it back on the bike. Last night he went to Home Depot and purchased a bucket, and a couple of bottles of degreaser. He put a bottle of the degreaser in the bucket, filled it with water, and threw his parts in. 30 minutes later he pours the water out of the bucket, only to find that it is black. He pulls out his MRP guide to find that the silver has turned a funky shade of grey. He proceeds to pull out the rest of his parts, previously black, now that funky shade of grey. Re-reading the caution warnings on the back of the bottle, you will see that it is not intended for use on aluminum of any sort, anodized included. As it stands he now has a messed up:

crankset
seatpost
stem
chainguide
pedals
seatpost collar
chainring

Its going to be an expensive process to replace those, and he is done riding for the year. That sucks because he is really my only riding partner. Oh well, solo it is.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Didn't do much of anything. In a bit of a funk this week, complete lack of motivation. Today is supposed to be nice though, hope to drag my ass onto the road bike after work.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
G'mornin' all!

Stosh, we're in the same boat --another f'in boring day. Work has slowed to a craw this week, so every hour seems like two of them. Did some trailwork yesterday evening---flat-topped a cedar log for a skinny section that I'm working on. Slung a little dirt and shored-up a few other skinnies. A pretty productive trail session. Gonna hit it again today since the weather is starting to cool down and evenings in the woods aren't so miserable anymore. Watched a really bland Monday Night Football game and fell asleep on the couch for about two hours--which lately is a good night of sleep for me. I think I'm turning into a vampire :devil:

Well, y'all have a good day whatever it consists of.......

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I also found out my cousin invited my X-girlfriend to her wedding. I'm not really sure how to break the news to Aubrey. I didn't find out till my mom told me last night.
Aubrey hates the fact that my X hangs out with my family. I'm not particularly fond of it either.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
stosh said:
I also found out my cousin invited my X-girlfriend to her wedding. I'm not really sure how to break the news to Aubrey. I didn't find out till my mom told me last night.
Aubrey hates the fact that my X hangs out with my family. I'm not particularly fond of it either.
Thats rather awkward. Why did your cousin do that? I mean, she is your ex-girlfriend, I think that might set off a few warning alarms that unless you two still have a good relationship, your wedding is not the proper place for her.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Polandspring88 said:
Thats rather awkward. Why did your cousin do that? I mean, she is your ex-girlfriend, I think that might set off a few warning alarms that unless you two still have a good relationship, your wedding is not the proper place for her.
thats what you would think.
I blame it on my mother who has kept in touch with her since we broke up 3+yrs ago.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
stosh said:
I blame it on my mother who has kept in touch with her since we broke up 3+yrs ago.

your freakin engaged, who cares if shes there..........plus wouldn't she bring a date?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - had dinner with Laura and her daughters last night, then came home, surfed the web a bit, then did a bunch of wrenching. Changed wheelsets on the Surly, tore down the Ted (it is in need of some overhaul work) and proceeded to build up the Kona for Liam.

It needs some additional work and some tweeking - I want to run a different fork up front (ideally an 80mm air fork like an Old Zoke or something - anyone have one for real cheap like?) and maybe a different stem, we'll see.

The headset came out of the Ted (as I need to use something with deeper cups), but I think I still may use the one that Echo is planning on sending me as the cups on this Ringle stem do not go very deep into the head tube. I was able to press them in easily with a block of wood and a hammer.

Well here's the bike as it stands right now.

I've got some Specialized Enduro 2.2 tires that I plan on using with this bike.

Whattya think of it so far?

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
SOB. :mumble: I left a sky light open last evening while the rain storm passed by. It was over the side of the bed I sleep on. :mumble: Sleeping was a bit like swimming last night.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
stosh said:

Mothers do that......it's what they're good at. In her mind, she's keeping your ex "in reserve"-----kind of like a "In Case of Emergency-Break Glass" lever for you, her beloved son. In reality, there's really no cause for her to keep in contact unless they were trapped in like, a snowstorm for a couple of days and shared a near-death experience or something that caused them to bond like chicks do. Don't sweat it--you're all adults, and most likely your mom will drop that connection after you guys are married--assuming you make it through the ceremony without either your mom, or your ex making that "objection" when the reverend asks. :think:

Just kidding... that won't happen. Just make sure you let Aubrey know she's coming ahead of time. Weddings are emotional times, and if your ex shows and Aubrey doesn't know, then you're gonna catch the hell over it........ask me how I know. :nope:

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
hey all. I was stuck doing security all last week, so I was never near a computer. I did, however, get to carry a gun, and OC spray. Wish I could have used to OC spray.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
good morning. not much going on here. Stosh, you'll be cool, just give Aubrey a head's up and let her know you're pissed about it right away. If all goes well it'll turn into a mutual bitch session rather than a bitching-at-you session.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Crazy Sweeper said:
hey all. I was stuck doing security all last week, so I was never near a computer. I did, however, get to carry a gun, and OC spray. Wish I could have used to OC spray.
Hey, were you at the Winding Trails race in Farmington Sunday? We heard someone in the woods ringing a cowbell and I said to my wife, "Must be Crazy Sweeper." :p

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
N8 said:
Last night's ride sucked... and sucked bad. :(

Our trails have been smashed up bad from hurricane Rita.

:(:(
Should make you think next time you go to the pump, it's all related....

Anyways a favorite trail system of mine was fairly fubared from 75 mph winds we get from uncommon wind storms we get in the fall every other year or so. Just an excuse to roll the sleeves up and do some trail work.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
good morning. not much going on here. Stosh, you'll be cool, just give Aubrey a head's up and let her know you're pissed about it right away. If all goes well it'll turn into a mutual bitch session rather than a bitching-at-you session.
I figure I'll get her a little drunk this weekend and let her know.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
stosh said:

Be careful there, sparky.....drinking can sometimes magnify emotions. I would try that tactic on a ride sometime in the near future when she's climbing a hill, or doing a techy descent......that way, she can work those frustrations out on the trail--not on you. By the time the ride is over, she'll either have worked it out in her head and be cool with it, or the wedding will be off. :help:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Rode to/from work yesterday and after dinner took the boys out on the bike path for a post-dinner ride. Ended up being a night ride on the way back. :thumb:

Big boy (4) is having fun making skidmarks & popping wheelies. Liddle boy (3) is getting really good at pedaling now and has just started to learn the art of the skid. :D

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:

I would go for the "I just found this out and I'm wicked pissed" move. Act like you just spoke with you mom and found this out and you're sharing it with her. Girls like when you choose to share an emotion with us because this doesn't happen a lot. Then you can both deal with being angry then dealing with the problem together. If you bring it up sometime as an "oh, by the way" then she's going to feel like you've been hiding something. And this gets us very pissed!

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Well good morning all. Hopefully I'll get a ride in today its pretty darn nice out. Anywho off to a test, then I get to go to lab and study for another test tommorow, awesome!

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
morning all....

Stosh.. just be honest with her, tell her how you feel and that she shouldnt be upset or make a big deal out of this.

Not too much going on yesterday, i made it an afternoon of trying to get all those chores, that you put off during the week, done. I guess i did ok.
I was able to upload some of the pictures from my weekend camping trip so here:

as you can see the night/early morning in that last pic was really spooky.. I used that setting to scare the heck out of people

enjoy the day!!

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
hooples3 said:
Stosh.. just be honest with her, tell her how you feel and that she shouldnt be upset or make a big deal out of this.
Honest or not everything is a big deal with girls and inevitably Stosh will get blamed for the uncontrollable. Thats how it is, how it always will be.