Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
brungeman said:
what size do you need and are there any specifics about what you want component wise?
Well, I am pretty short (5'4") and I have tried a 50 Specialized Allez, a 48 Dolce (that I thought might need a longer stem) and I was told that I would ride about a 49-50 in Bianchi or C-dale by my LBS. I really am looking for something aluminum with a carbon fork, hopefully 105 components too.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
brungeman said:
the section we are cutting now will probably take you around the 1/2 mile of double track and add 3-4 miles of super flowing single track with sections of technicals and stunts. (lots of stunts planned too)
just curious what sort of planning/approval you needed for the stunts.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
narlus said:
just curious what sort of planning/approval you needed for the stunts.
all of the stunts in the trail are elevated bridges etc to avoid problem areas, and to make sure the trail is sustainable. Anything more than that is off trail, and is all stuff we have planned for the future once we get the trail worked in. I am involved with the local Imba, and trail advocacy group so as far as the approval, I will work with the rest of the Trail advocates, and Andy (the head of county parks maintanance etc) who is also a gravity junky to get approval. as long as they are going to be off trail and marked ride at your own risk etc with all of the tech jargon, we should be able to build some cool stuff!

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
bluebug32 said:
I have to figure out exactly what I want to do first and I don't need to do anything right away, just considering other things.

Maybe I should follow the trend and just go work at my LBS.

Hope you have a good one because you seem far too intelligent to work at most LBS's I've seen.:)

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Morning all,

I've got another day off before I have to return to work, so I might go and get a ride in. Probably a good thing since the temps have skyrocketed in the last week. Better to ride now and get acclimated than wait for a ride with the hammerheads.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
b-man, sounds great!! definitely have manhattan drag his camera so we can see how these things come out.

i had a fairly hohum night last night, but did get out to play w/ kids for a bit (first made a 'pirate ship' in the basement, out of scraps of wood and some screws. you *really* have to use yr imagination...). then we went outside (damn was it cold) and played with the t-ball stand for a while, until otis crushed it w/ the bat.

watched big papi ruin the yanks w/ the big HR; that was nice.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
2 finals down, 1 to go. 7 pm marks the end of my sophomore year. Can't come soon enough, I am ready for a few days off and then right back into the work force. Yay! :rolleyes:

J

JRB

TreeSaw said:
Hope she has a good check-up. More shots? I am not looking forward to that again, but I know she needs them. Have a safe trip.
11 1/2 lbs and 23 1/4" tall. She got 4 shots, which she screamed about, but I quickly swept her up and took her outside for a little walk. She settled right down. Dr Baltran said she looks really good, and it's time for solid foods. :eek: Already. Yikes.

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
Time accelerates oddly when you have children...... are you getting fatter & balder too?
Just fatter, but hopefully in the next few weeks that will all change with a renewed enery. :thumb: Just waiting on the accountant to sign off on funds.

:fingers crossed:

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning all,

Finally fixed the flat on the road bike (3 tubes later) and got in a ride around the neighborhood both last night and this morning before work. Felt good to go fast.

First 100 degree day here in Phoenix, summer starts now...

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
loco said:
11 1/2 lbs and 23 1/4" tall. She got 4 shots, which she screamed about, but I quickly swept her up and took her outside for a little walk. She settled right down. Dr Baltran said she looks really good, and it's time for solid foods. :eek: Already. Yikes.
YEAH!!!! I would guess that Syd is about the same. Her 4th month appointment is on the 19th. "Solid foods" -- did they recommend anything in particular?

J

JRB

TreeSaw said:
YEAH!!!! I would guess that Syd is about the same. Her 4th month appointment is on the 19th. "Solid foods" -- did they recommend anything in particular?
Cereal with breast milk first. Then yellow veggies (ie carrots, squash), then greens (ie peas, green beans), last fruit. He mentioned a few days on each first. This is getting scary.

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
Good luck, mate. Although I have no idea what "enery" is...... :think:

Is it like an enema? :eek:
It said energy. Someone must have edited my post to make me look careless. :D

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
loco said:
Cereal with breast milk first. Then yellow veggies (ie carrots, squash), then greens (ie peas, green beans), last fruit. He mentioned a few days on each first. This is getting scary.
Yup! That seems like what I have been hearing too. They recommed fruits last (according to my Dr.) because they are naturally sweeter and the babies tend to like them better and won't want to eat veggies if they are introduced later. I am looking forward to Syd having some solid foods. She's already showing interest in what we're doing when we're eating so I think she's getting ready for something new. Keep us posted on how she's doing. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of her spitting strained peas all over ;)

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
working nights... building a deck by day... i miss my bike..

my chain snapped last night on my commute to work.. got stuck in the rear tire.. i slid 10 ft clipped in and had no idea what happened.
time to get a new chain/cvastte.. there shot