Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody?

Another boring F'ing day at work...
So last night I was working on my home computer and I may have erased my whole F'ing Hard Drive minutes before I was about to back it up.

What an f'ing loss.
I'm so F'ing down about it today too.
That is just one more thing on my pile of schit to do this week.
Sorry i'm just venting...

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
No f'ing way?!?!!! That sucks, stosh.

Good f'ing day today. One day closer to a weeks vacation from the daily grind. Still haven't even cracked the surface on my f'ing Christmas shopping yet. Gotta take care of some bills this week, and let Wednesday's check take care of the shopping. Cutting it f'ing close this year, but everything this year seems to have taken more money ....where does it f'ing end??!!

Anyways....not to throw a bah-humbug on it all--I'm actually in a pretty good mood. Hope y'all have a good day today!!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I'm your ice cream man, stop me when I'm passing by
I'm your ice cream man, stop me when I'm passing by
They say all my flavors are guaranteed to satisfy

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
How the f' did you manage that, stosh?!

Doing my Christmas with Jenn tonight, so I'm excited to give her at least one of her presents :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
How the f' did you manage that, stosh?!

Doing my Christmas with Jenn tonight, so I'm excited to give her at least one of her presents :)
I have no F'ing CLUE!!

I was using my video capture card and I tried playing one of the videos after I had saved it. The computer locked up... I powered it off then when I came back on it said "unable to load OS"

This all happened just after I installed my new hard drive.
The last thing I was going to do yesterday was to move all my files over to the new hard drive, I was about 10min away from doing that.

I haven't been able to access the drive that crashed, I installing windows on the new drive in hopes that when I get home I'll be able to access the older (crashed) HD. Some initial indications are that the drive is totally empty.

Which present are you excited about.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Yo. In early today to try and get out early. Hopefully be out of here by noon - then no worky for me until the 3rd! :D I've got a 2400 km solo round trip thrown in there for good measure to go and see my 'rents, but I'm used to the trip so it shouldnt be too bad.

I think I finally found a pre-load adjuster knob for my fork - the guy from bikebasement.ca is going to mail me one - for FREE! :)

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Morning all, another night of unpacking, the house is looking like a house now... just little odds and ends to fix up for a bit. I have been to either home depot or lowes for the past 10 days. and still more to come

i am sooo happy I commute by bike especially today with the strike. although the traffic doesnt look so bad.. i am wondering if a lot of people just stayed home

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
stosh said:
I haven't been able to access the drive that crashed, I installing windows on the new drive in hopes that when I get home I'll be able to access the older (crashed) HD. Some initial indications are that the drive is totally empty.
Uh. Wow. I'm not sure I've ever seen that happen. I doubt I'd trust that drive again, try to get it warrentied.

Which present are you excited about.
:nope: Jenn is a member here, remember? :)

Suffice to say it's not her most expensive present but I enjoyed picking it out.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
Morning all, another night of unpacking, the house is looking like a house now... just little odds and ends to fix up for a bit. I have been to either home depot or lowes for the past 10 days. and still more to come

i am sooo happy I commute by bike especially today with the strike. although the traffic doesnt look so bad.. i am wondering if a lot of people just stayed home
It sounded bad on the radio, I saw signs on the highway even as far as up here about the strike.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
hey stosh, sorry to hear of yr drive woes...that sucks.

didn't do much last night. the wife went out w/ friends so i had the kids, and after putting them to bed i cooked up the leftover chicken drumsticks w/ some jerk sauce. watched a tiny bit of MNF and read some mags. boring night.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
Uh. Wow. I'm not sure I've ever seen that happen. I doubt I'd trust that drive again, try to get it warrentied.

:nope: Jenn is a member here, remember? :)

Suffice to say it's not her most expensive present but I enjoyed picking it out.
All of Aubrey's School work and all of our home photos were on there. The drive is a little over 1yr old.

I'm really sad about it today.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
stosh said:
All of Aubrey's School work and all of our home photos were on there. The drive is a little over 1yr old.

I'm really sad about it today.
That really sucks, man. Depending on how important it is to you, a data recovery service might be able to get them back. It won't be cheap, but photos aren't exactly a replacable item.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
That really sucks, man. Depending on how important it is to you, a data recovery service might be able to get them back. It won't be cheap, but photos aren't exactly a replacable item.
Yeah I know, do you know what that type of service costs?

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Morning everyone. Last night was Deschutes Brewery cheap beer night with some friends. Good thing I rode and got some exercise at lunch. :)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
stosh said:
Yeah I know, do you know what that type of service costs?
It varies wildly. Since your hard drive is functioning, it should be cheaper but these places charge $100+ per hour. Some places charge a diagnostic fee, too.

You're probably looking at $500 for a cheap place, upwards of a grand if there's something seriously wrong with your drive.

These guys did a job for a place I used to work but it was a pretty simple case and I really can't vouch for them outside of the fact that I know they're not a scam operation. $139/hour but no diagnostic fee.

You could download an undelete utility and have it examine the drive before spending a small fortune, though. The stuff might be there.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Hey Stosh. Damn the technology! I'm sorry to hear about that. Go listen to Mike Doughty. You'll feel better :)
Ya know, maybe I will.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
It varies wildly. Since your hard drive is functioning, it should be cheaper but these places charge $100+ per hour. Some places charge a diagnostic fee, too.

You're probably looking at $500 for a cheap place, upwards of a grand if there's something seriously wrong with your drive.

These guys did a job for a place I used to work but it was a pretty simple case and I really can't vouch for them outside of the fact that I know they're not a scam operation. $139/hour but no diagnostic fee.

You could download an undelete utility and have it examine the drive before spending a small fortune, though. The stuff might be there.
Ok cool maybe I'll download a program first.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Cheer up Stosh. Now you can start a new. (That's what I told myself when my drive crashed earlier this year.)

Sort of a crappy day around here. At work, a bunch of people's wallets were stolen from their offices yesterday. It sure would suck to have to get new credit cards, driver's licenses and other ID's the week before Christmas. 'Tis the season I guess.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
I have my pictures backed up on an external HD and on my regular HD, as well as (the important ones, like vacations) stored on webspace too.
I'm so F'ing happy for you.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Bummer Stosh, but today is looking up for me. I have something cool sitting behind me in my cubicle ...

It only took 5 days to get here from England. Now I will have a bike to take with me on my trip to Shreveport!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good f'n morning! Not too busy for me today, as the majority of my kids have forgotten that we have lessons after the concert. Oh well...lets me get a lot of other work done.

Stosh - I would try to get that harddrive warrantied...something doesn't sound right.

Hooples - let's see some more pics of the house!!!! ;)

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
TreeSaw said:
Hooples - let's see some more pics of the house!!!! ;)
yes mam!!! I need to get my home computer hooked up again to upload some photos!!
how are you feeling tree??? are you guys all set?