Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Nothing much to report on this front. I have my bike loaded up for a post work ride. Should be fun!
Hopefully work aint to F'ing busy today, yesterday was a f'ing nightmare!!

Hope ya all have a great day!

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Got a final to take, that I dont even have to take today cause Id still have an A with a zero on it, and then Im off to ride. Hopefully no cesspools.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. I suck at golf and I sucked at it yesterday. Even by my own sucky standards, yesterday was pure suck. I got some good golf swag though....better than any of the swag I've gotten at the few MTB races I've done. And I got a nice sunburn too, and it's amazing how every person that seems me thinks I don't realize I got sunburned. "OH my god, you got sunburn!" Yeah, no effing s.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BurlyShirley said:
Got a final to take, that I dont even have to take today cause Id still have an A with a zero on it, and then Im off to ride. Hopefully no cesspools.
Yeah good plan!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
'Morning. I suck at golf and I sucked at it yesterday. Even by my own sucky standards, yesterday was pure suck. I got some good golf swag though....better than any of the swag I've gotten at the few MTB races I've done. And I got a nice sunburn too, and it's amazing how every person that seems me thinks I don't realize I got sunburned. "OH my god, you got sunburn!" Yeah, no effing s.
Kind of like when you get a haircut.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin stosh.

looks to be another great day here, but likely won't get out for any real riding. Hope to get in a road ride on my lunch... but they are starting to lose their appeal. I really need to get out on the trail.

We are getting 60 tons of dirt delivered to the house tonight, then Thursday it is being graded and spread - hopefully we'll have grass planted by the end of the weekend (we have grass in most of the yard, but there are places around/near the house that have seen a lot of work and need fresh grass planted). That should all but wrap up our landsaping... it will feel VERY good to get that one scratched off the to-do list.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Good F'n morning,

Well, I am super F'n busy. the A$$hole who is coordinating the school prom this year just told me that I need to print the covers for him, and gave me no direction, just the theme of "Bella Sera" (a beautiful evening) or something like that. WHAT A BUMBLE FVCK!!! I HATE PEOPLE! as if I don't have enough other stuff going on!

Mannhattan and I made huge amounts of progress last night on our trail cutting adventures. We found an area that we hadn't hiked through before, and it is like something out of the movies, tons of dead fall, and it is kinda like another world!

stosh said:
I have my bike loaded up for a post work ride. Should be fun!
Hopefully work aint to F'ing busy today, yesterday was a f'ing nightmare!!
Have a good ride Stosh! and hopefully me being as busy as I am will somehow take some of the heat off of you monkeys out there, kinda like what comes around goes around!:rolleyes:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
Morning

Raining here , suppose to rain all day :(
we need some f'ing rain!

My landlords put down fertalizer and I'll tell you what, I never believed in that stuff but all of the dandalions are f'ing dead and the grass is growing like crazy!!

splat

Nam I am
stosh said:
we need some f'ing rain!

My landlords put down fertalizer and I'll tell you what, I never believed in that stuff but all of the dandalions are f'ing dead and the grass is growing like crazy!!
Yeah we really need the rain too. I also Put down Fertilizer to kill the Dandilions and the crab grass. so the rail will help soak it in.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
brungeman said:
Good F'n morning,

Well, I am super F'n busy. the A$$hole who is coordinating the school prom this year just told me that I need to print the covers for him, and gave me no direction, just the theme of "Bella Sera" (a beautiful evening) or something like that. WHAT A BUMBLE FVCK!!! I HATE PEOPLE! as if I don't have enough other stuff going on!

Mannhattan and I made huge amounts of progress last night on our trail cutting adventures. We found an area that we hadn't hiked through before, and it is like something out of the movies, tons of dead fall, and it is kinda like another world!

Have a good ride Stosh! and hopefully me being as busy as I am will somehow take some of the heat off of you monkeys out there, kinda like what comes around goes around!:rolleyes:
So how many miles of trails have you cut?
How many miles of trials are there where you ride?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
Yeah we really need the rain too. I also Put down Fertilizer to kill the Dandilions and the crab grass. so the rail will help soak it in.
Yeah thats why we need it. My backyard smells like it and I don't really like breathing that stuff in.

Also my F'ing landlords decided to burn all the f'ing horse schit in the field directly next to my apt.
I'm not sure how exactly to explain the smell of burning/smoldering horse schit but it isn't pleasent. It's been smoldering for like 3 days now.

J

JRB

Good f'n morning. Heading out in a minute to Caroline's 4 month appointment. Heading to Austin for a flight to Indy about 1. Get into Indy at 8:30 pm and drive to Anderson. Out to Muncie early tomorrow and back to Indy to fly to Austin at 5:30. Should be back about 11:30 tomorrow night, so it's a rush trip, and those suck.

splat

Nam I am
stosh said:
Yeah thats why we need it. My backyard smells like it and I don't really like breathing that stuff in.

Also my F'ing landlords decided to burn all the f'ing horse schit in the field directly next to my apt.
I'm not sure how exactly to explain the smell of burning/smoldering horse schit but it isn't pleasent. It's been smoldering for like 3 days now.
the mental image that paints just isn't pretty.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
Mornin. Helped a buddy move last night, that always sucks. Haven't driven my car in a few days which kicks ass.
I wish I could commute to work on a bike.
How many miles is your commute?

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Mornin'

Had the bike loaded up for a post work ride yesterday......a trail system that I hadn't ridden yet, so I was excited to say the least. Well.....work ran f'ing late, and I didn't get to leave until 5:30. Apparently, the only thing further out in the boonies than this place is where Hee-Haw was filmed, cause it took f'ing fuh-evah to get there! A few missed turns later, I arrive at the gate at 6:15 only to find the gate gets locked at 7:00. Well......this was an exercise in futility. I checked the place out a little and just decided to head home and try again on Friday when I get off a little earlier. Bummer.

splat

Nam I am
Echo said:
Mornin. Helped a buddy move last night, that always sucks. Haven't driven my car in a few days which kicks ass.
I love it , when my car just sits in the driveway for days, because I'm commuting by bike ! too bad its raining today. when it gets a little warmer I won't be the fair weatherd bicycle commuter. Begging to think about using my Fixie for commuting

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
stosh said:
didnt read down through the rest of the thread but in the park we are working in now, there are about 20 miles of trails about half singletrack half double...

The stuff we are making now is about a 3 or so mile ride that is going to flow like no other...Both of us are just grinning the whole time while building, i cant believe the stuff we found...

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
stosh said:
I wish I could commute to work on a bike.
How many miles is your commute?
Like 8 miles. Barely enough to break a sweat, but there's a bike path and a rail trail in addition to the road so I can take different bikes and different routes to keep it somewhat interesting.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
Like 8 miles. Barely enough to break a sweat, but there's a bike path and a rail trail in addition to the road so I can take different bikes and different routes to keep it somewhat interesting.
wow! I'm f'ing jealous!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
stosh said:
well, in the park we are in, there is probably 16+ miles of single + double track maybe even more. but some of the double track sections that are real F'ed up, we are trying to get around. We started hiking the section of woods last year. but waited till spring to work on it since the foliage would be minimal.

the section we are cutting now will probably take you around the 1/2 mile of double track and add 3-4 miles of super flowing single track with sections of technicals and stunts. (lots of stunts planned too) we may make a park like setting where we were working last night with teeters, drops, elevated skinnies etc. last night fired us up even more when we found the lost world section.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
brungeman said:
well, in the park we are in, there is probably 16+ miles of single + double track maybe even more. but some of the double track sections that are real F'ed up, we are trying to get around. We started hiking the section of woods last year. but waited till spring to work on it since the foliage would be minimal.

the section we are cutting now will probably take you around the 1/2 mile of double track and add 3-4 miles of super flowing single track with sections of technicals and stunts. (lots of stunts planned too) we may make a park like setting where we were working last night with teeters, drops, elevated skinnies etc. last night fired us up even more when we found the lost world section.
sweet!!

The place where I ride there are already so many trails there isn't really any reason to cut any new stuff.

It would be nice to get in there and clean up some of the trails though.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
brungeman said:

Man i was just thinking about how much fun that kicker in the grassy section is going to be, we will commission my bro to build a huge tranny...

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Greyhound said:
Mornin'

Had the bike loaded up for a post work ride yesterday......a trail system that I hadn't ridden yet, so I was excited to say the least. Well.....work ran f'ing late, and I didn't get to leave until 5:30. Apparently, the only thing further out in the boonies than this place is where Hee-Haw was filmed, cause it took f'ing fuh-evah to get there! A few missed turns later, I arrive at the gate at 6:15 only to find the gate gets locked at 7:00. Well......this was an exercise in futility. I checked the place out a little and just decided to head home and try again on Friday when I get off a little earlier. Bummer.
damn that does suck! we almost got locked into the park last week when doing the trail work, that would have been real interesting:rolleyes:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
loco said:
Good f'n morning. Heading out in a minute to Caroline's 4 month appointment. Heading to Austin for a flight to Indy about 1. Get into Indy at 8:30 pm and drive to Anderson. Out to Muncie early tomorrow and back to Indy to fly to Austin at 5:30. Should be back about 11:30 tomorrow night, so it's a rush trip, and those suck.
Hope she has a good check-up. More shots? I am not looking forward to that again, but I know she needs them. Have a safe trip.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
The sun is out, the top is down.

I'm going to hate not driving this car.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Morning.

Found out yesterday that my boss is leaving at the end of the month. Might be time for me to start looking sooner rather than later, as lots of poor managerial decisions have been made around here lately.

The problem is, I have no idea how to go about finding and securing a new job. I've never done it before.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good f'n morning! Had a nice night last night. Worked out for a short time and decided to take Syd on a nice long walk...it was SO beautiful outside I couldn't resist. We had fun. She's SO interested in her toys now and she's hilarious to watch as she tries to talk to them and smiles when they rattle, etc. Picked up some photos of her Christening that I had printed for our familes and got those packaged up to send out today. I am in the hunt for my road bike still...keep me in mind if any of you see a good deal. Tonight I am planning on getting out of here as early as possible so I can get in a short ride before my private students come.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
stosh said:
sweet!!

The place where I ride there are already so many trails there isn't really any reason to cut any new stuff.

It would be nice to get in there and clean up some of the trails though.
you can always improve a spot, even if it is just cleaning up some of the trails that are already there!:thumb:

manhattanprjkt83 said:
Man i was just thinking about how much fun that kicker in the grassy section is going to be, we will commission my bro to build a huge tranny....
I know, that is going to be saweet. your bros are going to chit! when dey see it Mang!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Morning.

Found out yesterday that my boss is leaving at the end of the month. Might be time for me to start looking sooner rather than later, as lots of poor managerial decisions have been made around here lately.

The problem is, I have no idea how to go about finding and securing a new job. I've never done it before.
www.hudsonvalleyhelpwanted.com

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
TreeSaw said:
I am in the hunt for my road bike still...keep me in mind if any of you see a good deal.
what size do you need and are there any specifics about what you want component wise?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
brungeman said:
you can always improve a spot, even if it is just cleaning up some of the trails that are already there!:thumb:

I know, that is going to be saweet. your bros are going to chit! when dey see it Mang!
I just need to dedicate the time to go and do it.