Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

J

JRB

Westy said:
You actually call people to talk about what happens on the internet?:rolleyes:
Believe it or not, some of us do care what happens to other people here. That may seem weird to you, but there are several people here that I could meet in person and immediately take off like we have been friends for years. You do know that these messages aren't computer generated right??? F'n dummy.

*edit - the call was to make sure that Lisa is ok. Remember when she was very ill??? I do, and wanted to make sure it was just the man keeping her down.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
loco said:
She also didn't believe that Skaredsh*thead actually went skiing.
Unless he posts visual confirmation of this nipple deep BS, well it's like a Stoney thread...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
You actually call people to talk about what happens on the internet?:rolleyes:
I was a little struck by the fact that he called DHG. But it's funny that he called people anyway. I always feel weird talking about Internet stuff outside of the internet.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Echo said:
When I first started using the HRM I found the opposite. I found that if I didn't concentrate on keeping the HR up, I would get lazy and it would drop. I've gotten WAY better workouts using the HRM and I'm in way better shape for Old Pueblo than I ever was before. I figure based on Murphy's Law, I'm in for a bunch of mechanicals this year. Bottom line is, using an HRM gives you and objective measurement of your effort, rather than the subjective measurement of how "tired" you are.
yeah.. actually at this point I could just about tell what my HR is by the effort and my breathing.... its a great tool to let you know when your not pushing hard enough... or when your going to hard... either way i like having it

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Who can f'ing forget something as cool as f'ing Tuesday?

My f'ing morning is going well.....just downed a second cup of coffee and now I'm ready to do a couple of laps around the f'ing building. Things have slowed down pretty f'ing quick here at work......despite the rediculously beautiful weather we're having here in central NC this f'ing winter. Every time stosh posts about his f'ing snowboard in the car, I get jealous cause our season has apparently taken the f'ing year off!

Big game tonight........Duke/UNC basketball. The rivalry of rivalrys. Always a classic no matter how either team is doing. Lots of folks in NC will be f'ing glued to the screen this evening. I will be one of those f'ers.

Go Heels!

J

JRB

Yeah - it's so f'n weird to talk about conversations. You are all lying sacks of crap if you say you don't say anything about ridemonkey when you ride with other monkeys.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
narlus said:
hey -

went into town last night, but hit the rowing machine 1st. had some indian food (hmmm.....goat curry) and then went around the corner to redbones
What indian place did you go to? I gorged at redbones friday night; that place is so tasty.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
loco said:
Yeah - it's so f'n weird to talk about conversations. You are all lying sacks of crap if you say you don't say anything about ridemonkey when you ride with other monkeys.

Nope, it is just you.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
loco said:
Actually I hang out with Tweek and Crashby all the time. Several times a week on average. We never talk about ridemonkey. I dunno why. I've had friends in the past that obsessed about every little thing that happened here and it was just wierd.

J

JRB

Echo said:
Actually I hang out with Tweek and Crashby all the time. Several times a week on average. We never talk about ridemonkey. I dunno why. I've had friends in the past that obsessed about every little thing that happened here and it was just wierd.
What's weird about talking about something funny? I don't mean obsessing, but Wumpus and I laugh about stuff. BikerN8 got mention on Sunday, because it is f'n funny.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
loco said:
What's weird about talking about something funny? I don't mean obsessing, but Wumpus and I laugh about stuff. BikerN8 got mention on Sunday, because it is f'n funny.
I think basically since we were all friends long before there was RM, there is enough funny/interesting stuff that happens in real life to discuss. I do occasionally have a laugh with Amish about how he likes to get the political forum all riled up. In Snowshoe a couple years ago I was riding up the lift with someone, I think maybe Dartman? He was talking about some ridemonkey flame war about Wintergreen or something. I was just like, dude there has to be something else to talk about.

J

JRB

Yeah - we have other stuff to talk about, but I talk a lot, so we need fillers too. :D

*it's not like Lisa and I talked about ridemonkey for a half hour, I just told her to sign in and check out BikerN8.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
dan-o said:
What indian place did you go to? I gorged at redbones friday night; that place is so tasty.
diva, that place right next to the 'bones. i had a ton of ribs and beans for super bowl, and the last thing i wanted was more bbq. the place was alright, but since my wife got sick i doubt we'll be back. we were also thinking of Gargoyles on the Square, but they are closed Mondays.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
stosh said:
I hit 180 at one point.

Most of the time it was around 170 +/- 5
good news / bad news

good news is you are willing/capable of pushing your self hard and working towards getting in great shape, bad news is you have some work to do before you get in great shape :cool:

most peeps say now is for base miles, lots of hours at an easier pace, then throw in the spin class once a week to get an intense w/o in

this year I am definitely doing more hours, but at a lower intensity...11 days till I find out if that was a good plan or not

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
narlus said:
diva, that place right next to the 'bones. i had a ton of ribs and beans for super bowl, and the last thing i wanted was more bbq. the place was alright, but since my wife got sick i doubt we'll be back. we were also thinking of Gargoyles on the Square, but they are closed Mondays.
I find it odd that some Indian restaurants serve meat.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
good news / bad news

good news is you are willing/capable of pushing your self hard and working towards getting in great shape, bad news is you have some work to do before you get in great shape :cool:

most peeps say now is for base miles, lots of hours at an easier pace, then throw in the spin class once a week to get an intense w/o in

this year I am definitely doing more hours, but at a lower intensity...11 days till I find out if that was a good plan or not
Actually I'm only taking 1 spin class a week. The other days I lift and use the elipticals and then the OTHER days I snowboard.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
douglas said:
good news / bad news

Sounds like you are training more for the real season and not the OP, which is probably a smart thing. I wouldn't use the OP as a measure of your progress as it is a bit of a seasonal anomaly.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
f'ing yo.

I played some catch up on my f'ing sleep last night. I also fixed my f'ing bike as it was taking a beating from the BMX track. Tonight I'm either going to take the new bike out to have some fun or I'm going to go to the gym or I'm going to try and learn to f'ing snowboard.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
SilentJ said:
f'ing yo.

I played some catch up on my f'ing sleep last night. I also fixed my f'ing bike as it was taking a beating from the BMX track. Tonight I'm either going to take the new bike out to have some fun or I'm going to go to the gym or I'm going to try and learn to f'ing snowboard.
You get the triggers I sent?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Westy said:
Sounds like you are training more for the real season and not the OP, which is probably a smart thing. I wouldn't use the OP as a measure of your progress as it is a bit of a seasonal anomaly.

yes & no..... I am ramping up some for OP, but yeah...at the same training for the main season - my main goal for OP is to not BONK!

stosh said:
Actually I'm only taking 1 spin class a week. The other days I lift and use the elipticals and then the OTHER days I snowboard.
sounds pretty good :thumb:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
stosh said:
You were the one wanting to post pics of your boyfriend.

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143389

negative, check the poll homeboy

praised, I love bikerfox

Bearmntpicnic, BurlyShirley, Carbon Fetish, dropsdon'tlikem, gangstamaxx, greg447, jdschall, jimmydean, johnbryanpeters, KNine, metalMTB, Morgan, MtnbikeMike, N8, robdamanii, Spitfired, SXtrailrider, TheMontashu, Tootrikky, Yeti DHer

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
stosh said:
You get the triggers I sent?
Nah. It'll take some time - 2 weeks at a minimum. The fork I bought from 1soulrider took almost 2 months. :eek: we were starting to think it was a goner.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Echo said:
I find it odd that some Indian restaurants serve meat.
in the US, most indian restaurants serve meat. it's what their customers want.

kinda like italian or chinese or indian restaurants in ireland which serve chips (aka french fries).

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Bah. "I know someone from from India who eats meat, therefore I decree that it is common for Indian cuisine to include meat."

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Did I insinuate that? I just said I thought it was funny that Indian restaurants in America serve meat. The best Indian restaurant around me is all vegetarian. There are others here that serve meat, but it just doesn't seem to me like that's really Indian cuisine. It's for people who want to feel like they are eating Indian cuisine but aren't actually brave enough to try it, so they eat chicken wings with curry sauce.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Echo said:
Did I insinuate that? I just said I thought it was funny that Indian restaurants in America serve meat. The best Indian restaurant around me is all vegetarian. There are others here that serve meat, but it just doesn't seem to me like that's really Indian cuisine. It's for people who want to feel like they are eating Indian cuisine but aren't actually brave enough to try it, so they eat chicken wings with curry on them.
Maybe you should take a trip to India and report back. :thumb:

I personally really like a local place's lamb vindaloo. It's *nice* and spicy-hot! :drool:

Mmmmm....... dead baby sheep....... :drool: