Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
HOw is everybody today?

It's another cold F'ing day here today.
Went to the spin class last night, It's funny how some days there can be 2 people in class and last night I had to scramble to get a F'ing bike.

Anyway hope ya all have a great F'ing day!!!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning!

Had the day off yesterday - went sledding with Laura and her girls and Liam and Connor. Windy as hell, but really fast sledding conditions! :thumb:

Had a hockey game last night - we tied 2-2 and I had a goal and an assist. I wish I could play more often. Hockey is just such a blast!! Still my favorite sport. :cool:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Morning!

Had the day off yesterday - went sledding with Laura and her girls and Liam and Connor. Windy as hell, but really fast sledding conditions! :thumb:

Had a hockey game last night - we tied 2-2 and I had a goal and an assist. I wish I could play more often. Hockey is just such a blast!! Still my favorite sport. :cool:
You're playing hockey again? Thats awesome man! I must have missed that part!!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning everyone. Had a nice long weekend, got a whole lot done yesterday - cleaned the apartment, pulled everything out of the big storage closet and reorganized to make a lot of room, and (hopefully) got the situation resolved with our upstairs neighbor.

Promptly passed out on the sofa at about 6:30, but hey, I'm entitled :p

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Back to work after a long weekend (which pretty much kicked ass). Friday night I did my first night ride. Not only is night riding a ton of fun, it's also nice to be able to extend the day and get in a ride after work.

Saturday I got a new pool table... New to me at least. It's an older burnswick (9' competition table) that is in great condition. It was free to me as long as I moved it. That was a bear, but me and a buddy managed to get it moved in about 2 hours. It's currently sitting in my basement in pieces. I'm going to refinish a couple of pieces, but the slate, bumpers, and rails are in excellent shape. I can't wait to get it put back together and finally be playing on a regulation sized table again... no more of the 7' crap for me!

Sunday I checked out some new trails near my house. Riding was damn near impossible, but they looked to be great hiking trails. I'll check them out again in the spring when conditions are a little better.

Yesterday I started off with my first real session on the trainer. Did 30 minutes and worked up a hell of a sweat. Felt really good and wasn't as boring as I was expecting. In the afternoon we moved some furniture around to make our family room more appealing when we show the house. I also did some rewiring of the satelite/home theater so now I can watch TV in the basement without having to activate a 3rd DirecTV box (which there is a monthly charge for).

All in all, it was a great weekend.

Now I have to finish the arrangements for my wife's 30th birthday bash/gift.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
busy settling my end of a cdr trade (mailing out live Giant Sand bootlegs to Germany and New Zealand) last night (btw bluebug, yr disc is in that mail parcel)...tonight, spin class. after that, i need to strategize for boys' weekend as my wife leaves for Italy tomorrow @ 5PM.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning!! I worked out last night then ran on the treadmill for 30 minutes. It felt good to work out after a five day hiatus (I've been busy). Got a deck hockey game tonight. I'm in kind of a scoring funk....one goal in my last five games. I'm funny like that. At least we're winning.

MMcG said:
Good job. WOO HOO!

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
good morning monkeys!!!
i had a fun weekend, sorta.. i had to work at sat day and wound up doing a whole buch of iron work and welding. I dont usually get to weld so the day went by quickly. sunday i worked in the bike shop.. considering it was so damn cold it was actually very busy... i was also scoping out some lights i might grab.
monday i wanted to ride a little so I got up early and headed to small trails in Staten Island. i love the sound of tires breaking through ice puddles!!!!. it felt good just to be outside.
last week I purchased a windproof baclava from performance... it worked like a charm on monday!!!! it was thin enough to be under my helmet and warm enough not to need a hat!!! well worth the $15!!!!

anyways enjoy the day!!!!

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Good morning. Didn't have a long weekend, but the weekend I had consisted of some bike building (check Rob's thread). I ran into some problems with my fork, however, and the project hit a brick wall when I realized that the only way to have my new Kikapu is with a new fork. Luckily Rob was looking for an idea for an anniversary present, so I'm in the process of getting a Rock Shoxx Reba racing fork. Should be nice! I can't wait to finish :thumb:

Narlus, thanks for the disc. Is there anything you would like me to send you?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh.

Back to work after a long weekend (which pretty much kicked ass). Friday night I did my first night ride. Not only is night riding a ton of fun, it's also nice to be able to extend the day and get in a ride after work.

Saturday I got a new pool table... New to me at least. It's an older burnswick (9' competition table) that is in great condition. It was free to me as long as I moved it. That was a bear, but me and a buddy managed to get it moved in about 2 hours. It's currently sitting in my basement in pieces. I'm going to refinish a couple of pieces, but the slate, bumpers, and rails are in excellent shape. I can't wait to get it put back together and finally be playing on a regulation sized table again... no more of the 7' crap for me!

Sunday I checked out some new trails near my house. Riding was damn near impossible, but they looked to be great hiking trails. I'll check them out again in the spring when conditions are a little better.

Yesterday I started off with my first real session on the trainer. Did 30 minutes and worked up a hell of a sweat. Felt really good and wasn't as boring as I was expecting. In the afternoon we moved some furniture around to make our family room more appealing when we show the house. I also did some rewiring of the satelite/home theater so now I can watch TV in the basement without having to activate a 3rd DirecTV box (which there is a monthly charge for).

All in all, it was a great weekend.

Now I have to finish the arrangements for my wife's 30th birthday bash/gift.
Sweet! I am glad you enjoyed your night ride.

We too would love to have a pool table in the basement :drool:

I don't have too much trouble being bored on the trainer, but I also watch TV.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Had a nice day off yesterday. Got some more things organized around the house, sorted through some laundry (anxiously awaiting my new dryer). Managed to cook a good homemade dinner (au gratin potatos with diced ham and a spinach salad on the side) and relax after spinning for almost 30 minutes! I've been going through the digital photos on my harddrive and organizing them as well so I should be ready to burn some Photo DVDs in the next day or so. Testing for my middle schooler's this week so I should have a light week again which is nice. I am actually taking Thursday off and a half day tomorrow to do some errands (my room is being used for testing so I can't teach anyway). Looks like this week may go by fast!

Baby countdown: 12 days :D

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
btw jackson, good score on the 9' table...our room could only manage an 8' one.

pet peeve - people only knowing 'bar room' pool rules (ie, the concept of "ball in hand" is totally foreign to them).

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
narlus said:
btw jackson, good score on the 9' table...our room could only manage an 8' one.

pet peeve - people only knowing 'bar room' pool rules (ie, the concept of "ball in hand" is totally foreign to them).
yea, I can't wait. Initially it's going to have to go in a room that's a hair too small for it, but eventually it will end up in a room designed for it.

Yea, I hear ya about bar room rules. That's part of the reason I've gotten out of playing 8 ball or 9 ball. I play a lot of one pocket - now that's a nice game.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good F'ing morning....

I've been a busy little beaver and was in to work at 5:45 this a.m. Things are f'ing chugging along quickly, but I've run into an interesting conundrum. I was told by one of my bosses yesterday that I would need to take over the scheduling of our trucking dept. No problem---quite a bit of extra work, but nothing impossible to handle....the onion of it is the guy that's currently taking care of these duties isn't exactly willing to give that up without a struggle. I came in early today to get things organized for just such a transition and had a whole delivery schedule mapped out for the day. No dice, yo. He comes in and completely re-arranges everything I had done to subtly let me know that relenquishing that much control over something apparently is damaging to his ego or something. Pssssshhht.....whatever. All I know is when the big man gets in later today, he gonna flip his wig when he finds out things weren't implemented the way he wanted them to be---and I'm gonna straight up point to the other guy and aviod the shrapnel.

Totally cool moment yesterday afternoon: I met up with some good friends who were riding out at my trails after work, and they presented me with two brand new shovels they had purchased as a donation to the building effort. They were tired of seeing me huffing trailwork out with ghetto equipment. Isn't that awesome? That's good karma right there.....

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
TreeSaw said:
Had a nice day off yesterday. Got some more things organized around the house, sorted through some laundry (anxiously awaiting my new dryer). Managed to cook a good homemade dinner (au gratin potatos with diced ham and a spinach salad on the side) and relax after spinning for almost 30 minutes! I've been going through the digital photos on my harddrive and organizing them as well so I should be ready to burn some Photo DVDs in the next day or so. Testing for my middle schooler's this week so I should have a light week again which is nice. I am actually taking Thursday off and a half day tomorrow to do some errands (my room is being used for testing so I can't teach anyway). Looks like this week may go by fast!

Baby countdown: 12 days :D

Did you get the Duet?

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Good Morning Stosh! :D

Took yesterday off from work and went to the doctor's, just to find out I have bronchitis..yay! :dead:

Spent the weekend up in Fontana taking pictures of the race since I was too sick to give it a go. I quickly realized I need a lot more practice time with the new camera, but it was a fun time anyway.

Some of my favorites...local San Diego Junior Expert rider

Some riders love to get up close and personal

Lovebunny submitting his application to be sponsored by Calvin Klein in 2006 :p

I have a lot of catching up to do at work. Have a good day monkies! :)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Reactor said:
Did you get the Duet?
No :( We ended up with a Whirlpool but I don't remember the model. It's quite nice. I think we would have gone with the duet if we were buying both washer & dryer and hadn't spent so much the night before on our new living room furniture.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Shyrmp said:
Good Morning Stosh! :D

Took yesterday off from work and went to the doctor's, just to find out I have bronchitis..yay! :dead:

Spent the weekend up in Fontana taking pictures of the race since I was too sick to give it a go. I quickly realized I need a lot more practice time with the new camera, but it was a fun time anyway.
Feel better soon! Nice pics!

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
narlus said:
shrymp, nice pics. what'd you decide for lenses?
The pics I took this weekend were with the kit lens. I ordered a 50mm prime lens which should be arriving this week, and I'm still deciding what zoom lenses to add to my arsenal :devil:

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Long weekend for me, but spent it doing absolutely nothing fun (housework, yardwork). :(

I almost installed a King headset in my new frame with my "ghetto-press," but had second thoughts and took it to the LBS. They faced the headtube and pressed the cups, but when I really looked at it at home, I found the bottom cup was a little crooked (only contacting face on one side). Ended up taking it out and reinstalling it with the ghetto-press. Oh well. I'm glad I got it faced.

narlus said:
...the concept of "ball in hand" is totally foreign to them.
I think he's talking about actual billiards, not pocket pool. :D

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
BikeGeek said:
Long weekend for me, but spent it doing absolutely nothing fun (housework, yardwork). :(

I almost installed a King headset in my new frame with my "ghetto-press," but had second thoughts and took it to the LBS. They faced the headtube and pressed the cups, but when I really looked at it at home, I found the bottom cup was a little crooked (only contacting face on one side). Ended up taking it out and reinstalling it with the ghetto-press. Oh well. I'm glad I got it faced.
The inbred is coming together I see! What parts do you need to acquire still? A wheelset?

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
MMcG said:
The inbred is coming together I see! What parts do you need to acquire still? A wheelset?
Fork, crank (I'm thinking Eno), BB, wheels/tires.

I actually have the hubs (Hope XC f, Nashbar (Novatec) SS r), I just have to get the wheels built.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
BikeGeek said:
Fork, crank (I'm thinking Eno), BB, wheels/tires.

I actually have the hubs (Hope XC f, Nashbar (Novatec) SS r), I just have to get the wheels built.

Can't wait to see this sucker all built up!!! On One Fork? Pace Carbon Rigid? Custom Steel rigid? Karate Monkey fork? What's it gonna be sir?

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
MMcG said:
Can't wait to see this sucker all built up!!! On One Fork? Pace Carbon Rigid? Custom Steel rigid? Karate Monkey fork? What's it gonna be sir?
I'm starting with the On-One rigid. The price is right and I've read many reports of how well it rides. The Pace is sweet, but I'd need to ride one before dropping that much $. KM might be a little sketchy I think. The Inbred is setup for 100mm and I think the KM fork is corrected for 80mm.

I almost picked up some American classic hubs, but read quite a few poor reviews. I guess the bearings in them are crap. Replaceable, but at that price they shouldn't have to be.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
BikeGeek said:
I'm starting with the On-One rigid. The price is right and I've read many reports of how well it rides. The Pace is sweet, but I'd need to ride one before dropping that much $. KM might be a little sketchy I think. The Inbred is setup for 100mm and I think the KM fork is corrected for 80mm.

I almost picked up some American classic hubs, but read quite a few poor reviews. I guess the bearings in them are crap. Replaceable, but at that price they shouldn't have to be.
I think the On One fork is a great way to go.

I'm jonesin to see the drawings and specs that Brant is cooking up for the 16" Inbred 29er. If they are right, and I can get a reasonable price for my KM frame, I'll switch over to the Inbred too - the sliding dropouts just make way more sense than the KM's horizontal dropouts.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
MMcG said:
the sliding dropouts just make way more sense than the KM's horizontal dropouts.
I understand the benefit of horizontal dropouts for a SS... what's a sliding dropout? are you running the bike as a SS or geared?