Quantcast

^^ Good Tuesday Morning!!^^

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
Good Fing Morning Monkeys!

Today is my last day of work for the week :thumb: It's going to be nice to spend some time around the house.

It’s raining cats and dogs here in Maryland.

No Kid and No RM Shirt. I hope when I return I'll have both!

For those that I don't talk to before Turkey Day, have a great Holiday and enjoy the time with your family!

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Morning monkey butts...

late day at work yesterday.. then right to the gym.. chest and tri's good workout... I have noticed strength improvement already....
Rumors have it my new frame shipped out the 17th..anyday now..anyday!!!!!!!!

sorry to hear you didnt get your shirt yet.. i'd complain!!! but then again who listens anyway..

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
morning monkeys. Signed the check last night, and now I own the new audi. Pick it up tomorrow on my way to VT. Bringing the board with me to do a little riding hopefully while I'm up there. Have a great turkey day everybody.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. I worked a long day yesterday too....worked 13 hours, got out at 8:00. Eh, it's all part of the job.

I did get some nice news yesterday...I've been doing the work of two people because my boss has been on extended sick leave. To compensate for my effort, "they" are giving me a supplemental pay increase (looks like about 6% at this point). WOO HOO! Plus, I get my annual merit increase in March (probably another 5%). So, I got 10% less than a year ago, and I am looking at another 10% this year. :thumb:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
IAB, that's awesome. corporate shackles at my prison of choice pretty much sets the std raise @ 4% which is pitiful really, i think.

didn't do much last night. worked until about 7, got home and ate dinner, read some mags. excitement.

tonight am gonna see john cale, which should be good.

edit - i am digging this drag-n-drop feature of the new board (and the bold non-bold for topics read). nice work RM!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
narlus said:
IAB, that's awesome. corporate shackles at my prison of choice pretty much sets the std raise @ 4% which is pitiful really, i think.
My company gives seemingly large raises 4-10% but they drag the review process out to 14-18 month spans so it is more like 3-7%. Tricky penny pinching back stabbing bastards they are.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
narlus said:
Thanks, man. I'm psyched. It's weird....it's like my bosses are afraid I'm going to quit and they are trying to keep me happy.

Westy said:
My company gives seemingly large raises 4-10% but they drag the review process out to 14-18 month spans so it is more like 3-7%. Tricky penny pinching back stabbing bastards they are.
Our review process definitely drags out. However, the increases have a strict deadline every year. The reviews and increases, although they are tied together, are handled as two seperate things. You don't not get notified of your increase during your review.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. Nothing exciting to report. Stopped by the LBS last night to drop off the new bike for some last minute stuff. Should be picking it up tomorrow and will get pics up as soon as they're ready. Today is my last day before Turkey Day as well. Looking forward to the time off. My company has an avg. raise of 3%-4%. I got 4% last year and am hoping for the same this year. My review is right around the first of the year. We do get a Xmas bonus as well, which for me, should be around $1k this year. Always helpful for paying off those xmas bills. That all being said, I hate my job and sent my resume out for another position last night. We'll see what happens...

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning!

Finally made it to the store last night to do the Thanksgiving shopping. As I was picking through the remaining 11-13 lb. turkeys, the butcher came out of the back with two 20 lb. birds. There were at least a dozen people eyeing them. In a move of desperation I was able to quickly throw a block on the butcher, recover the fumble on one of the turkeys as it bounced down the aisle and sprint to the checkout for a touchdown. Score! :thumb:

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Good Morning Monkies!

The man in brown dropped this off yesterday :D

and I'll get to test my new shoes in Phoenix during the Thanksgiving weekend. :)

Other than that not much going on...just working and waiting for the holiday weekend to start.

Have a good day everyone! :)

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Shyrmp said:
Good Morning Monkies!

The man in brown dropped this off yesterday :D

and I'll get to test my new shoes in Phoenix during the Thanksgiving weekend. :)

Other than that not much going on...just working and waiting for the holiday weekend to start.

Have a good day everyone! :)
lol very nice... I love the man in brown.. i am waitng for something soon too!!!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Wow, slow GMT this morning!

Congrats on the raise, IAB. Sounds like they're taking care of you.

I got a 22% raise last week - my fourth week on the job here :thumb:. Was pretty psyched when she told me about it on Thursday.

My girlfriend's mom is down visiting so we're going out to eat a lot and generally having a nice week. Her brother and dad arrive tomorrow for Thanksgiving.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good morning monkeys! I am still sick...although I am feeling a little better than yesterday. Went to the Dr. and he did a strep test as my throat was quite red and swollen...waiting to hear those results. He also noticed a lot of wheezing in my chest, but didn't hear fluid in my lungs (no pnemonia). Unfortunately, he didn't want to prescribe anything as I am 7+ months pregnant so his recommendation was rest, lots of fluids and using a vaporizer. I still have no appetite whatsoever which isn't good for the little peanut. I am forcing myself to eat 3 meals a day, which is weird as I was eating 5-6 smaller ones. I just hope I get well fast.

Just found out that a meeting I had all set up (months ago) for tomorrow was bumped to a smaller conference room without any of the overhead options that we need. I hate when someone in administration doesn't plan ahead and bumps us at the last minute...totally ruins the multimedia presentation I was planning on using throughout the meeting :mumble: So now, not only am I sick, at home and supposed to be resting, butI have to totally re-plan a 5 hour meeting. (rant over)

On a much happier note, my father made the baby a beautiful cradle and delivered it to my house last night. He's quite handy and was VERY proud of it. I can't wait to take a picture of her in it and send it to him :D

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
I'm working out the plans for T-day travel. Prob will head to my parents in NH. Looks like it will be just the dog and I making the trip. My girlfriend runs the animal shelter here, and holidays off are not really an option. Someone needs to feed / de-turd the creatures.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
TreeSaw said:
On a much happier note, my father made the baby a beautiful cradle and delivered it to my house last night. He's quite handy and was VERY proud of it. I can't wait to take a picture of her in it and send it to him :D
Locke is also handy and will build you an island cradle.....

God that was such an obscure joke.