Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
Good F'ing Morning Monkies!

Well I just handed in my 2 week notice for the second time this year. I'm sure this time will be permanent.

17 Days till the little guy gets here, I sure am looking forward to meeting him.

Still no T-shirt! I've email RM sales but haven't heard anything back.

Question of the day: Your favorite food at Thanksgiving Dinner?

Fried Oysters :drool:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good morning! MancilG - You must be SO excited about the little guy. I am excited for my daughter and I still have to wait until January!!! It's raining and miserable here :( I got out of school early yesterday and came home to do leaf removal #3 for about 3 hours. Ran out of time to finish (got dark) so I'll have to find some more time when it isn't raining to do that.
Half day of school today for our kids then parent conferences so hopefully I will finish early again today :) Then it's off to home to teach some private lessons and clean.
Favorite Thanksgiving Food: either the cranberry sauce or pumpkin pie.

Jul 28, 2003
Eat, ME
MancilG said:
Good F'ing Morning Monkies!

Well I just handed in my 2 week notice for the second time this year. I'm sure this time will be permanent.

17 Days till the little guy gets here, I sure am looking forward to meeting him.

Still no T-shirt! I've email RM sales but haven't heard anything back.

Question of the day: Your favorite food at Thanksgiving Dinner?

Fried Oysters :drool:
My mom makes creamed pearl onions that are THE essential side for Thanksgiving dinner. It's great, about an hour and a half after pie, it's like the campfire scene in Blazing Saddles.

The Cheese

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Cripes, I'm out of the office for two days and I come back to a hundred e-mails and a stack of papers on my desk. :( :help: At least my voice mail is empty.

BTW, congrats on the new job, Mancil! (I saw your other thread)

My favorite Thanksgiving food is beer.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Yeah, so I just dropped $1.25 in a vending machine to get a bottle of water, and a frikkin NESTEA dropped out. If I wanted an iced tea, I would have pressed the goddamn iced tea button! :mad:

I'm gonna go Hanson Brothers on that vending machine.

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
TreeSaw said:
Good morning! MancilG - You must be SO excited about the little guy. I am excited for my daughter and I still have to wait until January!!! It's raining and miserable here :( I got out of school early yesterday and came home to do leaf removal #3 for about 3 hours. Ran out of time to finish (got dark) so I'll have to find some more time when it isn't raining to do that.
Half day of school today for our kids then parent conferences so hopefully I will finish early again today :) Then it's off to home to teach some private lessons and clean.
Favorite Thanksgiving Food: either the cranberry sauce or pumpkin pie.
Are you a teacher?

So you have a little girl on the way, coooool. Pick any names yet?

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
I Are Baboon said:
Cripes, I'm out of the office for two days and I come back to a hundred e-mails and a stack of papers on my desk. :( :help: At least my voice mail is empty.

BTW, congrats on the new job, Mancil! (I saw your other thread)

My favorite Thanksgiving food is beer.
Welcome back and thanks! I just finished talking to my other boss. He we questioning why I was leaving, I guess he just didn't understand the 15k pay raise.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
I'm sure Earl is trying to name Treesaw's kid after a bike part....

Good F'in morning monkeys. Big F'in day for me today, the dealer is bringing the car to my house for a test drive and a final lookaround, and by tonight I should have a new(er) car. I'm so F'in psyched!!!!

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Crazy Sweeper said:
I'm sure Earl is trying to name Treesaw's kid after a bike part....

Good F'in morning monkeys. Big F'in day for me today, the dealer is bringing the car to my house for a test drive and a final lookaround, and by tonight I should have a new(er) car. I'm so F'in psyched!!!!

Whay kind of car

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Mornin', y'all.....

'Nother mild day here in NC......warm weather this late in Nov just rocks!. Wish we had a little rain to help out our dire water shortage here though---nearly all of our reservoirs in the state are low on water prompting some serious water restrictions. Usually we've had a lot of Fall rain by now, but the whole summer has been amazingly dry. I mulched up all the leaves in the yard yesterday after work and you could see the dust in the air throughout the whole neighborhood!!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Are Baboon said:
Yeah, so I just dropped $1.25 in a vending machine to get a bottle of water, and a frikkin NESTEA dropped out. If I wanted an iced tea, I would have pressed the goddamn iced tea button! :mad:

I'm gonna go Hanson Brothers on that vending machine.
that one made me laugh!

The "Machine ate my quarter!"

Attachments

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Crazy Sweeper said:
oh, it was in yesterday's GMT.

it's a black on black 02 audi A4 1.8T, fully loaded.
sorry had a busy day didn't get much time to read the thread after I posted it.

Sounds SWEET, let me know how ou like I. I was looking at the 05 A4, I think that would back a good family car

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Morning Monkies...
yesterday after taking most of the summer off I finally got back into the gym... yikes.. I am only doing half the weight i was doing in May. I have also decided to add running ( on a threadmill for now)
into my workouts... and dedicate 2 days of just running. I have decided that next spring/summer i am going to start with a mini triathlon and see how it goes... Training starts now!!!!!
I also went by My LBS and picked out my new wheelset..I wound up getting Hope Hubs, with 729 rims pretty light and damn strong.... looking forward to checking them out soon. I just need to get my frame!!!!!
anyways.. tonight is my first test on the treadmill... with a little luck i wont die... enjoy the day :cool:

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
hooples3 said:
Morning Monkies...
yesterday after taking most of the summer off I finally got back into the gym... yikes.. I am only doing half the weight i was doing in May. I have also decided to add running ( on a threadmill for now)
into my workouts... and dedicate 2 days of just running. I have decided that next spring/summer i am going to start with a mini triathlon and see how it goes... Training starts now!!!!!
I also went by My LBS and picked out my new wheelset..I wound up getting Hope Hubs, with 729 rims pretty light and damn strong.... looking forward to checking them out soon. I just need to get my frame!!!!!
anyways.. tonight is my first test on the treadmill... with a little luck i wont die... enjoy the day :cool:

Running outside is boring enough... but treadmill running has got to be the most boring thing ever!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning monkeys! I'm home today with my daughter. Just putzing around this mornign until she goes to pre-school at noon and then I've got to run some errands, etc.... I'm excited to meet my son as well!! My wife and Treesaw are due within a day or two of each other. :) Seems like time has flown bye and he'll be here before we know it! We finally decided on a name, but it will not be revealed until he arrives and I can post pics. All are welcome to guess. :D

As for Thanksgiving foods, mine is mashed potatos!! :drool: I LOVE them, but am way to lazy to make them on a regular basis.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
hooples3 said:
Morning Monkies...
into my workouts... and dedicate 2 days of just running.
Yeah, my gym workouts are more frequent now that MTB season is limited. I usually lift weights for 30 minutes, then run on a treadmill for 20 minutes. Last night I skipped the weights (I lifted the previous three days) and just ran for 30 minutes, covering three miles. The treadmill is indeed very boring, but I keep it interesting by interval training and keeping plugged into my iPod.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I Are Baboon said:
Yeah, my gym workouts are more frequent now that MTB season is limited. I usually lift weights for 30 minutes, then run on a treadmill for 20 minutes. Last night I skipped the weights (I lifted the previous three days) and just ran for 30 minutes, covering three miles. The treadmill is indeed very boring, but I keep it interesting by interval training and keeping plugged into my iPod.
Things stay interesting at my gym with the parade of MILFs running around.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning, finally got back on the (road) bike last night after injuring my knee a week ago Saturday and putted around the neighborhood for 7 miles. It held up real well and will try it out on the mountain bike tomorrow night. Scheduled for the El Tour de Tucson on Saturday but don't know if I'm up to cranking out 109 miles. We'll see how it goes tomorrow.

For Thanksgiving my grandmother and mother always made cranberry sherbert. I have the recipe but not the patience to make it. My favs to fix are pineapple dressing and a sweet potato casserole as side dishes.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Good Tuesday morning everyone. It's raining here, so that means I'll hopefully get a lot of work done around here. We've got a big issue this month to put out. Nothing new around here. Hopefully I'll get on the trainer tonight. I finally got a new pair of glasses last night after my other ones got crushed after my Sunday ride. I'm so thankful to be able to see again! Yesterday was awful and driving in prescription sunglasses at night was a true challenge.

As for my favorite Thanksgiving food, I love the mashed or sweet potatoes, homemade cranberry sauce and the pie :drool:

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
I like everything mashed, except for boobies. I make some pretty good wasabi mashed potatoes, and I just started making mashed sweet potatoes. Yum

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Crazy Sweeper said:
I like everything mashed, except for boobies. I make some pretty good wasabi mashed potatoes, and I just started making mashed sweet potatoes. Yum
get some Cauliflower . stick it in a bleder/foodprocessor.. keep blending until the consistancy is like mashed potatoes... its yummy

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin all

Well, it's official - the riding season is over. Trail conditions are iffy, at best... right now, due to rain, but come the weekend, due to snow.

I've started working out again (like I do every winter) to try to stay in some kind of decent shape. Man, am I sore. I have a subscription to Men's Health - in the Dec issue they have a little writeup on a full body workout without weights. Since I have no time to get the the gym and only have very limited free weights at home, getting a good workout had been tough in the past. I decided to try their exercises - it's friggin brutal. Been a long time since I did a full body routine and I'm feeling it.

Oh, favorite turkey day food... turkey, taters, stuffing and gravy.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
bluebug32 said:
Yuck, snow!

Jackson, I'm supposed to drive up past your area on Fri and home Sun. on my way to Seneca Falls. How much snow are you supposed to get and when?
They are talking about a mix of snow and rain on friday, and snow on sunday. But it's so far off yet that who knows what will really happen. Haven't heard about how much... again, too far away to really know.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
I love a well prepared turkey, but my favorite has got to be the day after leftover sandwich.

Turkey, cream cheese, cranberry sauce, sprouts & dijon mustard on a nice hearty whole grain bread. :drool:

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
robdamanii said:
Morning konabumm.

Favourite thanksgiving food? A big fat slab of turkey skin. That rocks.

It's raining here after a beautiful day yesterday. My Eagles lost last night. Class this morning wasn't bad, just boring.

What? Dallas beat the Eagles?

:p

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
MancilG said:
Are you a teacher?

So you have a little girl on the way, coooool. Pick any names yet?
I am...grades 4-8 band. Yes, another mud hunnie will be joining the world in January. I believe we have her named, but I am not at liberty to divulge the information at this time (according to the daddy).