Quantcast

~~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
SilentJ said:
I wish...I have the biggest helmet I can find in its biggest size - skull caps = no fitty. I might have to pick up a snowboard helmet.

Do you go full studded or just 'snow' tires with the studs more on the sides?
Well, this will by my first winter here riding, so I have no experience. I'm thinking full studded because I have some big road downhills on my way to work and I want to be able to use my mountain bike for commuting and also trail riding. What do you use?

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Heidi said:
Well, this will by my first winter here riding, so I have no experience. I'm thinking full studded because I have some big road downhills on my way to work and I want to be able to use my mountain bike for commuting and also trail riding. What do you use?
Same boat as you.

I'd like to go full studded as I have some decent hills and we get quite a bit of melting/freezing over the winter months....the seem to be a bit spendy, though.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
G'f'ng mornin' Still f'ng sick. The weather is f'ng beautiful and I'm dying to ride. :( I think last week's back-to-back commutes (~80 miles) was too much too soon and my worn out system picked up whatever the perpetually sick woman 2 cubes down is spewing into the air this time. Why don't people just f'ng stay home?

The good news is that I've got spousal-unit approval to pick up a frame to build up over the winter. I've got my eye on the new On-One 29'er, but I need to ride some big wheels first to see if I like it.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Snacks said:
Heidi, how do you go about making the move happen? Did you find a job in Bend before you moved there?
No, but I was lucky. I came from SoCal so I had some equity built up when I sold my house there. I was fully prepared to live without a job for 6 months or get some piddly job just to cover some bills. We just decided to go for it.

splat

Nam I am
Heidi said:
I have already started wearing my skull cap under my helmet, damn, I am excited!!!!!!
I prefer the long sleve hooded jersey , to the Skull cap.

I am going to putthe finishing touches on my Cyclo cross bike and start using that when it gets dark. ( I have only been building up that bike for 2 years now )

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
splat said:

I am going to putthe finishing touches on my Cyclo cross bike and start using that when it gets dark. ( I have only been building up that bike for 2 years now )
Yah, those are more expensive though.

2 years?????????

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
morning all! today i get a much-needed day off from school so i slept in until about noon. but that also killed my plans to get in any sort of a ride since i have to go to work around 2. then, when i get home around 830 i need to scramble to start and finish a 3 page psych paper and a math project. i cant wait till next week when i only have 3 days of school...

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Morning.

Long day. I'm pissed that I feel like crap. My chest is incredibly tight from coughing and sneezing continually from the damn dust and mold from the carpet being torn up. And I absolutely do not want to sit in class for 8 hours today when I've got a pair of midterms this week.

Gah. No riding tonight.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
splat said:

what kind are you building up?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
Morning.

Long day. I'm pissed that I feel like crap. My chest is incredibly tight from coughing and sneezing continually from the damn dust and mold from the carpet being torn up. And I absolutely do not want to sit in class for 8 hours today when I've got a pair of midterms this week.

Gah. No riding tonight.
Was the carpet torn up at your house?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Dude the air in my house got SO much nicer after I took out the carpeting... in the short term it might suck but overall you will be so much happier :)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
stosh said:
Yeah she got an awesome class this year, if it wasn't for the stress of her master's classes she's be having a great year. :)

Apparently word spread after last year and all the parents were asking for their kids to be in her class. Thus all the kids who's parents didn't care got pushed out.
LOL!!! That's always fun (having parents request you)...sometimes it can lead to some real pain in the arse parents, but for the most part it turns into a nice class. Where is she doing her masters?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
robdamanii said:
I know it WILL be, but currently the mold and dust is making me a wheezing miserable mess.
Yeah! I have the same allergies (dust & mold) and have been miserable at one of my schools that flooded and they are now replacing the moldy crap :mumble: