Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I'm going f'ing snowboarding today. I cant' wait!! It's supposed to get into the upper 40's here. Should be nice and soft snow tonight!!!

What's everybody go f'ing planned for today?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
I might go skiing, if not I'll be at the gym

last night, I booked my airplane tics for AZ / 24 hours of old pueblo!!
*napoleon dynamite*

LUCKY...........

*napoleon dynamite*

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Mornin'

Another killer weather day here in central NC for January. A little bit cooler than Binary's end of the state, but still in the low 60's. Not bad, but I'm sure we're gonna pay dearly for it in the form of a February ice storm that wrecks every trail in sight for weeks. Boy....how's that for some optimistic thinking? :p

Got off work yesterday and hot-footed it out to the local spot for a 45-minute dirt moving session before darkness started to rear it ugly head. We added four new alternate lines to some existing trail on Sunday, and these are some of the sweetest ones yet. It's part pump-track, part stunts, part dirtjumps all on the same line with different options branching off and converging in different areas. It's all I can think about whenever my mind starts wandering here at work.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Morning. Monkeys..
why is it we tend to spend way too much money in Costco.... I couldnt even tell you what i bought!!!! and almost none of it was junk!!!

I just ordered some cold weather base layer pants /tops from Campmor.com. they have a nice sale going on.. lots of stuff 50% off!!! inckuding wicking under t's!!!!

i made up my mind to ride a lot more than usual this winter.... gotta kick it up a notch whether it be on the streets or trail!!

Have a great day

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Morning! Left work early yesterday to enjoy the beautiful weather down here. Can't wait till Friday, as I'll probably do the same! I tell you, the weather alone makes the move down here worthwhile. It's great not to be depressed about month after month of disgusting gray skies, snow, sleet, rain, cold... Anyway, bored at work so far, but hopefully things pick up. Enjoy! :)

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
antimony said:
Morning! Left work early yesterday to enjoy the beautiful weather down here. Can't wait till Friday, as I'll probably do the same! I tell you, the weather alone makes the move down here worthwhile. It's great not to be depressed about month after month of disgusting gray skies, snow, sleet, rain, cold... Anyway, bored at work so far, but hopefully things pick up. Enjoy! :)
Don't count on this weather being the norm throughout the rest of the winter. Having lived in Greenville for many years, I can honestly tell you that it isn't without its share of colder moments. Although you guys will stay significantly warmer than many areas of the state, this is pretty unusual for it to be this warm this deep into winter. Although.....given where you guys originated from, I can imagine anything is better than NH in winter. :p

P.S. tell your boyfriend that it won't kill him to dust that bike off and join us for a weekend ride sometime. We're not very far away at all.......:love:

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Morning monkeys. Spent part of this morning helping a co-worker try to use a device that records directly from the phone, but, in the end, there was an extra jack that didn't seem to fit anywhere. Why is it that Radio Shack can never give you quite what you need? I had the same thing happen with the converter they sold me for a trip to France. I got to Paris only to discover that the converter only worked in Russia. Bastards.

Narlus, I listened to the first 5 or so songs on your spin mix this morning. Good stuff. It takes me a while to get into the more techno/electronic stuff, but I recognized the Streets and I really liked that one in particular.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Greyhound said:
P.S. tell your boyfriend that it won't kill him to dust that bike off and join us for a weekend ride sometime. We're not very far away at all.......:love:
Certainly no more so than it would kill you to join us for a beer or three - and, of course, I'm sure you can enlighten us to some new watering holes - we're not very far away at all......:heart:

:D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
stosh said:
How is everybody today?

I'm going f'ing snowboarding today. I cant' wait!! It's supposed to get into the upper 40's here. Should be nice and soft snow tonight!!!

What's everybody go f'ing planned for today?
Upper 40's makes for soft snow? :think:

I thought *this* was soft snow:

J

JRB

Good f'n morning. Gonna be in the 50s here, but I am going for a ride and picking up Julie's new glider to sit with Caroline in.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning! I got a sweet Redbones t-shirt and CD's from narlus yesterday. I'll be very disappointed if he didn't include some Good Charlotte and Limp Bizkit on those CD's.

My old job officially gets posted internally today. It's going to be weird interviewing people to replace me.

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Greyhound said:
Although.....given where you guys originated from, I can imagine anything is better than NH in winter. :p

Yup...I will take anything over NH winter. Even if it does get cold, it doesn't get as cold, and it doesn't stay that way for months. Also, the sun sets later down here (about 1 hr) which makes a big difference for me to. I don't come home in the dark at night, which is great. :D

How far away are you from Greenville? I am up for a road trip...we haven't done much exciting lately. Any good restaurants/bars near you?

J

JRB

I Are Baboon said:
'Morning! I got a sweet Redbones t-shirt and CD's from narlus yesterday. I'll be very disappointed if he didn't include some Good Charlotte and Limp Bizkit on those CD's.

My old job officially gets posted internally today. It's going to be weird interviewing people to replace me.
I'll bet it's not as weird as having your position eliminated at 8:40 on Friday and filled by 9:00 on Friday. :mumble:

J

JRB

antimony said:
<snip>How far away are you from Greenville? I am up for a road trip...we haven't done much exciting lately. Any good restaurants/bars near you?
Are you hitting on him??? And so soon after BV turned Price down.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
binary visions said:
Certainly no more so than it would kill you to join us for a beer or three - and, of course, I'm sure you can enlighten us to some new watering holes - we're not very far away at all......:heart:

:D

Point well taken........I'm looking for any excuse to visit Greenville. The wife is dying to take a tour as well--she's heard so many stupid stories from my time there. I'm going to make it a personal mission to carve out a weekend in the next month to get down there for a BV meet-and-greet!! :p

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
loco said:
Are you hitting on him??? And so soon after BV turned Price down.

Ha!! ....Hitting on me? Remember folks, I'm just Joe Redneck.....unless she's blowing smoke from a Marlboro Light in my face and wearing stirrup pants and jelly shoes with a Tweety Bird T-shirt, I wouldn't get the message. :p

....Stirrup pants and jelly-shoes.....I kill me! :blah:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good morning! Pretty quiet day again here at school as the kids are all doing the NYS ELA testing. I had an amusing ride in this AM. The truck in front of me nearly hit a crazed cow...he was foaming at the mouth and running around crazy. He pulls over and jumps out of his truck and goes running up to the house to see if anyone is home. Meanwhile the cow is trotting between my car and the others on the road. Some dumb lady behind me starts trying to go around me and beeping her horn which of course agitates the cow more and he heads her way. Quite fun...sat there for a few minutes until I could get going again and was quite amused by the whole scene. You have to love living in the country.

Anyway, tonight is our local bike club meeting and I have lessons so I am not sure if I will be making it or not. Other than that, not too much else planned. Packed the baby's hospital bag last night and will put mine together tonight.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning! Another day with not much to report. Today is my Friday though, so that's a plus. I miss riding my bike. Things have been crazy lately getting ready for the baby, 99% of my friends are fair-weather riders and I'm not a big fan of riding alone. :( It sucks. Maybe I can get out for a road ride on one of my days off. :think:

Have a good day y'all! :)

Baby countdown: 1 week! :love:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
afternoon. backlog of emails and crap after being out sick yesterday. baboon, enjoy the cds and shirt, just a little something for going above/beyond the call of duty for landing that Toronado shirt last year.

:thumb:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
McGRP01 said:
Morning! Another day with not much to report. Today is my Friday though, so that's a plus. I miss riding my bike. Things have been crazy lately getting ready for the baby, 99% of my friends are fair-weather riders and I'm not a big fan of riding alone. :( It sucks. Maybe I can get out for a road ride on one of my days off. :think:

Have a good day y'all! :)

Baby countdown: 1 week! :love:
:( Fair weather riders!!! I wish I could go riding with you :( I will talk to Earl...maybe he would like to get out and hit the trails. He has Friday off too!!!

Andy_B

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
whereabouts unknown
Morningish` all

Not much on this end. It 40deg. today and sunny... It will be dark when I get out of work, so i think ill hit the gym or the slopes tonight.