Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
hooples3 said:
i claim zero dependants and with some creative tax maneuvers i usually get about $4500 back. My wife gets about $3500 back. we would never have saved that if we didnt do it this way.. it would have been spent. this year it should be even more with the house we bought!!
Let me get this straight. You and your wife voluntarily let the government keep $8000 of your money? That's $615/month. Couldn't you just stick it in a money market account & earn 2-3% at least? Control, man, control. :p

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
SkaredShtles said:
You keep bumping up your dependents on your W2 until you're around break even.
Ahh, gotcha.

Well, my deductions weren't/aren't necessarily predictable like that so I'll just stick to getting my refund back at the end of the year :)

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
SkaredShtles said:
Let me get this straight. You and your wife voluntarily let the government keep $8000 of your money? That's $615/month. Couldn't you just stick it in a money market account & earn 2-3% at least? Control, man, control. :p
no i they dont take that much... that is after "creative manuevers" from the accountant... i make a ton of Overtime during the year.. $25- $35,000 extra.. so on my paychecks they tax me in a higher tax bracket.. taking more taxes out.. at the end of the year i get it back... i know ..@% blah blah blah... if i had it in my check i would never save it

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
SkaredShtles said:
Control, man..... control....... :p
yeah yeah yeah but every year the tax they take out is different so it would be near impossible to figure out... it would really $uck to owe $1000 at the end of the year.. i see it as forced savings

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
yo monkeys. the wife returned from itlay, and the kids were happy to see her. i was just about done reading their last story when we heard the garage door open, so they were up for another 45 min. it's good to have another adult in the house to help w/ the madness...single parents have a tough existence, that's for sure.

went to bed early (MMcG and Douglas are right, that snow was heavy) and am feeling good for tonight's spin class.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Done with class for today, I have some tires that should be arriving today, and I'm about to head out to the hardware store then to work on a stunt. Things are looking good.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
brungeman said:
morning all... frost on the windshield but nothing on the ground... I have had to cancel 2 of our local ski/board trips for my students ski club... lack of snow sucks for skiing, and the warm temps feel good while riding but make for a messy bike afterwards!!!

Stosh, you asked where from yesterday... Pittsburgh.

Treesaw, your not far from the VT border eh? I love VT... we pass right by you when I take our ski club to Stowe every year. Unfortunately, this year it looks like it will fall prey to a lack of interest!!! which sucks for me...
I actually read that yesterday. you ever come out to NY?

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
City or state?

My Aunt and Uncle live on W. 69'th a half block off Central Park, and I go to visit them usually once a year... I also have a good friend living in the Prospect Park area of Brooklyn who I don't get out to see enough!!!

As for upstate NY, I get upto the Syracuse, Fulton, Binghamton area 1-2 times a year.

Where exactly are you located?

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
brungeman said:
City or state?

My Aunt and Uncle live on W. 69'th a half block off Central Park, and I go to visit them usually once a year... I also have a good friend living in the Prospect Park area of Brooklyn who I don't get out to see enough!!!

As for upstate NY, I get upto the Syracuse, Fulton, Binghamton area 1-2 times a year.

Where exactly are you located?
I work right near prospect park/park slope. and i live in dyker heights Brooklyn

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
That (Prospect Park) IMO, could be the nicest area of the Greater NYC area... with all the bodegas and small AFORDABLE (yeah you read it) AFORDABLE places to eat... plus proximity to culture etc.!!! I love that area!!!

I am going to see my friend this weekend cause he is coming back to the Burgh for a wedding we are in!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good afternoon monkeys!
Still no baby for me :( I even tried to help the process along by shoveling my walk yesterday (and getting yelled at by Sq-Earl because I did so :rolleyes: )
Had a nice day today...now I am killing time until a quick meeting afterschool. Then I will head home, teach a couple of lessons and hopefully have a baby ;)

Crashby - :thumb: AWESOME job on the attic!

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
TreeSaw said:
Good afternoon monkeys!
Still no baby for me :( I even tried to help the process along by shoveling my walk yesterday (and getting yelled at by Sq-Earl because I did so :rolleyes: )
Had a nice day today...now I am killing time until a quick meeting afterschool. Then I will head home, teach a couple of lessons and hopefully have a baby ;)

Crashby - :thumb: AWESOME job on the attic!
You know, I've heard from other mothers-to-be that certain....actions....performed in certain....positions.....will speed the little lady along.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
TreeSaw said:
Really :devil: Well, I am always up for something new and exciting! :p
in your situation, well, i can't speak for the exciting part, but i would hope it's not new. or could this be of the immaculate kind? :)

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
robdamanii said:
You know, I've heard from other mothers-to-be that certain....actions....performed in certain....positions.....will speed the little lady along.
yessum, it's true.

or, um... so I've heard.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Chinese food with the hot mustard for eggrolls, worked for Bek, and my freind went into labor by eating a California roll with extra Wasabi!!! but the others have definately hit upon something that sounds like more fun...

or... howabout, Sushi, then :love: o boy :devil: yes, ahh :evil:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
robdamanii... TOOO F'N funny!!! that is the best negotiating tactic... ask for the sky... 4 times a night!!! and hope you atleast get 4 times a month!!! BWAHAHA

then again with Bluebug32's reaction to my post maybe I am the only one in that party!!!:nopity: BWAHAHA