Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Another f'ing day at work!

HOw's everybody doing?
I had a nice halloween yesterday, I just handed out f'ing candy at my parent's house.

hope ya all have a great day!

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Doing well. Getting ahead homework wise, I am almost done with my assignments for the week. Just work and class today.

On a side note, I have a 2002 Marzocchi Monster T and a set of Mavic EX729 wheels for sale in the Buy&Sell forum. Buy em!:thumb:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello. Back at work after burning a personal day of a car issue. My car problem yesterday apparently was a gasoline flooded engine. Now how in the hell does that happen? The mechanic just cranked the key for a while until the engine started, and a huge puff of white smoke shot out the exhaust. Well hell, I could have done that. Glad it didn't cost me anything (except a tip for the tow truck driver).

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Hello. Back at work after burning a personal day of a car issue. My car problem yesterday apparently was a gasoline flooded engine. Now how in the hell does that happen? The mechanic just cranked the key for a while until the engine started, and a huge puff of white smoke shot out the exhaust. Well hell, I could have done that. Glad it didn't cost me anything (except a tip for the tow truck driver).
Wow that sucks man!!

Glad to hear it didnt' cost much.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Hey folks!

Day after Halloween........the first year in I-don't-know-when I'm not hungover. Every year, neighboring Chapel Hill has a Halloween street party that numbers somewhere near 75,000, but this year was the first time I didn't attend. Just wasn't in the mood.....maybe I'm just getting old and cranky--I dunno. Got off work and grabbed the dog for a short dirt-moving session at my trails before it got dark. Woah!--Every year, daylight savings time hits me like a brick soaked in concrete. I just have a hard time getting used to darkness so early. At one point last night, I looked over at Justine and was like "What is it, ten-thirty?"

Nope. Only 7:15. Dang.

Usually we eat later...around 8:30 or 9. But last night we had grubbed out and was in PJ's and getting sleepy by 8:30. Makes me want to go back to second shift sometimes......I do like my daylight.

Not much planned for today. Maybe mow the yard for the last time this season, maybe get out to the trail for about 30 minutes or so. We'll see...

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
G'morning. Nothing exciting to report.

Laid low and handed out candy last night. This year was a welcome change from last year. This year we saw a lot of little kids. The oldest couldn't have been more than 9. Lots of superheros; superman, batman, robin, supergirl, capt america, iron man, etc.. One little kid was dressed as the hulk and I swear the shoulders of his costume were as broad as he was tall. :)

Last year was mobs of someteens, most without costumes, who'd ring the bell then stand there not saying a word with their bags extended waiting for loot. :(

I like our new neighborhood.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Oh yeah, we hired a landscaper to take care of our yard. We got the WORKS! :D

Fall cleanup
prune ALL the trees and hedges around the house
weed our islands and stone areas
regular mowing and trimming next year

:thumb:

If I knew regular maintenance was so cheap, I would have hired someone a year ago. :rolleyes:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
IAB, paying for landscaping work is the way to go. there's only so much daylight and weekend time, and i'd rather have the time to myself and the family, rather than spending it in the yard. maybe when the kids get older they can be conscripted into service.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
after a week or 2 of laziness I got my heart pumping above idle.........my jog thru a cemetery on halloween was uneventful
Wow, you're daring!!!!

I'm off to the Gym tonight, Aubrey's sick so she won't be there with me.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I Are Baboon said:
Oh yeah, we hired a landscaper to take care of our yard. We got the WORKS! :D

Fall cleanup
prune ALL the trees and hedges around the house
weed our islands and stone areas
regular mowing and trimming next year

:thumb:

If I knew regular maintenance was so cheap, I would have hired someone a year ago. :rolleyes:

one step closer to the typical Avon resident !! :D

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
stosh said:
Wow, you're daring!!!!

I'm off to the Gym tonight, Aubrey's sick so she won't be there with me.

oh yeah, I live life on the edge :rolleyes:

last time I jogged there, there was a chick walking her little dog looking pretty nervous....there was a fox following her & her dog (she thought the fox was rabid)

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Unfortunately for me, we are a cheap household. The boss seems to think that this weekend I'm going to be doing the full/fall yard clean-up thing. :mumble:
On a more pleasant note: Stable +1. UPS will be dropping off a new toy today. :) Pics to follow.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
narlus said:
IAB, paying for landscaping work is the way to go. there's only so much daylight and weekend time, and i'd rather have the time to myself and the family, rather than spending it in the yard. maybe when the kids get older they can be conscripted into service.
We agree. When we bought the house, our intention was to do all the yardwork ourselves, but we grossly underestimated the amount of time it would take to keep it looking nice. Mowing the yard is one thing, but we have a ton of shrubs that are now overgrown, and we've got weeds all over our islands and stone areas. The regular landscaping maintenance fee is cheap enough, but it's costing us a small fortune to have him make up for over a year of neglect.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - Had a hockey game last night. We lost 4-1. I scored our only goal on a breakaway - beat the goalie through the five hole. Our team isn't very good, but it is fun to compete on the ice again. I think I'm going to be tired come 2:30 or 3ish this afternoon though. 10:10 pm games aren't the greatest, but the ice is cheaper to rent at those times so that's the tradeoff you have to deal with in order to skate withouth it costing an arm and a leg.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Gave out candy and watched football last night. There were a few quotes from the game that cracked me up.

"Parker tried running through hole B then backed off and ran up the A-hole"

"After falling he got his hand out enough to hive a reach around"

Despite having perfect weather my knee hurts to much to ride or jog or even walk.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Westy said:
Gave out candy and watched football last night. There were a few quotes from the game that cracked me up.

"Parker tried running through hole B then backed off and ran up the A-hole"

Despite having perfect weather my knee hurts to much to ride or jog or even walk.
Several years ago I was watching a Buffalo vs Miami game, and after a QB sack, this was actually said by the announcer:

"Johnson is smothered by Cox and Beavers".

I gave away about 75% of the candy I bought last night. The rest is currently fattening up my already fat co-workers.

Oh and that sux about your knee!

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Goodmorning. I passed my first snowplow on the way to work today. The strange thing is that my windows were open and it's beautiful and sunny here again. I could get used to this. I should have called in sick and hit the trails.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
It rained for most of the Trick or Treating time... but MizN8 and I managed to hand out all of our candy.

It looks like we are having a typical Louisiana November here:

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I Are Baboon said:
WTF? That sucks.

Nothing big to report here.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Westy said:
I heard that one too........Madden was kinda quiet for a sec or two after Al said it. Awkward. I'll bet both of them had a chuckle about that one during the half. :)

grundy

Chimp
Oct 18, 2004
'sup everybody.

there was a mountain of candy in the office yesterday, by 11:00 everybody was looking sick from eating so much candy (myself included).

spent the first evening of coming-home-in-the-dark lying around and doing nothing - but managed to get to bed early, get up early, and go for a sunrise trail run with wife+doggies. Fall weather is absolutely perfect around here, it's nice to get out and enjoy it.

Got the night lights ready to go for the bikes, but this week marks the end of after work surfing for me :( - although may have to make up for that by taking the dogs on some nighttime beach adventures.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
and what a good morning it is. i dont have school because of teacher conferences so i got to sleep till 11 for once. last night was fun, did some riding in some local trails with some friends and then we got kicked off of the phillips academy campus by one of the campus police for turning a steep hillside into a 10 or so foot drop. we didnt build anything on it, all we did was pedal at it like crazy and pop up off of this small natural lip it had. my friend was easily getting 10 feet down the hill but i was only getting about 6 feet down. then we just rode around after dark and terrorized the neighborhood. so all in all, twas a good night! :thumb:

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
I just had a boring office meeting that was supposed to be informations but quickly turned into a few people obsessing about what to do when our magazine sells out too quickly at Barnes and Noble, something we don't even have any control over. I was totally asleep.