Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Tame Ape said:
Get a VW Passat wagon with the TDI engine!!!!1!! My pops picked one up (he's 61, WTF!) and it gets 39mpg and will have both longevity and a sweet resale.

Otherwise, no Valen-time for me!

Oh! And some of my shirts got tenatively picked up by Velo Gear!!!!!:) :) :)

http://store.velogear.com/newitems.html
congrats on the pick-up!! do you have a website of all your work??

J

JRB

Good f'n morning. Not sure what we are doing tonight. Maybe nothing. I was planning to go get Julie some flowers last night, but she wanted me to baby sit Caroline so she could help her mom. I didn't make it to the store.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i'm tired. apparently cats think clawing at the bed at 3, 4, and 5am is a good idea. and i am having a bitch of a time trying to write this damn journal entry.

oh, and no V-day plans. exam week for me, CPA review stuff for her.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good f'n morning! The man & I don't do anything for Valentine's day so it's just another day around here. He did call me this morning to tell me what a good job I am doing with the baby (he hasn't been awakened during the night at all so he wanted to thank me for taking care of her while he sleeps).

The baby is sleeping well at night...I only had to get up with her twice last night and they were quick feedings/changings and right back to sleep. I love my kid :love: and hope that she stays this sweet forever!!!

Today, I am off to meet with the lactation consultant to get my pump and learn how to use it effectively...should be a blast I tell you ;) Actually, Sq-Earl is looking forward to feeding her so I am glad to do it!

Doug, Echo, Westy & all the other racers...GOOD LUCK THIS WEEKEND! I hope you all have as much fun as we did last year. We'll be thinking about you!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
jacksonpt said:
I love the TC, but I need 4 doors because of the kids. I'm not real crazy about the others... might look at a Honda element, but they are so damn ugly.
I love my Equinox...it's quite easy with the baby, AWD, roof racks for the XC bikes and a hitch rack for the DH bikes and it can tow. Oh, and it gets 23 mpg all over the place.

J

JRB

TreeSaw said:
Good f'n morning! The man & I don't do anything for Valentine's day so it's just another day around here. He did call me this morning to tell me what a good job I am doing with the baby (he hasn't been awakened during the night at all so he wanted to thank me for taking care of her while he sleeps).

The baby is sleeping well at night...I only had to get up with her twice last night and they were quick feedings/changings and right back to sleep. I love my kid :love: and hope that she stays this sweet forever!!!

Today, I am off to meet with the lactation consultant to get my pump and learn how to use it effectively...should be a blast I tell you ;) Actually, Sq-Earl is looking forward to feeding her so I am glad to do it!

Doug, Echo, Westy & all the other racers...GOOD LUCK THIS WEEKEND! I hope you all have as much fun as we did last year. We'll be thinking about you!
It feels weird to ask, but what kind of pump???

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
TreeSaw said:
I am going with the Medela Advanced Pump in Style (backpack) breast pump. It comes highly recommended and we have a lactation consultant & dealer within 15 minutes of me.
My wife loved hers.
And I kind of liked watching her pump....:rolleyes: :help:

J

JRB

TreeSaw said:
I am going with the Medela Advanced Pump in Style (backpack) breast pump. It comes highly recommended and we have a lactation consultant & dealer within 15 minutes of me.
Julie got lucky and her friend Kristen gave her her Pump in Style. (I feel a little gay knowing all of this) She had just finished up, and Julie was about to buy one. The lactation nurse had already given Julie all of the attachments with a loaner, so it saved a couple of hundred bucks.

J

JRB

TreeSaw said:
LOL!!! :D Sq-Earl's quite interested in the process as well ;) Must be a guy thing!
No - I officially think it is weird. Maybe because we used to have to milk for orphan calves, but it still seems weird.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
loco said:
No - I officially think it is weird. Maybe because we used to have to milk for orphan calves, but it still seems weird.
LOL! Yes, Sq-Earl once compared breastfeeding to a milking a cow...probably a :nope: but we did get a nice long hard laugh out of it!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
got some new sunglasses last night (arnettes), replacing the ones which broke a few months ago. got some Lindt chocolates for the wife for v-day, and went to grab some sushi for dinner. got a few cds too (a couple of used Super Furry Animals cds (Mwng and Phantom Phorce; a new Unbunny cd, and a Brian Jonestown Massacre cd).

spin class tonight. miles and otis are going to a b-day party which was cancelled by this past sunday's storm, so it should be a quiet night.

J

JRB

narlus said:
got some new sunglasses last night (arnettes), replacing the ones which broke a few months ago.
Did you wear them, Corey Hart???

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
loco said:
It feels weird to ask, but what kind of pump???
My friend hated using hers.

So I never saw that process.

But other than that, watching kids grow up is pretty damn cool.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
Anyway, had another great day of boarding last night, got an F'ing ticket on the way home doing 58 in a 30. F'ing crap! Thats all I F'ing need!!!
That F'ing sucks! I got one Christmas eve for 85 in a 65 (but it was reduced on the spot to a minor violation). Still, the F'ing ticket was almost $200. Good luck, man.

Happy F'ing V-day everyone. No plans for romance here, as Rob is in a different part of the state, but we celebrated last Sat. so it's all good.

J

JRB

Yes - tickets suck, but there's this thing about hauling ass through a posted area. :think:

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
bluebug32 said:
That F'ing sucks! I got one Christmas eve for 85 in a 65 (but it was reduced on the spot to a minor violation). Still, the F'ing ticket was almost $200. Good luck, man.

Happy F'ing V-day everyone. No plans for romance here, as Rob is in a different part of the state, but we celebrated last Sat. so it's all good.
Go read the entire thread.... ;)

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Yo. Slept in a little today. The GF comes home tonight after being gone since Thursday :love:.

Here are some pics that I took on Saturday...the scan from the photolab was lower quality than I was expecting so they're pretty grainy and such...I was hoping for better. I guess they kinda have a dark sort of feeling to them. At least we got out riding!

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
stosh said:
We lost power a lot, I'm glad we have a gas fireplace to heat the place when that happens!

All we have are two cats and a dog. They are hard to light and if you do manage to get them burning their fur stinks up the house. We just feed'em good throw'em in the bed with us.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Heidi said:
My goal is to get better at skinnies.
There's this one too, but the pic wasn't very good. That particular skinny is twice as long as you can see and it gets a tad narrower and lower. It needs some work to clear out underneath so you don't impale yourself if you bail...

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
jdschall said:
All we have are two cats and a dog. They are hard to light and if you do manage to get them burning their fur stinks up the house. We just feed'em good throw'em in the bed with us.

Are you in Sleepy Hollow? Everytime I see your location I mean to ask...

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Tame Ape said:
Are you in Sleepy Hollow? Everytime I see your location I mean to ask...

I live in Annapolis MD which locals refer to as Naptown since nothing ever happens here. My parents live in TN in a place called Kring Hollow. Somehow I put the two together to get sleephollow.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
SilentJ said:
There's this one too, but the pic wasn't very good. That particular skinny is twice as long as you can see and it gets a tad narrower and lower. It needs some work to clear out underneath so you don't impale yourself if you bail...

Nice, yah, I think I'm going to build some practice stuff in my backyard.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
robdamanii said:
Its more trying to decide between which one is the least weird. One looks like a pig, the other thinks shes a dwarf, one took a dive from the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down...that sorta thing. Its all about compromise.

As the saying goes, WPI, lowering mens standards since 1865.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Polandspring88 said:
Its more trying to decide between which one is the least weird. One looks like a pig, the other thinks shes a dwarf, one took a dive from the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down...that sorta thing. Its all about compromise.

There are no hotties at all at your school? What about neighboring places?

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
robdamanii said:
There are no hotties at all at your school? What about neighboring places?
There are a few at the school, but its common place to see them surrounded by hordes of guys, and since the ratio is already 3 to 1 to begin with, and the ratio of good looking girls to uglies is about 12 to 1, we are looking at a very small amount of girls for a large population of guys.

Neighboring schools sure, I just haven't had my chance to make it over there yet. I will look into that.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Polandspring88 said:

Whatever happened to your love triangle?