Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning~~

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Hope all of you had a great weekend and Happy New year!!!!!

I enjoyed a quiet evening at home to watch the ball drop with a few close friends.. then afterwards we went to party and stayed out a little to late. waking up was a little tough but i had to get my a$$ to Coney Island to jump into the atlantic with the poalr bear club. we call oursleves the polar beers and were feeling preety tipsy by the time we jumped in. not to worry though.. it sobers you right up. we like to swin for a bit while most people go in up to their knees and right out... actually i was in and out several times... it was actually a great day for a swim...

hope you all started the year off great!!! have a good day

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Happy tuesday.

Driving back into the frosty white north this afternoon, so vacation is officially over for me. Back to class again.

I'm sleepy and have had no caffiene this morning yet. I must remedy that situation.

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Good morning! First day back to work after 11 days off...:dead: I feel like it should have been 4pm an hour ago!

Oh well, it was a great vacaction. Pretty busy, flying up to NH and trying to see all of my family and friends, but definitely very fun, and I got some great stuff for Christmas. Finished up my med school application when I got back down here, and then spent a couple days just relaxing.

Thank goodness it's only a four-day week! Hope everyone else coming off a long weekend/week off is holding up! :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Sorry I'm late. I'm not at work. We got pounded with a HEAVY wet snow. I'll be working from home today.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin all. Just ordered a light (light an motion solo) and a trainer (minoura mag)... gotta figure out what's next on my list so I can start pestering you all with questions about it.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
jacksonpt said:
Mornin all. Just ordered a light (light an motion solo) and a trainer (minoura mag)... gotta figure out what's next on my list so I can start pestering you all with questions about it.
nice .. those lights are damn sweet!! but cant you just leave the living room light on when you ride the trainer???:rolleyes:

Happy New Year Jackson

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
hooples3 said:
nice .. those lights are damn sweet!! but cant you just leave the living room light on when you ride the trainer???:rolleyes:

Happy New Year Jackson
nope - trainer is goign in the basement... no lights down there yet.

HNY to you.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
robdamanii said:
I've found I actually like the tire drive quite a bit with my road bike. Glad I went with that one.
Cool... I'm hoping that's the case for me as well. Noise was my only real concern, but I would think with a slick road tire I should be ok.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
jacksonpt said:
Cool... I'm hoping that's the case for me as well. Noise was my only real concern, but I would think with a slick road tire I should be ok.
Those are very nice. I think you'll like it a lot.

Another day home today. My vacation keeps getting longer! Snow is pounding us down here and my power was out until about a half hour ago, which is bad for me because that means no water too and really bad for my two reptiles. They're currently baking under their heat lamps now. I wish I could join then because it's nasty out!

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
hooples3 said:
do you ski bluebug???? either that or invest in a snowmobile!!!
I XC ski. I might give that a try later. I like to go down large hills on them though and I've yet to locate them at my new apartment. My main concern is getting to the mailbox in time to send out the Netflix so the new ones come by the weekend :thumb:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
bluebug32 said:
Those are very nice. I think you'll like it a lot.

really bad for my two reptiles. They're currently baking under their heat lamps now.
I'm sure it will be fine. If I quit over-analyzing everything and just use the stuff I'm usually pretty happy.

What kind of reptiles do you have?

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
jacksonpt said:
I'm sure it will be fine. If I quit over-analyzing everything and just use the stuff I'm usually pretty happy.

What kind of reptiles do you have?
A Chinese Box Turtle (but I'm thoroughly convinced that nothingshort of a nuclear attack can kill her!) and a Leopard Gecko (I was more worried about him).

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
bluebug32 said:
A Chinese Box Turtle (but I'm thoroughly convinced that nothingshort of a nuclear attack can kill her!) and a Leopard Gecko (I was more worried about him).
Cool... I'm not much into turtles, but geckos can be cool - hat a fat tail in college, much more mellow than the typical leopard.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
johnbryanpeters said:
:think: I hope you folks are joking with all the <pick the narcotic of your choice> is da bomb comments.

They're OK for their intended purpose, but using them for recreation is about as dumb as, well, standing up in or on a pickup truck while it's moving.
Don't worry, voice of reason, when used for their intended purposes, these drugs are helpful in easing recovery. Other than some ibuprofen now and then, I enjoy my drug-free life. And I try to avoid pickup trucks. I'm more of a sedan kind of girl ;)

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Happy New Year monkies! :D

I'm still recovering from a cold/flu that kept me in bed for most of my holiday break....other than that just back at work trying to catch up on some stuff...not much else going on.

Have a good day everyone! :)

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
jacksonpt said:
well, I guess I was wrong. The trainer is an older model that, despite what their website says, they can't get anymore. Since I can get the light for cheaper elsewhere, I cancelled the entire order.

crap...

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
jacksonpt said:
well, I guess I was wrong. The trainer is an older model that, despite what their website says, they can't get anymore. Since I can get the light for cheaper elsewhere, I cancelled the entire order.

crap...
Good luck finding another one. I just bought my mom a wheel driven minoura off of Ebay. You can find them for a little over $100, or check the major bike site and then try to find a coupon. http://www.bikewebsite.com/Otherbikesources.htm

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon Monkeys! Had a nice 2 hour delay today so I got to play with the snowblower. :D Then, I made the mistake of mentioning that I was out snowblowing and got yelled at by Sq-Earl...whatever. It's less taxing to operate the snowblower than it is to go to work everyday ;)

Had meetings all day and now I am getting ready to teach some private lessons. Going out to dinner with the folks for their 30th anniversary tonight too so I don't even have to cook dinner. Now, if they'd just decide where they want to go we'd be all set.