Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Well another F'ing day at work! My bike is all loaded up for my first post work ride of the year. I'm pretty psyched! I forgot my F'ing camelbak bladder though, I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

Hope ya all have a great day!

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
So after being quite possibly the only school that I know of that still had class yesterday, we are off today for Project Presentation day. That warrants a trip to Lynn (see Splat's picture thread) and B&Ts. Maybe we will snap a few pictures for the rest of you monkeys stuck at work.

The end of the school year is approaching quickly. I am looking forward to projects due and finals. :wonky2:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh - which bike are you riding? How's the Zion?

Finally broke through the big road block on my current project at work, so hopefully I'll be wrapping that up today. It will feel very good to get that baby crossed off the to-do list.

Haven't ridden since Wednesday of last week, but I started back on the weights over the weekend. Feels good. Since I'm riding more, I'm not doing any serious workouts... I do one set for my chest, arms, shoulders, abs and lower back before I leave for work, when I get home, and before bed. It's the same amount of exercise (3 sets of each exercise), but spread out over the day. It's easier to fit into my schedule and I feel better over the course of the day. I'm liking it.

Hoping to get out for a lunch time ride today.

Oh, almost forgot... took my truck over to the deal yesterday to have them look at it for trade-in value. $3000 trade and they'd just send it to auction. That's not too bad considering. Looks like I'll be able to buy a Matrix for < $300/mo when the time comes. I hate the idea of taking on another car payment, but...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh - which bike are you riding? How's the Zion?

Finally broke through the big road block on my current project at work, so hopefully I'll be wrapping that up today. It will feel very good to get that baby crossed off the to-do list.

Haven't ridden since Wednesday of last week, but I started back on the weights over the weekend. Feels good. Since I'm riding more, I'm not doing any serious workouts... I do one set for my chest, arms, shoulders, abs and lower back before I leave for work, when I get home, and before bed. It's the same amount of exercise (3 sets of each exercise), but spread out over the day. It's easier to fit into my schedule and I feel better over the course of the day. I'm liking it.

Hoping to get out for a lunch time ride today.

Oh, almost forgot... took my truck over to the deal yesterday to have them look at it for trade-in value. $3000 trade and they'd just send it to auction. That's not too bad considering. Looks like I'll be able to buy a Matrix for < $300/mo when the time comes. I hate the idea of taking on another car payment, but...
I'm riding the Zion and it' F'ing rocks!!
I'm so happy with this build. It was worth every penny! I may need a slightly shorter stem around 90mm but other than that I love this f'ing bike. The 8spds in the rear and 1 up front f'ing rock!! It seems like I always have the perfect gear. The remote out REBA rocks on some of the fire roads at Stewart. I'm running a specialized adrenaline pro up front and a Nevagal in the rear, it's proven to be a sick combination this dry spring so far.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Polandspring88 said:
So after being quite possibly the only school that I know of that still had class yesterday, we are off today for Project Presentation day. That warrants a trip to Lynn (see Splat's picture thread) and B&Ts. Maybe we will snap a few pictures for the rest of you monkeys stuck at work.

The end of the school year is approaching quickly. I am looking forward to projects due and finals. :wonky2:
It will be cool when my little bro is home from school again at my parents. I enjoy the late night drunken calls when he needs more beer.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Stosh, grab another- you can never have too many bladders laying around.

Good morning, the wife and I took off work yesterday to go shop for a new washer as ours died on Sunday. An expensive endeavor. But all is up and running in good working order now.

splat

Nam I am
Morning Stosh !

BAck at work today after taking yesterday off to go see teh marathon.

Brought in my Road TT bike for a lunch ride. Might do a TT tommorow night after work, so might be a good idea to amke sure this bike is fully funtional before racing it.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
stosh said:
It will be cool when my little bro is home from school again at my parents. I enjoy the late night drunken calls when he needs more beer.
You are supposed to drink with him. When I get back I am going to sit down and enjoy a nice frosty ROOT BEER:thumb: with my older brother.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
I'm riding the Zion and it' F'ing rocks!!
I'm so happy with this build. It was worth every penny! I may need a slightly shorter stem around 90mm but other than that I love this f'ing bike. The 8spds in the rear and 1 up front f'ing rock!! It seems like I always have the perfect gear. The remote out REBA rocks on some of the fire roads at Stewart. I'm running a specialized adrenaline pro up front and a Nevagal in the rear, it's proven to be a sick combination this dry spring so far.
That's awesome about the Zion... very cool that a real budget bike can be so much fun.

I've been eyeballing the Adrenalins now for a while. If this summer proves to be as dry as last summer, I'll probably get a set.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
jacksonpt said:
I've been eyeballing the Adrenalins now for a while. If this summer proves to be as dry as last summer, I'll probably get a set.
I can vouch for the Adrenalins, I'm running them on two bikes. They are very large for the size rated though.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Polandspring88 said:

We had classes here if that makes you feel better. We didn't get off for columbus day or vetrans day either, and they moved back winter break so that martin luther king day would be part of it so we couldn't get that off as a 3 day weekend either.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
That's awesome about the Zion... very cool that a real budget bike can be so much fun.

I think this summer with be drier than last summer.

They did cake up a bit in the mud.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Trainwreck said:
I can vouch for the Adrenalins, I'm running them on two bikes. They are very large for the size rated though.
I suspect that your terrain is very different from what I ride. Have they been pretty durable for you?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
douglas said:
achilles tendon pain plus 5/6 hours of hard riding over the w/e = major achilles tendon pain
ah, I remember you saying you had some achilles pain, didn't know it was worse after the weekend. Bummer man - just overworked/strained, or is there more to it do you think?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
I think this summer with be drier than last summer.

They did cake up a bit in the mud.
Certainly looks like it at this point. I've never been able to ride Oakley Corners this early in the year and not have to skip numerous trails due to mud.

I'll hold off on the tires until it really gets dry. I've got some decent all-around tires that are OK in the mud, so I'll just stick with those for the time being.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Certainly looks like it at this point. I've never been able to ride Oakley Corners this early in the year and not have to skip numerous trails due to mud.

I'll hold off on the tires until it really gets dry. I've got some decent all-around tires that are OK in the mud, so I'll just stick with those for the time being.
Probably a good plan!

Stewart is bone dry except for the occasional puddles and usual stream crossing.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
**** **** **** ***** **** balls!

I havent ridden in over two weeks because my back wheel has been at a bike shop, waiting for a new axle and a re-dish. I go yesterday to pick it up (I called 4 days ago and asked if I could) and the guy is like "The part is still not in"
So I say "Well, did you get the dishing done?"
....."no, we didnt do that either...maybe you can take it someplace and have it dished real quick tho...we'll call you when the part is in"

SERIOUSLY.......HE F'n SAID THAT!

I was like "thanks for nothing" took my wheel off the hook and walked out. Why in the hell cant I get a LBS that can just work on a bike for god's sakes?
So I go to the bike shop like 3 doors down, and they're all like "Yeah, we can get that in tonight probably"

****!
So maybe Ill be able to ride again sometime...if I dont die from rage.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
jacksonpt said:
ah, I remember you saying you had some achilles pain, didn't know it was worse after the weekend. Bummer man - just overworked/strained, or is there more to it do you think?

not sure, I was pretty worried yesterday - painfull, swollen, slight bruise (and I almost never bruise) but it is better today so I hope that means it didnt rupture...my plan is to rest for a week which will be tough for me

I had on my schedule:
Wed=vball finals
Sat=5K run race
Sun=mtn bike race

oh, and it did bother me in Feb (after my AZ trip) but not as bad as it is now.

J

JRB

Good f'n morning. Cyclist was killed in Austin yesterday. That always bums me out. Now I am an ass in the Austin community because I criticized them saying that you should assume that someone else is helping the injured and chase after the person that left the scene, since this was a hit and run. Every time I interject logic I become an asshole. :think: My radio reception sucked on the way in. I want my Xterra back. It's really just a sh*tty day coming on. :mumble:

J

JRB

Wumpus said:
I can't believe it is so f'n hot in April.
:stupid: I am already pissy, but add that in and I am just unbearable. A f*cking hundred degrees. This is just stupid. :redhot:

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Yo.

Had my f'ing knee surgery last thursday, and now I'm back here at work. Not much to report. Just a lot of Percocets and Project Gotham Racing on X-Box for the last few days.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BurlyShirley said:

I havent ridden in over two weeks because my back wheel has been at a bike shop, waiting for a new axle and a re-dish. I go yesterday to pick it up (I called 4 days ago and asked if I could) and the guy is like "The part is still not in"
....."no, we didnt do that either...maybe you can take it someplace and have it dished real quick tho...we'll call you when the part is in"

I was like "thanks for nothing" took my wheel off the hook and walked out. Why in the hell cant I get a LBS that can just work on a bike for god's sakes?
So I go to the bike shop like 3 doors down, and they're all like "Yeah, we can get that in tonight probably"

****!
Um... I'm sorry to hear that. I must say my LBS is awesome when it comes to working on bikes.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Morning Monkeys,

I feel like an A$$ today, thought we had work off but didn't (we had yesterday, and this Friday off) I got the call in time to only be late by a half a period (25 minutes). It kinda sucks cause it is a beautiful day and Emma and I had a whole day planned of good stuff, like going to the park etc.

Oh well.

I am at work now so I better make the best of it.

G'day!

Almost finished with the pint glass exercise...

Fortress x, my main riding area at lunch time, seems to be getting a new perimiter fence, sigh...

BurlyShirley said:

****!
1) Maybe couldn't dish the wheel properly before the damaged axle was replaced?

2) Spring is hell in bike shops...

3) Think about a spare wheel set...

4) Take a deep breath...

I will spare you my recent headset horror show.

J

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Hey monkeys....I'm back from a mini-vacation in Colorado. I was out there for a wedding, but managed to squeeze a lot in -- relaxing in the hot springs, taking pics and even a mountain bike ride along the Colorado river and through the canyon. It was a nice break from reality for a few days.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
johnbryanpeters said:
1) Maybe couldn't dish the wheel properly before the damaged axle was replaced?

2) Spring is hell in bike shops...

3) Think about a spare wheel set...

4) Take a deep breath...

I will spare you my recent headset horror show.

J
#1. The other shop did it immediately with the axle I had, no problems

#2. Every time I go in there, the dudes are just standing around, or stuffing food into their faces. Even if Ive been coming in at coencidental times, I still did call the other day and ask if I could pick it up yesterday. They said "fine". It's no big deal if they call me back and tell me not to come cause it's not ready. Or at least it wouldnt have been as bad, but no they dont care.

#3. Money is tight, but yes, I should...
#4. Im just tired of it. Tired of dealing with incompetence on a daily basis. People are just so damned lazy that they wont do what they need to do and it drives me mad. Just last week DirecTV called me and told me I owed them $90. I said "I havent had service with you for a year at least, how do I owe you that?" The guy went on about some account suspension instead of cancellation or something. So because some retard didnt cancel my dish when I asked him to, Im out $90 for a service to a house I no longer live at...WTF? I hate the world.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Hey monkeys....I'm back from a mini-vacation in Colorado. I was out there for a wedding, but managed to squeeze a lot in -- relaxing in the hot springs, taking pics and even a mountain bike ride along the Colorado river and through the canyon. It was a nice break from reality for a few days.
Sweet! I can't wait to see pics!

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
morning all. slept in until noon since im on vacation. now im grabbing lunch and then im off to get fitted for a tux and then ill be at work until 8.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good afternoon! Back home after a long weekend with the inlaws. Had a great time on Friday night at Tweek's for a couple of beers and visiting with Tweek & his SO, Instigator & Fiance, Echo & his SO, Crashby and Deyv & Isa. Saturday we had a nice ride that included Echo, Deyv, Isa, Crashby, Sq-Earl, myself, Stuntmatty, Sorgie and some others. Saturday night I picked up my new bikey :love: and got to see a beautiful slideshow of Deyv & Isa's trip. Sunday it was Easter dinner with the family and relaxing with the inlaws on Monday to celebrate my brother-in-law's birthday.
So far today, I have ridden my new bike around and made a few minor adjustments to it, fed the baby lots, dishes, taught 3 lessons and some crunches on the torture ball. I am getting ready to hit the grocery store, start dinner and head out for a ride :thumb:

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
stosh said:
How is everybody today?
Morning stosh, I'm just damm fine today... except it's Wednesday morning here (lol you guys are so far behind the times! ) , Tuesday is history man! :rofl:

And Wednsday means it's the last working day of the week for me! :D

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
TreeSaw said:
Good afternoon! Back home after a long weekend with the inlaws. Had a great time on Friday night at Tweek's for a couple of beers and visiting with Tweek & his SO, Instigator & Fiance, Echo & his SO, Crashby and Deyv & Isa. Saturday we had a nice ride that included Echo, Deyv, Isa, Crashby, Sq-Earl, myself, Stuntmatty, Sorgie and some others. Saturday night I picked up my new bikey :love: and got to see a beautiful slideshow of Deyv & Isa's trip. Sunday it was Easter dinner with the family and relaxing with the inlaws on Monday to celebrate my brother-in-law's birthday.
So far today, I have ridden my new bike around and made a few minor adjustments to it, fed the baby lots, dishes, taught 3 lessons and some crunches on the torture ball. I am getting ready to hit the grocery store, start dinner and head out for a ride :thumb:
did I miss something T? what new bike? did you end up getting a road bike or did you end up getting a 575?