Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Well as everybody expected I had my F'ing butt handed to me at my first F'ing spin class yesterday. :)
It felt good, apparently I'm going to need a HRM though.

Hope ya all have a great day!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
It is going to be a balmy 59 degrees today.

I love the fall.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
stevew said:
It is going to be a balmy 59 degrees today.

I love the fall.
59 would be balmy for us, they are talking about a chance of snow at night.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
First day of classes for B term. Thermodynamics, dynamics, and a history. Wonderful.

I love buying college textbooks. $130 for the dynamics book, and luckily my friend is in both thermo and dynamics with me, so he spent $100 for the thermo book. Probably another $100 or something for the history books. I love spending all the money I earned during the summer on the absurd textbook costs.

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
it's cold

and rainy

and miserable

but I am in a good mood because I had a dream about skydiving and having super human powers.... it was cool.

And my dog jumped up into bed with me this morning. She was under the covers with her head on a pillow. She's a funny dog.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MudGrrl said:
it's cold

and rainy

and miserable

but I am in a good mood because I had a dream about skydiving and having super human powers.... it was cool.

And my dog jumped up into bed with me this morning. She was under the covers with her head on a pillow. She's a funny dog.
One time I had a dream that I could fly by twirling a fork around my finger like a heliocopter. Thats was a cool dream!!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Rain rain and more rain. Apparently, an early season Nor'easter is hitting us today. Too bad it's not colder or we'd be getting a ton of snow. I dunno...I kind of like putting my heavy wool coat on the past two mornings. :) I love New England...soon as you're sick of the weather, a new season rolls in.

Anyway, I have a 6:00 hockey game tonight. It'll be nice getting home from a game at 7:30 instead of 11:30. :)

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

We had a good covering of snow last night... supposed to keep snowing off and on for the next 2 days. Winter weather advisory in effect until tomorrow morning, flood warnings in effect until tomorrow night.

I don't think it's stopped raining for more than an hour in almost 3 weeks. Damn good thing we had such a great summer...

Not much excitement to report on today... going to see what kind of job market there is out west... with all the house crap that's going on right now, it would be a perfect time to relocate.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh.

We had a good covering of snow last night... supposed to keep snowing off and on for the next 2 days. Winter weather advisory in effect until tomorrow morning, flood warnings in effect until tomorrow night.

I don't think it's stopped raining for more than an hour in almost 3 weeks. Damn good thing we had such a great summer...

Not much excitement to report on today... going to see what kind of job market there is out west... with all the house crap that's going on right now, it would be a perfect time to relocate.
How far West?

PS. You sound stressed!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
It's cold, rainy, and miserable, but Dr. Raj had jury duty, so I'm home studying and eating my oatmeal.

One exam this afternoon, and one more tomorrow, then three on friday. Fun eh?
No

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
How far West?
I'm thinking colorado, utah, arizona, nevada...

stosh said:
PS. You sound stressed!
eh, not really stressed... just tired of life... tired of all the crap...

I haven't been on my bike in like a month, so I've got a lot of, um... energy/tension/toxins/bad vibes/whatever you want to call it built up.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I Are Baboon said:
My dog did some handywork on my favorite hat last night...

bummer - it's a nice hat too. Though if that's the worst thing she ever does, you'll be in good shape. Take it from a long time dog owner...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
jacksonpt said:
bummer - it's a nice hat too. Though if that's the worst thing she ever does, you'll be in good shape. Take it from a long time dog owner...
She has also eaten a couple of books and magazines too. It's ok...she's a good girl.

I did like that hat though.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
jacksonpt said:

I haven't been on my bike in like a month, so I've got a lot of, um... energy/tension/toxins/bad vibes/whatever you want to call it built up.
We must have been too far north to catch the snow. Thankfully. We'll get ours though.

Best I can say is just hang in there. All the overwhelming stuff can only last for so long. Just take each day as it comes and it'll pass.

And go hang on the trainer for half an hour, just for yourself. You'll probably feel better.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:

Ok cool deal! Glad you guys are dealing with it ok.

How's the wife's back?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
robdamanii said:
Best I can say is just hang in there. All the overwhelming stuff can only last for so long. Just take each day as it comes and it'll pass.

And go hang on the trainer for half an hour, just for yourself. You'll probably feel better.
It's not really even that crap... the potential law suit against our builder I can deal with - he deserves it and has had it coming for a long time... plus, it's a good way to passively release some aggression. Selling the house isn't that big of a deal either - it's only a house, and I kind of enjoy looking at other places. Plus, the financial freedom it will provide us over our current house/taxes is a huge plus. My wife's back is tough... I feel sooo bad for her - she can't even pick up our kids or bend over to get a toy. But we are getting by, and *keeping fingers crossed*, the end is in sight... she's having surgery next week to fix the disk.

Maybe I'm more sensitive to it because of all the other stuff that's going on... but I don't really like what my life has become. With the exception of my job and my family, I'm pretty much a recluse/hermit. I don't really have any friends, I don't go out, I have no motivation to do much of anything... not professionally, not personally... that's what's bothering me most.

Hopefully when Renae's back is fixed and all this house stuff comes to a conclusion I'll have more energy.

OK... enough with the woe was me bull****...

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
jacksonpt said:
It's not really even that crap... the potential law suit against our builder I can deal with - he deserves it and has had it coming for a long time... plus, it's a good way to passively release some aggression. Selling the house isn't that big of a deal either - it's only a house, and I kind of enjoy looking at other places. Plus, the financial freedom it will provide us over our current house/taxes is a huge plus. My wife's back is tough... I feel sooo bad for her - she can't even pick up our kids or bend over to get a toy. But we are getting by, and *keeping fingers crossed*, the end is in sight... she's having surgery next week to fix the disk.

Maybe I'm more sensitive to it because of all the other stuff that's going on... but I don't really like what my life has become. With the exception of my job and my family, I'm pretty much a recluse/hermit. I don't really have any friends, I don't go out, I have no motivation to do much of anything... not professionally, not personally... that's what's bothering me most.

Hopefully when Renae's back is fixed and all this house stuff comes to a conclusion I'll have more energy.

OK... enough with the woe was me bull****...
Give her my best and good luck. You've got everything on track, now it's just a matter of waiting for it all to be resolved, as hard as that may be.

I do get what you're saying about being a hermit and not having a social life. I get the same thing being stuck inside every night with a stack of books and notes that need to be reviewed and studied, and no time to go out and have fun. It just seems like it's a phase. You'll find some time when everything else settles down and you get a lot of your personal worries taken care of.

FWIW.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good morning everyone.

Sorry to hear about the Nor'Easter, guys.......cold/rain just sucks big time. Weather is cooling here in the South--although not quite to the degree that you guys are getting.

Got into a fight yesterday with my Stan's sealant.......after several tactical maneuvers, I out-flanked its cavalry and diced their archers up like chopped liver. In other words: after some fiddling around, I got the tires to seal up without anymore leaks. I like the tubeless system.....you just have to work with it a little bit to understand what is going on with the tire/rimstrip/rim interface if you're trying it for the first time. Took the rimstrips out and ran two layers of tape over the spokeholes to build up the bottom a bit before putting the velox tape back in so the rimstrip will sit closer to the beadhook on the rim. Soaped 'er up and it was good to go.

Today is pretty busy....got a lot of house plans on my desk that need roofs, so I'll be burning some overtime up this week I believe---which sucks because I'm salaried. Gross.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
She has a Dr's appointment this morning for blood work and such - is having surgery to repair the disk on halloween.
Yikes! Aubrey has a slipped disc too.

Let me know how it goes!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
Yikes! Aubrey has a slipped disc too.

Let me know how it goes!
The disk is soo low in her spin that there is no chance of paralasis (no spinal cord that low), so that's good. The Dr told her that if everything goes well and there is no fluid build up, the surgery should only take about 30 minutes, she will go home that day, and be on her feet (but not lifting anything) the next day. He then said that if there was fluid build up, she could be on her back in bed for a month.

So it sounds like they really have no idea :rolleyes:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
The disk is soo low in her spin that there is no chance of paralasis (no spinal cord that low), so that's good. The Dr told her that if everything goes well and there is no fluid build up, the surgery should only take about 30 minutes, she will go home that day, and be on her feet (but not lifting anything) the next day. He then said that if there was fluid build up, she could be on her back in bed for a month.

So it sounds like they really have no idea :rolleyes:
Holy crap dude... Aubrey went to so many DR's lately and it seems to me that Dr's and Chiropractors and everybody else involved are just glorified witch doctors. NOBODY says the same thing and it's a crap shoot when it comes to diagnosis.

Superdeft

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
East Coast
robdamanii said:
It's cold, rainy, and miserable, but Dr. Raj had jury duty, so I'm home studying and eating my oatmeal.

One exam this afternoon, and one more tomorrow, then three on friday. Fun eh?

Cold? Check.
Rain? Check.
Studying? Check.
Miserable? Check.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
How come everyone here thinks that mornings are good? I HATE morning time! This should be the morning sucks thread :)

now that thats out of the way.... My cousin has been visiting since Friday, and I just sent him off to his interview for Med school here at MCV/VCU. Then I get to skip class to take him back to the airport. I hope he does OK, this is his first interview of like 10