Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Well it's a crappy f'ing day here today.
They are talking about F'ing snow tonight. WTF?

Anyway had a great work out at the gym last night. I realized that I'm unable to get my heart rate up on the elyptical(sp?) machines anymore. No matter how fast I go my pulse only jumps a few beats.

Well I hope ya all have a great F'ing day!!

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Morning stosh, Monkeys....

Just got home from work.. and not feeling so tired.. i was going to take out a base-board radiator but realized its on now so cant.. so I guess maybe a ride now.. before the storms come

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
stosh said:
Anyway had a great work out at the gym last night. I realized that I'm unable to get my heart rate up on the elyptical(sp?) machines anymore. No matter how fast I go my pulse only jumps a few beats.

does your have a resistance setting?
does it display calories/min or watts?

set it at a resistance of 13 or higher, if you can adjust the incline, put it all the way up, now get your cal/min up over 21 (or your watts over 250), ......I have $20 bucks that your heart rate will be up in a few minutes

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
does your have a resistance setting?
does it display calories/min or watts?

set it at a resistance of 13 or higher, if you can adjust the incline, put it all the way up, now get your cal/min up over 21 (or your watts over 250), ......I have $20 bucks that your heart rate will be up in a few minutes
I do a "cross training" type session. I get a variety of different inclines with that. I think I will increase the resistence. Last night was the first time I noticed my HR wasn't increasing.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Not feeling so great today... been pretty much a bump on a log the last few days and it's catching up to me. I need to get out and do something. That's all for now I guess (exciting huh? You envy my life.).

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. Spent last night finishing putting my new desk and computer back together at home. Went from this...

to this...

Lots more room to spread out now. :thumb:

Going to get some more ink tonight after work. :devil:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
In my best smiley banner ad voice, "Hellllooooooooo!"

I decided to rest yesterday instead of working out. My body was pretty tired and sore and I felt I needed a rest day. Back at it tonight!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
stosh said:
I do a "cross training" type session. I get a variety of different inclines with that. I think I will increase the resistence. Last night was the first time I noticed my HR wasn't increasing.

I do the cross training session also, my HR doesnt get that high unless its at the "tough" section.......I keep the display on cal/min - try to keep it at 17....and try to get over 1000 calories burned (for 60 minutes)

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
The sun is out, the sky is clear.

That's all I needed to see today..........

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Hola. Trail work day was postponed at Gibbs Farm last night, so I finished working on the dh bike at home and took it for a spin on the concrete that makes up our great state's bureaucracy. After getting my rear shock PUSHED, I can truly say it is a full on couch now. Just have to cut the bars back to a sane 27 inches wide...not much else to report otherwise.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
McGRP01 said:
Morning. Spent last night finishing putting my new desk and computer back together at home. Went from this...

to this...

:

nice! new desk, new wall color & a window! How hard was it to put that window in :rolleyes:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh.

Not feeling so great today... been pretty much a bump on a log the last few days and it's catching up to me. I need to get out and do something. That's all for now I guess (exciting huh? You envy my life.).
Speaking of envy, I have something that is going to make every single person on this message board jealous.

I'm going to see America this weekend with my dad and future father-in-law.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
I do the cross training session also, my HR doesnt get that high unless its at the "tough" section.......I keep the display on cal/min - try to keep it at 17....and try to get over 1000 calories burned (for 60 minutes)
I think I'm burning like 250cals in 30min. Wow! You're moving fast!!
At the gym I'm only allowed 30min sessions.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Yo.

Heading down to Augusta today to check out a few f'ing practice rounds at the Masters. Never been down there before, so I'm looking forward to seeing the course in person.

We had some incredibly f'ing powerful storms last night---I was assembling an outdoor cabinet in the driveway, when the wind gusted to about 50mph and blew my box of f'ing screws across the back yard. THAT was not good. Fortunately, I had plenty of screws and stuff around the f'ing house to take care of what I lost, but it must have been f'ing comical to see me chasing that box across the f'ing yard!! I suck at life sometimes.

Anyways....y'all have a nice f'ing day, and I'll catch ya again sometime later this week.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
stosh said:
I think I'm burning like 250cals in 30min. Wow! You're moving fast!!
At the gym I'm only allowed 30min sessions.

actually my cadence is normally slower than just about everyone else on the machines.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Oh, also... my 30th bday is coming up and I'm hoping my wife will let me get a play bike. I've been reading up on them a lot lately... from what I've read and what I can get locally, I think I've narrowed it down to either a Cowan or a P2. Both look like great bikes, more than enough for me... now it's just a question of whether or not we have the money.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
McGRP01 said:

to this...

Going to get some more ink tonight after work. :devil:
ink for your computer? or you talking new Tattoo? whatcha gettin?

J

JRB

Good f'n morning. Went to the bike club meeting last night. Gonna ride on the road tonight. Found out that the steering box or power steering pump is hosed on the xterra, so that is going in the shop in a day or two. There is a tight spot.

The big news - Caroline rolled over yesterday. It is bad ass. She will be mobile soon. Awesome. :thumb:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
loco said:
She will be mobile soon. Awesome. :thumb:
By that naive comment, I'm assuming this is your first kid? Sean (our 11-month old) is ALL OVER THE PLACE. He climbs the stairs before you even know he's gone... little bastard.

J

JRB

What's naive about that, Jackson??? You act like I am silly for wanting her to move around.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
loco said:
What's naive about that, Jackson??? You act like I am silly for wanting her to move around.
moving around is one thing... crawling as fast as you can walk, standing, then walking are totally different. Yes, it's ultra cool to see your kid grow and develop... but soon you won't be able to have anything within 3' of the floor. Everything will be baby-gated or baby-locked, and the TV channel will randomly change (are you one of those people who don't have TV - I can't remember), but in fact, she just found the remote and it's currently covered with baby slobber.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Morning Monkeys,

I got some good news from the F'n doc last night and said that my "stuff" that hurts isn't from the F'n Bike, so as soon as I figure out what kit I want, and what I can afford I am going to order a new Yetti 575, (thanks Jackson, and Treesaw for the vote of confidence and info about that choice)

other than that... I am going to be super busy printing for the school today... tons of detention forms... :devil: I love when the kids see me printing them!!! it is awesome... to have stacks of a couple thousand detentions... they are on their best behavior for a while!

Have a good F'n Day Yinz guys!

J

JRB

jacksonpt said:
moving around is one thing... crawling as fast as you can walk, standing, then walking are totally different. Yes, it's ultra cool to see your kid grow and develop... but soon you won't be able to have anything within 3' of the floor.
I'm in clean up process now, and I am ok with that.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
brungeman said:
as soon as I figure out what kit I want, and what I can afford I am going to order a new Yetti 575, (thanks Jackson, and Treesaw for the vote of confidence and info about that choice)
That's great... it's an awesome bike. Let us know what build/color you go with.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
loco said:
I am with jackson on this one... believe me... it is super thrilling to see the way they start to develop... but unless your short as they start tearing all around the house, you are going to be worn out with a bad back to boot. chasing the little rug rats around is fun but tiring none the less...

That is awesome that she turned over, were you there to see it too?:thumb:

J

JRB

brungeman said:
<snip>
That is awesome that she turned over, were you there to see it too?:thumb:
Not the first time, but she did it several times last night.

I know it'll get crazy, but she is just one step closer to being able to hang out with me all the time. :thumb:

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
F'ing morning :stosh:

F'ing have a bunch to do today. Going to F'ing get out for the first F'ing real ride on the F'ing bike since setting up the F'ing cranks and stem.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Good morning!

A gloomy day here, perfect for proofreading the next issue (if any day is).

Working on some stuff for my new website (to help market my freelance/consulting work). Other than that, not much is going on.

So, I hear we're finally getting in a ride together this weekend, Hoops?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Good morning!

A gloomy day here, perfect for proofreading the next issue (if any day is).

Working on some stuff for my new website (to help market my freelance/consulting work). Other than that, not much is going on.

So, I hear we're finally getting in a ride together this weekend, Hoops?
Weather isn't looking so great for Saturday but we'll keep an eye on it.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
jacksonpt said:
That's great... it's an awesome bike. Let us know what build/color you go with.
I am thinking ANO BLK, (I didn't thing turquoise was right for that bike, blue should be saved for their USA made bikes) I am waiting to hear what the upcharge will be for going with the Talus over the float... and I asked Seth (at Yeti) his oppinion on the carbon rear end was, cause you brought up a good point... tis better to be bombproof when bombing!!!

as soon as I find out final figures I will make up my mind...

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
loco said:
Good f'n morning. Went to the bike club meeting last night. Gonna ride on the road tonight. Found out that the steering box or power steering pump is hosed on the xterra, so that is going in the shop in a day or two. There is a tight spot.

The big news - Caroline rolled over yesterday. It is bad ass. She will be mobile soon. Awesome. :thumb:
YEAH!!!! Syd has rolled over a couple of times, but I don't think she can do it all the time and on every surface. She does "scoot" though when we put her on her tummy to play...she'll scoot backwards sometimes or just roll over (usually when she's bored and doesn't want to play anymore).