Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Got my F'ing snowboard in the car, my F'ing a$$ hurts from Spin class last night.
It's going to be a nice F'ing day out today too.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - we gout our asses handed to us at hockey last night. We lost 6-1 and we only had 8 guys show up. If we had a couple more key guys we could have beaten the other team. Frustrating when that happens (key guys don't show up).

Skated my ass off, so that was good for the legs and the lungs, but had another flare up of angioedema while I slept. I have to remember to pop a zyrtec following heavy exercise to see if that helps combat these flare ups that happen after a heavy workout, hockey game, or bike ride.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning!!! Man, I feel much better today, now that I've shaken off that post-Super Bowl sluggishness.

I had a good workout last night, then spent a few hours cooking meals and stuff. Got a deck hockey game tonight. I'm struggling this season...I have not had multiple points in a game in eight straight games. Stupid!

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
Been up since 1am due to a coworker calling me and asking stupid questions, back hurts, baby crying and I am going for a road ride when the baby sitter gets here. Oh yeah, it's my last day, off too....dammit

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
hey -

went into town last night, but hit the rowing machine 1st. had some indian food (hmmm.....goat curry) and then went around the corner to redbones, to say goodbye to Z and Pete (longtime NEMBA people) who are off to the smoggy LA.

the only bummer is that my wife either had a bum meal (veggie biryani) or the flu, because she puked a few times and feels like crap today.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Pretty fuggin busy around here. Teachers all assign homework due on the same day so it forces me to budget my time. I am probably one of the very few college students who is not forced to get up at 6 am but does anyway.

Got some ice skates over the weekend. 23 bucks for a decent enough pair of Bauers at Olympia. Should prove to be rather fun.

Hopefully I can get out for a ride tomorrow, that is if I finish the daunting pile of homework I have.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
spin class last night, tough but real fun.

was going to look at a house(flip) tonight but I think after 3 days on the market its sold alrerady

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
spin class last night, tough but real fun.

was going to look at a house(flip) tonight but I think after 3 days on the market its sold alrerady
I noticed my HR was high for the whole class. I sit around all day and then I go to spin class, my HR can't stabilize it seems. Any suggestions?

I've been going regularly and I spend about 10min warming up before class.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Good f'ing morning.

Got my new f'ing speakers yesterday - they happened to go on sale so I snatched 'em up. Don't have the rest of the stereo components yet, though, so they've been relegated to the f'ing closet for the time being.

Can't believe I paid for cheap, 7-10 day ground shipping and they got here in two f'ing days.

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
Went to my orthopedist yesterday for my bi-lateral shoulder instability (translation - both my shoulders friggin hurt).. x-rays came out OK, so back to physical therapy I go... It might be a mostly road bike season for me :angry:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
Good f'ing morning.

Got my new f'ing speakers yesterday - they happened to go on sale so I snatched 'em up. Don't have the rest of the stereo components yet, though, so they've been relegated to the f'ing closet for the time being.

Can't believe I paid for cheap, 7-10 day ground shipping and they got here in two f'ing days.
You're the only person who understands "F'ing Tuesday"!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Crashby said:
Went to my orthopedist yesterday for my bi-lateral shoulder instability (translation - both my shoulders friggin hurt).. x-rays came out OK, so back to physical therapy I go... It might be a mostly road bike season for me :angry:
That sucks man! Roads suck!!!

Aubrey (my fiancee) found out she needs to get her Tonsiles taken out. Thats what we'll be doing for her spring break! Recovery time is 10 days.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
stosh said:
I noticed my HR was high for the whole class. I sit around all day and then I go to spin class, my HR can't stabilize it seems. Any suggestions?

I've been going regularly and I spend about 10min warming up before class.

how high? 150? 160? 170?

and isnt that the point of class, to keep your HR up?

or is it that it doesnt drop down during recovery spinning?

my HR doesnt seem to get as high as most peoples does, (not sure if thats good or bad, or maybe I just dont push myself enough) last night's class, I saw 130 up to 171...most times at 150, and everyone that takes that spin class says its the toughest class they ever been to.

I know one dude mentioned he saw 189

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
My, how f'ing quickly some traditions are forgotten.

It's f'ing sad, really, it is.
Yeah... good old Mrbigisbud started that one because Tuesday is the day you get the most work done, supposedly... anyway.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
how high? 150? 160? 170?

and isnt that the point of class, to keep your HR up?

or is it that it doesnt drop down during recovery spinning?

my HR doesnt seem to get as high as most peoples does, (not sure if thats good or bad, or maybe I just dont push myself enough) last night's class, I saw 130 up to 171...most times at 150, and everyone that takes that spin class says its the toughest class they ever been to.

I know one dude mentioned he saw 189
I hit 180 at one point.

Most of the time it was around 170 +/- 5

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Are Baboon said:
'Morning!!! Man, I feel much better today, now that I've shaken off that post-Super Bowl sluggishness.

I had a good workout last night, then spent a few hours cooking meals and stuff. Got a deck hockey game tonight. I'm struggling this season...I have not had multiple points in a game in eight straight games. Stupid!

You need someone to feed you the ball/puck/biscuit! :)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
stosh said:
are you saying you can't recover?

sounds like you need to build yr fitness base a bit more. do longer, less strenuous session for a while, rather than redlining on intervals (which is kinda how spin classes are mostly set up).

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
A technique I set up when I was 10 playing indoor soccer, I would just stand by the opponents goal and wait till the ball came near then kick it it. It required minimal running and I was the team high scorer till I turned 11 and the imposed off sides rules on the game.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:
I'm just a very streaky player. Last season, everything I shot went into the net. This season...not so much. I'll break out of it. At least we're winning. The last time I struggled like this, we went 1-9-2.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
stosh, your max heart rate, and therefore your percentage at any given level of effort, are basically related to your age. For instance since I'm old as dirt, my max is about 181. Yours is probably more like 195. So for a 90% effort, I'm looking at about 163, you're probably looking at more like 170. The more you work out in your anarobic zone, the more quickly you will recover from intervals. There is a sh!t-ton of info on the intarweb about this, it's good stuff to read up on.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
stosh, your max heart rate, and therefore your percentage at any given level of effort, are basically related to your age. For instance since I'm old as dirt, my max is about 181. Yours is probably more like 195. So for a 90% effort, I'm looking at about 163, you're probably looking at more like 170. The more you work out in your anarobic zone, the more quickly you will recover from intervals. There is a sh!t-ton of info on the intarweb about this, it's good stuff to read up on.
Yeah I understand max hear rate and how it's based on your age.
I'm such a novice at all of this that the amount of information out there is overwhelming. I'm not entirely sure where to start.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
stosh said:
Yeah I understand max hear rate and how it's based on your age.
I'm such a novice at all of this that the amount of information out there is overwhelming. I'm not entirely sure where to start.
Yeah it's a bit daunting at first. Just read up on whatever specific aspect is currently bugging you. Work with what you learn until it makes sense as applied to your personal physiology. Then find something new. As far as your original statement that your HR was up the whole spin class, that's the idea!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Good F'ing Morning all,
blew off work today to go down to the Steelers parade. figure when I was a kid in the 70's I didn't get to see any of this stuff, and living through the 80's with the crapiest teams... this is a reward...

Have a great day I will check back with you monkeys in a bit!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
Yeah it's a bit daunting at first. Just read up on whatever specific aspect is currently bugging you. Work with what you learn until it makes sense as applied to your personal physiology. Then find something new. As far as your original statement that your HR was up the whole spin class, that's the idea!
Last night was the first night I used a HRM so it was the first time I had a true understanding of what was going on.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Morning Monkeys
f'ing f'ing f'ing f'ing f'ing. please feel free to place them where ever you want!!!!
Not too much going on .. yesterday was a anotyher day of training... so far its going well, i feel stronger and not so tired suprisingly.. I am easily doing over 100 miles a week on the bike.. im just hoping weather lets me continue, i dont mind the cold.. but rain/snow is rough. im assuming it will all pay off come spring time.
work has been busy, they are trying to pave in 25 deg weather.. and then they want to know whats wrong with our material... seriously, they are brainless, and I get to deal with them.
Stosh one trick ive used to recover my heart rate is concentrate on breathing insead of the effort.. a lot of ppl hold there breathe unconciously , or dont have a breathing pattern that causes the HR to sky rocket.

Have a great F'ing day

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
brungeman said:
Good F'ing Morning all,
blew off work today to go down to the Steelers parade. figure when I was a kid in the 70's I didn't get to see any of this stuff, and living through the 80's with the crapiest teams... this is a reward...

Have a great day I will check back with you monkeys in a bit!!!
I thought they won in 1980?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
Morning Monkeys
f'ing f'ing f'ing f'ing f'ing. please feel free to place them where ever you want!!!!
Not too much going on .. yesterday was a anotyher day of training... so far its going well, i feel stronger and not so tired suprisingly.. I am easily doing over 100 miles a week on the bike.. im just hoping weather lets me continue, i dont mind the cold.. but rain/snow is rough. im assuming it will all pay off come spring time.
work has been busy, they are trying to pave in 25 deg weather.. and then they want to know whats wrong with our material... seriously, they are brainless, and I get to deal with them.
Stosh one trick ive used to recover my heart rate is concentrate on breathing insead of the effort.. a lot of ppl hold there breathe unconciously , or dont have a breathing pattern that causes the HR to sky rocket.

Have a great F'ing day
I was trying to be more conscious of my breating yesterday.

J

JRB

Good f'n morning. Didn't do an f'n thing last night. Well actually, I took pics of the cranks, but was too f'n lazy to download the pics, so Julie is going to do it and email them to me. I'll email the f'n things to you when she gets up and I have them. I also called f'n dh_girlie, since she never called back from Christmas, when I called to wish her a merry one. Anyway - she called back after work and caught me up. F'n Internet police are monitoring things, so she is laying low. Seems like the right thing to do. :think: Bumper sticker version is - she is f'n boarding a lot. She sold that beautiful f'n V10 and put the proceeds to a new snow board and a new wake board. She was bummed to sell it, but didn't ride it much at all since the hand injury. Well - she says she misses kickin' some of the monkeys here in the nuts and sends regards. She plans to drink a few and check in. She did mention that she couldn't give a rats ass about Stinkyboy, but was sad to know that DRB flew the coupe. She also didn't believe that Skaredsh*thead actually went skiing.

*she actually said she would email Stinky back soon, and felt bad for not doing so sooner.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I found out I will be making a road trip to Atlanta for a concert.

Sun is out. Good day.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
stosh said:
Last night was the first night I used a HRM so it was the first time I had a true understanding of what was going on.
When I first started using the HRM I found the opposite. I found that if I didn't concentrate on keeping the HR up, I would get lazy and it would drop. I've gotten WAY better workouts using the HRM and I'm in way better shape for Old Pueblo than I ever was before. I figure based on Murphy's Law, I'm in for a bunch of mechanicals this year. Bottom line is, using an HRM gives you and objective measurement of your effort, rather than the subjective measurement of how "tired" you are.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
loco said:
Good f'n morning. Didn't do an f'n thing last night. Well actually, I took pics of the cranks, but was too f'n lazy to download the pics, so Julie is going to do it and email them to me. I'll email the f'n things to you when she gets up and I have them. I also called f'n dh_girlie, since she never called back from Christmas, when I called to wish her a merry one. Anyway - she called back after work and caught me up. F'n Internet police are monitoring things, so she is laying low. Seems like the right thing to do. :think: Bumper sticker version is - she is f'n boarding a lot. She sold that beautiful f'n V10 and put the proceeds to a new snow board and a new wake board. She was bummed to sell it, but didn't ride it much at all since the hand injury. Well - she says she misses kickin' some of the monkeys here in the nuts and sends regards. She plans to drink a few and check in. She did mention that she couldn't give a rats ass about Stinkyboy, but was sad to know that DRB flew the coupe. She also didn't believe that Skaredsh*thead actually went skiing.

*she actually said she would email Stinky back soon, and felt bad for not doing so sooner.

You actually call people to talk about what happens on the internet?:rolleyes:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
When I first started using the HRM I found the opposite. I found that if I didn't concentrate on keeping the HR up, I would get lazy and it would drop. I've gotten WAY better workouts using the HRM and I'm in way better shape for Old Pueblo than I ever was before. I figure based on Murphy's Law, I'm in for a bunch of mechanicals this year. Bottom line is, using an HRM gives you and objective measurement of your effort, rather than the subjective measurement of how "tired" you are.
It's funny because when I use the elipticals I have to work to keep my HR up but when I'm in cycling class I have to try to keep it down.