Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning~~

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
It was so nice having yesterday off. I got a lot done ..
Besides getting to ride a little I went to Home Depot to buy some Moulding for the floor and ceiling for one of the bedrooms... I got it all painted and in place. checked that one of the list!!!!
then I had some yummie dinner, pasta primavera, that my wife made.. i also brought it for lunch... other than that not too much going on..

Enjoy the day!!

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Not much going on today for me. However I was able to enjoy the sick win for Cuse over West Virginia last night. Hope you all have a good day.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
hooples3 said:
It was so nice having yesterday off. I got a lot done ..
Besides getting to ride a little I went to Home Depot to buy some Moulding for the floor and ceiling for one of the bedrooms... I got it all painted and in place. checked that one of the list!!!!
Morning Monkeys!!! morning Hoop!
I didn't get to ride this weekend, but I put a new entry door on my house on what could arguably be the coldest day of the year!!! I caught a cold in the process:( I also went to Home Depot to pick up a few things to finish off the ceramic tile I put down, and spent the day hanging blinds in our upstairs apartment to get it ready for my new tennant who happens to be my nephew!!! long day of work for a day off, but I got a lot done, specially considering how crappy I felt!!!

J

JRB

Good f'n morning. Lots of drizzle still. That'll make riding not happen for a little while now.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
morning everyone. getting ready for another day of snowboarding at breckenridge. meanwhile, im trying to figure out a way so that i can move out here as soon as i can. doing this big mountain experience class where me and 3 other people are taken on all of the double diamond runs at breck and are shown how to ride stuff like chutes, really deep pow, and tree runs. so far i believe im the only one who has signed up for it so its going to be quite fun. it goes from 9-3:45 so im going to be dead tired after it ends. hopefully ill get some good pics today and ill post all of my pics when i get home.

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
gnurider1080 said:
morning everyone. getting ready for another day of snowboarding at breckenridge. meanwhile, im trying to figure out a way so that i can move out here as soon as i can. doing this big mountain experience class where me and 3 other people are taken on all of the double diamond runs at breck and are shown how to ride stuff like chutes, really deep pow, and tree runs. so far i believe im the only one who has signed up for it so its going to be quite fun. it goes from 9-3:45 so im going to be dead tired after it ends. hopefully ill get some good pics today and ill post all of my pics when i get home.
That sounds like a hell of a job! Definately post up pics.

I just have 1 class today and it's done with (9:30 am). The lady that teaches it is the most disorganized person ever. I'm not one to complain, but it's the lounge so I am anyway. The sun is out so maybe I'll get a ride in. Hope everyone's day is great and remember, ain't nobody dope as me!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Hi-Dee-Ho, neighbors!

Two more days until I depart this cruel job for a few days of party-time and hijinks with the fellas down in Myrtle Beach. Looking forward to a few days off......I've taken on some new responsibilities here at work---mainly coordination of our shipping dept., and it's been quite a large amount to take in while keeping up with my normal work load. I need to sit the bench for a few days and take a breather.

I was able to get in a little ride-time yesterday after work. My neighbor kid tagged along and rode for a bit with me. He's gotten really good in a short amount of time. I gave him a few tips on handling skinnies and drops and it was like he had been doing it for years. Kids. Damn them and their lack of fear!!!

Drove up to Virginia and picked up two lottery tickets. Woot. It's on!

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
Still workin' the Bike Film Festival. We need MTB vids!!!

That and I'm writing a business plan for Laek House. Thats interesting, the theme is 'What I would do with your money' :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Sorry I'm so f'ing late! I had to drop my F'ing plates off at the DMV and get a new title since mine is lost.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin all.

In DC all this week for work (training for a new softare package). Yes, it's every bit as thrilling as it sounds.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin all.

In DC all this week for work (training for a new softare package). Yes, it's every bit as thrilling as it sounds.
Dude, the new Xterra f'ing rocks!!!!

The power it has makes it feel like driving a sports car when merging on the highway. It handles like champ too!! 10 thumbs up to nissan for the re-design.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hi monkeys! Man, those three day weekends just fly by.

Had a good workout yesterday. Deck hockey game tonight...last one before playoffs. I've sucked this season, so hopefully I can turn it on for the playoffs.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
stosh said:
...get a new title since mine is lost.
No more Darth Bailer? :p

Totally kidding, g'mornin' monkeypeoples! Getting ready for another exciting day in the life of not having a real job, and it pretty much rules! I actually had an interview last night, and it went really well. And the job sounds perfect for me: work from home on a really fun and exciting web product doing graphic and UI design, ride whenever I want, travel as much as want as long as the work is getting done, perfect!

I need to send off some resumes and some samples of my work today, and (fingers crossed) hopefully have some good news in a few days!

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
F'in yo. I rode some bikes on Saturday - I got 1st place in my first two heats, sandbagged the last one because I was already in the main, then had a mechanical in the main. :mad: Oh well, it's all for fun anyways. Sunday was a write off. Yesterday I went skating with the GF and then hit the gym. :thumb:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
hey monkeys. had a good day yesterday. got miles a b-day cake, and i shot 18 holes. had some decent shots and a good round for me (somewhere in the low 90s; i suck). hope to get out for a run today. beautiful and sunny is OK w/ me. just got out of the pool w/ the boys. they can't stay away from it.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Full Trucker said:
No more Darth Bailer? :p

Totally kidding, g'mornin' monkeypeoples! Getting ready for another exciting day in the life of not having a real job, and it pretty much rules! I actually had an interview last night, and it went really well. And the job sounds perfect for me: work from home on a really fun and exciting web product doing graphic and UI design, ride whenever I want, travel as much as want as long as the work is getting done, perfect!

I need to send off some resumes and some samples of my work today, and (fingers crossed) hopefully have some good news in a few days!
I haven't been darth bailer in many years my young jedi.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
hey monkeys. had a good day yesterday. got miles a b-day cake, and i shot 18 holes. had some decent shots and a good round for me (somewhere in the low 90s; i suck). hope to get out for a run today. beautiful and sunny is OK w/ me. just got out of the pool w/ the boys. they can't stay away from it.
Doesn't it hurt hitting the frozen ground?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
dude i am in florida. 82F for the rest of the week.
Oh.... how the f' am I supposed to know that.. Your locator beacon was lost 2 months ago.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Olah, I ripped out the downstairs bathroom at the new house yesterday and found mold growing on the drywall behind the mirror. The toilet was leaking before I fixed it, I hope that was what caused it.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Brian HCM#1 said:
Olah, I ripped out the downstairs bathroom at the new house yesterday and found mold growing on the drywall behind the mirror. The toilet was leaking before I fixed it, I hope that was what caused it.
You sure are putting a whole hell of a lot of work into that house.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Damn, it got cold here... 3 days ago we were 80 then we got smacked with an ice storm. Most of the intersates were closed Mon and some are closed today as well...

No heat in our building either... :(

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Gotta get to the IQP fair today. Hopefully I can become part of the team that does stuff with DNA analysis and convicting people of crimes based on that.

Then it is off to day 1 of the Career Fair. I am putting my resume into:

Bose Corporation
Cytyc
Goodrich Corporation
Intel
MIT Lincoln Labratory
Raytheon Company
SAIC
The MITRE Corporation

Should be interesting, most of those places have fairly strict requirements as to what they will accept GPA wise. Kinda screws me since our system works on A=4, B=3, and C=2. Very unforgiving.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
Dude, the new Xterra f'ing rocks!!!!

The power it has makes it feel like driving a sports car when merging on the highway. It handles like champ too!! 10 thumbs up to nissan for the re-design.
Cool. I've test driven a couple of the new Tacomas, and they feel the same way... especially the 6-speed manual ones.

Of course, compared to my truck, a school bus feels like a rocket.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Glad you like your new ride, Stosh :thumb: Forgot to tell you I visited Dark Horse and picked up a nice pair of shoes on Sun. Might go out riding with those guys this spring.

Not much else going on here. My new gecko seems to be enjoying her new home and hopefully she'll get along with the other one when I decide to introduce them in a few weeks. Hopefully they'll want to live together and there won't be any domestic disputes.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Glad you like your new ride, Stosh :thumb: Forgot to tell you I visited Dark Horse and picked up a nice pair of shoes on Sun. Might go out riding with those guys this spring.

Not much else going on here. My new gecko seems to be enjoying her new home and hopefully she'll get along with the other one when I decide to introduce them in a few weeks. Hopefully they'll want to live together and there won't be any domestic disputes.
You better hide the gecko from your landlord before he makes you put them in the shed.

What brought you down to Dark Horse? Did you talk to george?

PS. what kind of shoes?

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Good f'in morning.

Back to being up butt f'in early. Class was uneventful and I'm studying for more f'in exams. F'in thrilling. Hoping to ride this coming f'in weekend, but the weather may be a little f'in chilly.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good afternoon. Busy morning for me. Caught up on the mail, dishes, cleaned out the fridge & freezer, played with my sweetie, fed her a few times, and am arguing with the furniture store! Long story sort, we ordered a new sofa & loveseat 7 1/2 weeks ago. :mumble: They told us it would take 4-6 weeks and it's still not here!!! I called them last week to find out what the deal was and they were confused because our sofa has been sitting in their warehouse for 3 weeks and no one could find our loveseat. I was told they would check into it and call me right back but haven't heard from them so I called again this morning and got the same run-around! Aparently, these people don't know who they're dealing with! ;)

J

JRB

N8 said:
No heat in our building either... :(
Do yourself a favor and put on some mittens.

*actually - with mittens on you can't type, so it'll be our benefit.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
You better hide the gecko from your landlord before he makes you put them in the shed.

What brought you down to Dark Horse? Did you talk to george?

PS. what kind of shoes?
My Kikapu is now very clean and hanging in my apartment. Next time I see my landlord, I'll explain why it escaped the shed. I've got a nice story all hatched out.

I've been looking for some new shoes after last years got beaten to shreds and they have huge cleats on them which were making it difficult to clip into my candies and getting my living room really muddy too from wearing them for both road and mountain. I did meet George and he really wants me to ride with them. I really like that shop (only my second time there I think). I got a nice pair of women's Specialized shoes. They are super comfy and I saw a nice review of them last night in Bicycling.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
TreeSaw said:
am arguing with the furniture store! Long story sort, we ordered a new sofa & loveseat 7 1/2 weeks ago. :mumble: They told us it would take 4-6 weeks and it's still not here!!! I called them last week to find out what the deal was and they were confused because our sofa has been sitting in their warehouse for 3 weeks and no one could find our loveseat. I was told they would check into it and call me right back but haven't heard from them so I called again this morning and got the same run-around! Aparently, these people don't know who they're dealing with! ;)
where did you order it from? I know my mom's had trouble with the Old Brick in Albany.