Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
Good F'ing Morning Monkey's

How is everyone today? Not to bad here, the little guy slept well last night thus giving Kim and I a good night of much needed sleep.

Tomorrow I start my new job so I don't think I'm going to be able to do the GMT tomorrow. I promise once I get my life back to normal I'll get the GMT's back to normal.

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
our boy was giving us 2 solid 4 hour chunks of sleep, now he's back to 2 or 3 hours at a time :dead: i can't wait until he's a teenager and sleeping all day :D

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Mornin' Kiddo's.....

Hope everyone's Tuesday goes well. It's been rainy here in central NC for the last few days....we need it badly as many of our lakes are dangerously low.. They are reporting that it would take a steady rain for three weeks to get our levels back to normal. Wow.

Didn't do a whole lot yesterday. Just chilled out around tha house after work and did some misc. chores that have been neglected here lately. Work has been really sluggish for the last few days as the recent rains have put a halt to many contractors getting houses up and going. We're doing a lot of floor sweeping and touch up painting around the offices and warehouses to keep the guys busy.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. We lost our deck hockey championship last night. :( Sad Baboon. We played a better series than our opponent, but they had an amazing goalie. I did pick up two trophies (point leader and goal leader for the season), but it's bittersweet. New season starts in a week.

I'm waiting around the house right now for a dude to come check out our dripping water boiler.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning :monkey:'s. I'm feeling better today. I think a sub-par Turkey Day coupled having a head cold for almost a week just gave me a case of the Mondays. It's all good now though. It's around 56 degrees here today and most fo our snow has melted. Kind of a bummer, it was pretty while it lasted. On the plus side, it'll make riding on Friday easier! Seems a bunch of SMBA members have all been building up SS's so we're having a SS group ride on Friday. It's be my first venture into the one-geared world and I'm looking forward to it. We'll see how I feel after 2 hours of riding with one speed. :dead: Have a good day all.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Morning all.

I'm working my way through The Abs Diet put out by Men's Health - some very interesting stuff in that book and I'm learning a lot. Hopefully I'll be able to get on the right track and not see the typical 25lbs of winter weight I normally get.

Also, I applied for a couple of jobs in the Phoenix area, so it will be interesting to see what comes of those.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Morning Monkies!!!!!

Well My Intense 6.6 frame came yesterday!!!! had to build it up and ride it.. I am still playing with the setup but its feeling great!! I am looking forward toi hitting the trails as soon as possible!!!!
I also found out i will be closing on my house on friday!!! all good news!!!
Mancil .. good luck on the new job... I am sure by 8:30 someone will start a GMT .. if not i will..:)

Sorry for your loss baboon!!!!

Good luck with the dieting Jackson.. and with the possibility of a new job!!!

everyone else.. have a great day!!!!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
hooples3 said:
Morning Monkies!!!!!

Well My Intense 6.6 frame came yesterday!!!! had to build it up and ride it.. I am still playing with the setup but its feeling great!! !!!
One of our riding buddies has one of those and it is an unbelievable bike. British Racing Green. Goregeous. Has it set up with a Fox 36 fork and a DHX Air shock. It's so velvet-smooth and pops up into a wheelie by just thinking about it. It's like flubber.

splat

Nam I am
Morning.

played my usual pre work , Ice hockey game this morning . I go ta new set of goalie pads I was using for the first time today. need to get use to them., they are much lighter than my old set , they also slide across teh ice much faster than my old set. so a couple of times I just went sliding right out of the crease at a bad time. I'll get use to them.

SO Boon , did you score any last night ? when you going to try Ice ?

splat

Nam I am
Wumpus said:
I did an f'in solo night ride again since beginners actually showed up at the beginner night ride. One lady was actually using an f'in petzl to ride with.
I did a night ride once with a GUy who all he had was a Petzl, at the start of the ride ( it was still daylaight ) was saying how much light it gives and it will work great .

he hasn't been night riding again. He now makes sure he is out of the woods before dark.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
splat said:
SO Boon , did you score any last night ? when you going to try Ice ?
I scored one. I got robbed three times. The goalie didn't just stop three of my shots...he ROBBED me when I thought I was scoring. That guy owned me last night. Damn you goalies!

A few of the guys on my team play ice and want me to play with them, right here in Simsbury too.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Good luck on the new job Mancil!

Last night's ride home was interesting. It started snowing yesterday around 8am and didn't stop until well after I left work. So, with my studded bike tires, fenders, and lights I hit the roads. The bike lane was NOT an option because that's where all the snow was piled so I took the very edge of the lane. The surface of the road was packed powder and my tires held quite nicely. Once I got up into my hood the streets were pure powder and the uphill going was sloooooow, but a great workout! Good times. This morning may be a bit harder since the roads are icy.

Cheers!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
McGRP01 said:
Seems a bunch of SMBA members have all been building up SS's so we're having a SS group ride on Friday. It's be my first venture into the one-geared world and I'm looking forward to it. We'll see how I feel after 2 hours of riding with one speed. :dead: Have a good day all.
Sounds like fun!!!! Wish I could go :( Definitely will be joining this Spring though :thumb:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all! Busy day for me here, but I end early so it makes it worth it. Not sure what to do about lunch as I forgot mine :( I guess I will eat a Luna bar and hope for the best.

Mancil - good luck on the new job. I usually get in early on Wednesdays so I might be able to do the GMT tomorrow.

Private students at home tonight and then working on miscellaneous crap for school so it should be a relaxing evening for me :D

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
splat said:
Yes But with Studded tires , Ice can be fun
I was totally amazed that they had as much grip as they did. We have a gazillion roundabouts here in Bend and I was sure I would slide right around them, but the tires held nicely!!!! THANKS WEBCYCLERY

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
hey monkeys. didn't get my secret santa gift done and in the mail as expected, but should happen no later than Friday i guess. did a whole bunch of nothing last night.