Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
22,043
185
NY
How is everybody today?

Sorry I'm so F'ing late!
I still have this F'ing cough but I'm at work anyway.
 

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
22,043
185
NY
It's really cool when I inhale... and then I stop... my lungs keep making noise for a few seconds after.
 

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
5,060
356
Alamance County, NC
Hi there!

Haven't checked in for a couple of days, but there's not too much to report. Had a freezing rain event last night that kinda caught everyone by surprise. Down here in the lowlands of NC, that can be a dangerous thing for some of the idiots behind the wheel. I had to use my tire lever to help pry my door open this morning there was so much ice on it!

How is everyone's Christmas(that's right, I said Christmas--not Holiday) shopping going so far? Have you started? Finished? Me?.....I haven't started actually buying anything yet, but have made several different scouting trips, so I kinda know already what I'm getting everyone.

I can tell it's getting close to Christmas since my liquor consumption has gone waaayy up in the last two weeks. :p
 

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
16,673
446
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
orning! Stosh - sounds like you may have something similar to what I had. I had an upper repertory infection…you may want to get that checked out.

Today I find out that there is an all-school assembly that will require use of my teaching space (nice huh?) so I have to rearrange my schedule to accommodate AGAIN! I wouldn’t mind if they would just tell me in advance so I could be prepared. Worst part is…I have a concert next week!!!! Anyway, other than that things are going well. Breast feeding class is tonight. I have one student coming to the house for a lesson before that and we’ll be working on the nursery (putting the crib together). Once it’s finished, I’ll post up some pics.
 

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
22,043
185
NY
TreeSaw said:
orning! Stosh - sounds like you may have something similar to what I had. I had an upper repertory infection…you may want to get that checked out.

Today I find out that there is an all-school assembly that will require use of my teaching space (nice huh?) so I have to rearrange my schedule to accommodate AGAIN! I wouldn’t mind if they would just tell me in advance so I could be prepared. Worst part is…I have a concert next week!!!! Anyway, other than that things are going well. Breast feeding class is tonight. I have one student coming to the house for a lesson before that and we’ll be working on the nursery (putting the crib together). Once it’s finished, I’ll post up some pics.
so it's actually an infection you think... I don't even know who my primary physician is.
 

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
7,797
0
Portland, OR
Morning. Not much to report here either. Just hung out at home last night with the fam and watched the Seahawks kick the snot out of the Eagles. :D Oh, and I have a question for you :monkey:'s... Does anyone know if you've lost your high-school diploma, can you contact the school and have them fax or mail something to verify that you graduated? I have no idea where mine is.... Thanks in advance and have a good day y'all! :thumb:
 

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
37,068
3,939
Sleazattle
Had a bunch of wet snow last night that clung to all the trees and power lines. Lost electricity about midnight. Woke up to a very cold house and a very cold shower.
 

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
1,747
0
Rochester N.Y.
Good morning all. I still need to finish learning all of the orders of mammals, numbers of families in each order, specific examples from each family, around 80 New York State mammals which I need to identiy from a pelt or skull, and a bunch of skeletal terminology...all just for a lab practical. Kids make sure you think long and hard before embarking in a career in biology.
 

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
6,143
0
Floating down the Hudson
Goodmorning. Another low-key day at the office. The boss and his wife (who sits across from me) are gone on vacation and I'm loving the fact that I can turn up my music and go at my own pace. I finished another freelance article last night on pain management and I found out that my first article will be out next week. I also found out that my frame shipped yesterday :thumb: Can't wait!

Feel better, Stosh. I haven't had good luck with Drs. down here. I'm assuming you have an HMO?
 

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
22,043
185
NY
bluebug32 said:
Goodmorning. Another low-key day at the office. The boss and his wife (who sits across from me) are gone on vacation and I'm loving the fact that I can turn up my music and go at my own pace. I finished another freelance article last night on pain management and I found out that my first article will be out next week. I also found out that my frame shipped yesterday :thumb: Can't wait!

Feel better, Stosh. I haven't had good luck with Drs. down here. I'm assuming you have an HMO?

Yeah I have an HMO. I've had a similar sickness to this a couple years back and they said that antibiotics won't do anything for me... I just hate paying the money for them to tell me that.
 

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
11,818
1
Slacking at work
GumbaFish said:
Good morning all. I still need to finish learning all of the orders of mammals, numbers of families in each order, specific examples from each family, around 80 New York State mammals which I need to identiy from a pelt or skull, and a bunch of skeletal terminology...all just for a lab practical. Kids make sure you think long and hard before embarking in a career in biology.
Yeah but chances are you will end up with a much cooler job than me.
 

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
37,068
3,939
Sleazattle
Heidi said:
Westy, they have to be able to fax you a copy. I mean, who knows where theirs is...I don't.
You have confused me. Are you referring to my tax problems? I found documentation that I rolled the money back into an IRA, I may have failed to include this in my original filing. I need to get the money out of my name and set it up as a trust fund for my neices.
 

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
7,797
0
Portland, OR
Heidi said:
Hahahahah - not sure where I got that! Sorry :love:
No sweat..I knew you were talking to me. :)

And to answer my own question, yes and no. The high-school diploma I received was the "one and only". But, in NY state, a copy of my certified transcripts will serve the same purpose.
 

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
6,143
0
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
Yeah I have an HMO. I've had a similar sickness to this a couple years back and they said that antibiotics won't do anything for me... I just hate paying the money for them to tell me that.
I totally agree. When I had the kidney infection last summer, it took several doctors nearly a week to diagnose it. At $20 a pop, that stinks. Finally, after a $50 copay and 8 hours in the ER, they had a diagnosis for me :(
 

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
10,139
685
Bend, Oregon
Westy said:
You have confused me. Are you referring to my tax problems? I found documentation that I rolled the money back into an IRA, I may have failed to include this in my original filing. I need to get the money out of my name and set it up as a trust fund for my neices.
No, sorry, I meant to respond to McGRP01.
 

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
22,043
185
NY
bluebug32 said:
I totally agree. When I had the kidney infection last summer, it took several doctors nearly a week to diagnose it. At $20 a pop, that stinks. Finally, after a $50 copay and 8 hours in the ER, they had a diagnosis for me :(
YIKES!!!

Aubrey has been having a lot of problems with Dr's diagnosing her breathing problems. Basically a dr's job is to perscribe the newest drugs and if that doesn't work then they prescribe some other new drugs and if that doesn't work you get a second opinion.
 

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
6,143
0
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
YIKES!!!

Aubrey has been having a lot of problems with Dr's diagnosing her breathing problems. Basically a dr's job is to perscribe the newest drugs and if that doesn't work then they prescribe some other new drugs and if that doesn't work you get a second opinion.
Yeah, I went the same route Aubrey did for our similar problem. After a few visits and tests (which they rescheduled and didn't tell me), the dr. just gave me some antibiotics and essentially told me that my condition was no big deal.
 

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
16,673
446
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
stosh said:
so it's actually an infection you think... I don't even know who my primary physician is.
Well, I'm no Dr. but I was wheezing and making all sorts of crazy noises when I was trying to breath and that was my Dr.s opinion (not that he could give me anything being prego and whatnot).
 

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
16,673
446
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
McGRP01 said:
Morning. Not much to report here either. Just hung out at home last night with the fam and watched the Seahawks kick the snot out of the Eagles. :D Oh, and I have a question for you :monkey:'s... Does anyone know if you've lost your high-school diploma, can you contact the school and have them fax or mail something to verify that you graduated? I have no idea where mine is.... Thanks in advance and have a good day y'all! :thumb:
Yeah, you should be able to contact the school and they can send you a verification.
 

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
1,454
3
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Good Morning Stosh! :D

Got all of the Christmas shopping done this weekend....here is me assembling one of the gifts for one of Orven's nieces.



Other than that not much going on, except for work.

Have a good day everyone! :)
 

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
10,139
685
Bend, Oregon
Shyrmp said:
Good Morning Stosh! :D

Got all of the Christmas shopping done this weekend....here is me assembling one of the gifts for one of Orven's nieces.
Oh god, he didn't give you any pointers from his Toys-R-Us days did he?
 

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
16,673
446
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Shyrmp said:
Good Morning Stosh! :D

Got all of the Christmas shopping done this weekend....here is me assembling one of the gifts for one of Orven's nieces.

Other than that not much going on, except for work.

Have a good day everyone! :)
Hey there stranger! Looks like a great X-mas gift to me :thumb:
 

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
10,681
0
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Afternoon people.

Took an exam today. One down, maybe....9 to go? One more at 3:30 today, which is a throwaway exam.

I'm having trouble waking up lately. My body is up, but my mind just refuses to function before about 9:30. I need to eat better, methinks.
 

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
4,381
77
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
TreeSaw said:
Hey there stranger...how's your little boy doing?
The little guys is doing great. I can't tell you how wonderful it is having him. His jondise (sp) is almost gone. He is already up to 5oz of food per eating and he smiled for the fist time last night.

I was meaning to ask you, is this going to be your first kid?
 

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
16,673
446
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
MancilG said:
The little guys is doing great. I can't tell you how wonderful it is having him. His jondise (sp) is almost gone. He is already up to 5oz of food per eating and he smiled for the fist time last night.

I was meaning to ask you, is this going to be your first kid?
Yes, she is and I am SO excited. We finally decided on her first name (Sydney) and are working on her middle name. Her nursery is almost finished (just have to put the crib together) and I am getting anxious to have her home!!! You should be posting up some new pics of the little guy soon!!!
 

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
4,381
77
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
TreeSaw said:
Yes, she is and I am SO excited. We finally decided on her first name (Sydney) and are working on her middle name. Her nursery is almost finished (just have to put the crib together) and I am getting anxious to have her home!!! You should be posting up some new pics of the little guy soon!!!

Pictures coming soon, I am planning on uploading a few new ones tonight.

Our new Digital Camcorder will be here tonight so I will get to play with that as well FUN FUN
 

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
16,673
446
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
MancilG said:
Pictures coming soon, I am planning on uploading a few new ones tonight.

Our new Digital Camcorder will be here tonight so I will get to play with that as well FUN FUN
Nice! Which digital camcorder did you get? We just got a Samsung digital camcorder (& helmet cam attachment) and we're looking forward to video taping her antics!