Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good f'ing morning.

My knee is killing me today. It's been acting the f**k up for the last few days, and this morning when I swung a leg out of bed and put my weight on it, I immediately crumpled to the floor like a wet towel. I blew my ACL out about ten years ago and just never had the surgery to fix it, and I think I have a piece of something floating around in there that is giving me a f'ing fit over here. Crapola and bummer.

The weather here in central NC is f'ing beautiful this week. Nearly 80 degrees tomorrow and Thursday---what f'ing winter?

Y'all have a good one today. My company is cracking down on Internet usage, so I gotta lay low on the work-postings until the storm blows over. Stupid secretaries are ruining it for the rest of us by leaving their 'Net windows open for all to see.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Good f'ing morning.

My knee is killing me today. It's been acting the f**k up for the last few days, and this morning when I swung a leg out of bed and put my weight on it, I immediately crumpled to the floor like a wet towel. I blew my ACL out about ten years ago and just never had the surgery to fix it, and I think I have a piece of something floating around in there that is giving me a f'ing fit over here. Crapola and bummer.

The weather here in central NC is f'ing beautiful this week. Nearly 80 degrees tomorrow and Thursday---what f'ing winter?

Y'all have a good one today. My company is cracking down on Internet usage, so I gotta lay low on the work-postings until the storm blows over. Stupid secretaries are ruining it for the rest of us by leaving their 'Net windows open for all to see.
Man, what I wouldn't give for 80 degrees.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Greyhound said:
Good f'ing morning.

Sorry to hear about your F'n knee... load up on some anti-inflamatory stuff... doesn't always help... but then again, it cant hurt (too much)!!!

as for the internet... b!tches :nonono:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
stosh said:
Man, what I wouldn't give for 80 degrees.
yep... this winter has sucked... warm... cold... warm... cold... If it would stay cold I could deal... cause we could go skiing and boarding... if it was warm the trails would dry out and biking would be great... but the up down temps... just F with everything...:mad:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
The gym in my living room that consists of a yoga mat, excercise ball and dumbells. :thumb: I'm not a big gym person. I did it in college, but only because the facilities were too awesome not to use and it was free.
I'm not a big gym person, I hate how busy it is this time of year. However my local YMCA is pretty nice and affordable. Plus I don't have the room in my apt for the equip.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
brungeman said:
yep... this winter has sucked... warm... cold... warm... cold... If it would stay cold I could deal... cause we could go skiing and boarding... if it was warm the trails would dry out and biking would be great... but the up down temps... just F with everything...:mad:
It seems like this spring will be pretty dry. Sucks for the farmers but it's great for riding.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
I'm not a big gym person, I hate how busy it is this time of year. However my local YMCA is pretty nice and affordable. Plus I don't have the room in my apt for the equip.
Between the weights and the trainer, I've been pretty good this winter. I've definitely gained some more fast-twitch muscles and some endurance. Now I'm trying to work on the additional strength, especially in my upper body.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
stosh said:
It seems like this spring will be pretty dry. Sucks for the farmers but it's great for riding.
I agree. There isn't a lot of snow out there right now. Even if we get another big storm, it'll melt fast because there is no existing snow for it to pile on top of. I'm thinking my riding season will be back in full swing in April at the latest.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Between the weights and the trainer, I've been pretty good this winter. I've definitely gained some more fast-twitch muscles and some endurance. Now I'm trying to work on the additional strength, especially in my upper body.
I've mostly been working my upper body. I've been getting pleanty of muscle with the amount of snowboarding I've been doing in my legs. It's amazing how much boarding makes my legs burn.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
I agree. There isn't a lot of snow out there right now. Even if we get another big storm, it'll melt fast because there is no existing snow for it to pile on top of. I'm thinking my riding season will be back in full swing in April at the latest.
I'm hoping to do some late season boarding when all the icy on the mountains turns to slush!

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
F'in yo. I finally kicked this f'in cold yesterday so I hit the gym last night. I did legs and went a little too f'in hard so I didn't fall asleep very well. :mad:

I'm in the process of starting to f'in plan a trip to england / scotland with the GF, but am having a bit of trouble really getting started...:help:

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
I've mostly been working my upper body. I've been getting pleanty of muscle with the amount of snowboarding I've been doing in my legs. It's amazing how much boarding makes my legs burn.
Yeah, the trainer's given me some really solid legs this winter. I'm really glad I've stuck with it as much as I have.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
SilentJ said:
F'in yo. I finally kicked this f'in cold yesterday so I hit the gym last night. I did legs and went a little too f'in hard so I didn't fall asleep very well. :mad:

I'm in the process of starting to f'in plan a trip to england / scotland with the GF, but am having a bit of trouble really getting started...:help:
what do you want to do over there?

J

JRB

Adios, monkeys. Off to the airport.

I'm taking my notebook though, just for Rip.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Heh heh...that'll be cool: MTB on Saturday, ski/board on Sunday. :)

We plan on taking a late season trip to Killington.
I really want to ride there late season this year... I don't think I'll have the $ though.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
stosh said:
what do you want to do over there?
We're not really down with touring museums all the time - were more about exploring / hiking and checking out the scenery / checking out ruins and castles...I want to go and see stonehenge.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good F'n morning!!!

Congrats on the workout stosh! I can't wait to be able to go all out and work out hard again. I did meet with my f'n Dr. yesterday and I am ok-ed to do light work-outs until I see her next (little does she know that I already have been :devil: )

Anyhow...I am off to run some f'n errands.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
Good F'n morning!!!

Congrats on the workout stosh! I can't wait to be able to go all out and work out hard again. I did meet with my f'n Dr. yesterday and I am ok-ed to do light work-outs until I see her next (little does she know that I already have been :devil: )

Anyhow...I am off to run some f'n errands.
Congrats!

how's the baby?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
SilentJ said:
We're not really down with touring museums all the time - were more about exploring / hiking and checking out the scenery / checking out ruins and castles...I want to go and see stonehenge.
That would be fun!!

I hear you can stay in castles in Ireland pretty cheap.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
SilentJ said:
whachu need? my rents went to Scotland for 3 weeks... and rented a car traveled around and had a F'n blast!!! I can ask them some of the places they thought were the best...

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
I went to England & Scotland a few years ago ... awesome trip!! A buddy of mind was born there and so we flew over and traveled around for about 3.5 weeks. What are you interested in doing?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
She's doing quite well. We've been playing together this morning and she loves riding in the car so it should be a good afternoon as well. And, since you asked, here are a couple of more recent pics.
She's getting big!! :)

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
We're going to be pretty limited due to time constraints - we'll only have about 10 days. I was wondering about renting a car - I guess it might be ideal for some of what we'd like to do..

I posted above - We're not really down with touring museums all the time - were more about exploring / hiking and checking out the scenery / checking out ruins and castles...I want to go and see stonehenge

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Happy fat tuesday.

Not a bad morning this morning. Woek up 15 minutes before the alarm and was reasonably together this morning. I just wolfed down a breakfast burrito and some OJ, and I'm just kicking it until class at 2. Still have 3 exams this week to contend with, but nothing too bad. Two of them disappear after tomorrow, so I'm pleased.

Also picked up a set of Crossmax XLs yesterday. Should be here by the end of the week.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Just rode the ROAD bike for a few hours in sub 35 degree weather...pretty nice, actually! (The snow is the suck today).
Now I'm farting around, killing time until.....
The Reverend Horton Heat tonite!!!! (Mangy Moose)
Should be fun....

dburatti

Chimp
Jul 19, 2001
Austin, TX
rideit said:
Just rode the ROAD bike for a few hours in sub 35 degree weather...pretty nice, actually! (The snow is the suck today).
Now I'm farting around, killing time until.....
The Reverend Horton Heat tonite!!!! (Mangy Moose)
Should be fun....
Hey Wendell,

Two problems with your post:

R**D bike and sub 35 degree weather! :hot:

We're going to hit 80 today if it hasn't already, AND it's dry. The trails are in great shape. Wish you were here! :rofl: Tomorrow promises the same.

Maybe one of these summers I can make it to Driggs to ride, visit, drink some beer, and ride.

D