Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I'm going to be running F'ing late today. First I need to stop by and chat with the local building inspector then I have a bunch of other work f'ing schit to do.

Hope ya all have a great day!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Good F'n morning stosh and all of you.

my friend came back from a long weekend at the beach, and brought back some sand, so I am in a good mood today. I told her that all I needed was to smell the ocean and it would get me through the tough end of the year. She came through so life is good:thumb:

have a great day!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
hit my local spot (Gibbs), I was going to contact my duo partner from my last race but never got around to it...but guess who pulls in 2 minutes after me?? >very cool being we ride at a very similar pace

I forgot how much frigging fun this place is, its a short trail/loop but has just about everything; drop: yep, logs: lots, skinny bridge: yup, tight switch backs: ofcourse, jumps: yes mam, roots:hell yes! :thumb:

we did it forward, then backward - it was a awesome after work ride! :D

I wisk some of you monkies would make the drive over here, Gibbs would defiitely be one of places I give you a tour of.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. An uneventful evening last night. I decided to take a rest day yesterday after 15 straight days of either riding, working out, or playing hockey. My body needed the rest.

Four days 'till vacation...

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin all.

Had x-rays taken yesterday to confirm that I broke my finger over the weekend. It's currently in a splint; I need to make an appointment with a bone doctor so I can have another person tell me it's broken :rolleyes:

Right now it's pretty gloomy out, but the forcast for today is good... I'm hoping to try out the finger on a road ride today. I also have to get together an order for some bike stuff (nothing exciting... gloves, lube, frame pump, etc.).

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I threw up with such force that the corners of my eyes are black and blue.

I had a fun night.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
jacksonpt said:
Mornin all.

Had x-rays taken yesterday to confirm that I broke my finger over the weekend. It's currently in a splint; I need to make an appointment with a bone doctor so I can have another person tell me it's broken :rolleyes:

.).
that sucks, did you have them make the splint handlebar compliant?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
douglas said:
that sucks, did you have them make the splint handlebar compliant?
I'll probably take it off to ride. It's just a question of how an hour's worth of road vibrations will make it feel. I'm not sure I could ride the dirt with it at this point... I think the bumps would be too much.

Arsbars

"Finger Lickin' Good"
Mar 25, 2003
Charlotte, NC
Morning ya'll. Glorious cold and wet here. I feel like I live in Portland after the past couple days.

Have a good day

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
..Yo all. I am still recuperating from the weekend...uhhh...feel myself stifffening right up. Cleaned up the fleet of bikes and racing crap last night (cleaning out all the red clay dust from the car, the EZ UP, etc. which makes up the Platty lot). Not much on tap today, just work then my other work then practice then home.

Hey Doug - Mo and her friend are riding at Gibbs tonight, was it dry?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
stevew said:
I threw up with such force that the corners of my eyes are black and blue.

I had a fun night.
food poisoning?

i started to check out the Pisgah trail guide i got, to map out what rides we are gonna do. i think i'll learn from burly's experience ;)

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Good morning. Second day back at work, just got computer access yesterday afternoon so I didn't get a chance to post at all yesterday.

Traded away my 01 Bullit and a few things for an 05 Heckler. Thing is in great condition, and now I get to start the always fun building process. So far it is breaking down like this:

Frame: 05 Heckler
Fork: 05 Sherman Flick Plus
Headset: Chris King
Wheels: Mavic EX325s on Ringle Hubs
Crankset: Shimano Hone

The only things I am not sure about right now are tires and a front derailleur. It has been 2+ years since I have used a front derailleur, so what should I look at? XTR? SRAM?

Same goes for tires, this bike is going to be more of a trail bike with a little bit of freeride/DH mixed in so I am not sure if I would be better off getting smaller DH casing tires and running XC tubes or getting some Kevlar bead tires and running DH tubes.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Got out and rode last night (see ride report for details) and it felt great!!

My bike hauls ass and I'm digging it in a big way. I think I need a 73x118 bb instead of a 73x121 though. I have it in the parts box - just need to make the swap to see how it affects the chainline.

Brought my bike in to work and hopefully the rain will hold off at least until 8 or so tonight so I can get another ride in.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good f'ing morning!

Meh....not a huge amount to report. Drank a bit too much wine last night, so my head is a tad fuzzy this morning, and I think I have a f'ing hernia.

So......I've got that going for me. :rolleyes:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
douglas said:
hit my local spot (Gibbs), I was going to contact my duo partner from my last race but never got around to it...but guess who pulls in 2 minutes after me?? >very cool being we ride at a very similar pace

I forgot how much frigging fun this place is, its a short trail/loop but has just about everything; drop: yep, logs: lots, skinny bridge: yup, tight switch backs: ofcourse, jumps: yes mam, roots:hell yes! :thumb:

we did it forward, then backward - it was a awesome after work ride! :D

I wisk some of you monkies would make the drive over here, Gibbs would defiitely be one of places I give you a tour of.

Doug - where is this Gibbs you speak of?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Polandspring88 said:
Good morning. Second day back at work, just got computer access yesterday afternoon so I didn't get a chance to post at all yesterday.

Traded away my 01 Bullit and a few things for an 05 Heckler. Thing is in great condition, and now I get to start the always fun building process. So far it is breaking down like this:

Frame: 05 Heckler
Fork: 05 Sherman Flick Plus
Headset: Chris King
Wheels: Mavic EX325s on Ringle Hubs
Crankset: Shimano Hone

The only things I am not sure about right now are tires and a front derailleur. It has been 2+ years since I have used a front derailleur, so what should I look at? XTR? SRAM?

Same goes for tires, this bike is going to be more of a trail bike with a little bit of freeride/DH mixed in so I am not sure if I would be better off getting smaller DH casing tires and running XC tubes or getting some Kevlar bead tires and running DH tubes.
Do it this way, save some money on the derailure and get an xt they work like a charm and how often do you really use the front anyway? Then use the few bucks sitting around to bump yourself up to a pair of SAINT cranks. YES there is a huge difference you will be happy with your choice, they are a work of art.

As for tires i would go with something like the nevegal, 2.5/2.3 combo, run regular xc tubes and live well...

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Do it this way, save some money on the derailure and get an xt they work like a charm and how often do you really use the front anyway? Then use the few bucks sitting around to bump yourself up to a pair of SAINT cranks. YES there is a huge difference you will be happy with your choice, they are a work of art.

As for tires i would go with something like the nevegal, 2.5/2.3 combo, run regular xc tubes and live well...
I have a few older XT front derailleurs sitting around, I just wasn't sure if they are as good as the new ones are. I don't use the front much anyway, I have run a 36t or 34t ring for a couple of years and have had good luck climbing up most of the hills, I was just looking to make this one a little bit more versatile and was not sure if a 22t ring would be a good thing to have. I am pretty sure that I want the Hones as far as the cranks go, I had a set of Diabolus before and being comparable to the Saints are too heavy for me. I am only 160 lbs and don't do anything too crazy, so I don't know if I need the heft of the Saints.

J

JRB

Good f'n morning. My f'n laptop sh*t the bed when I installed Norton System works. It trashed a master boot record, so I don't know what my plan is going to be. :( Relatively frustrating. I wish I had just bought and downloaded ZoneAlarm, but never have had issues with Norton.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
I'm pretty pissed right now. Just got a ticket for running a red light on my morning commute ON MY BIKE. It looks like I'm getting it in the but to the tune of $150 plus a $50 surcharge. WTF!

So mad. Mad that I stopped and mad that I lost my cool on the officer.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Polandspring88 said:
I have a few older XT front derailleurs sitting around, I just wasn't sure if they are as good as the new ones are. I don't use the front much anyway, I have run a 36t or 34t ring for a couple of years and have had good luck climbing up most of the hills, I was just looking to make this one a little bit more versatile and was not sure if a 22t ring would be a good thing to have. I am pretty sure that I want the Hones as far as the cranks go, I had a set of Diabolus before and being comparable to the Saints are too heavy for me. I am only 160 lbs and don't do anything too crazy, so I don't know if I need the heft of the Saints.
I am 160 lbs as well, and i ride the saints on my dj/street/park/freeride bikes, i just love them, they are so stiff and solid under you, i dont know if it is really about heft as much as it is the stiffness. they ride light...

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Tame Ape said:
I'm pretty pissed right now. Just got a ticket for running a red light on my morning commute ON MY BIKE. It looks like I'm getting it in the but to the tune of $150 plus a $50 surcharge. WTF!

what is the surcharge for?

I fought a ticket a few years back, where I was charged for the CAT fund which is catastrophic injuries. Here in PA it doesnt apply to motorcycles, or bikes. I won (I had photos and diagrams) and the cop was thrown out of the court for some tech reason. Every ticket that cop was fighting that day was tossed. :thumb: I was not in the wrong, (for once) he was poaching people at a precarious intersection.

ktmsx

Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
CT.
Tame Ape said:

sorry for laughing but that is pretty funny crap....ha..ha...ha...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I got my 2 bikes loaded up for tonights ride. I brought my MKIII with me to let my friend who's looking for a bike ride it.

J

JRB

I personally don't think it's funny that this cat is gonna be out $200. I don't run lights or stop signs most of the time, but I guess if I got a ticket, I would be pissed, but would live.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Tonight is going to suck, i just bought an x.0 derailure/shifter combo and the damn thing will NOT shift right, im guessing it's error on my fault, but i have tuned thousands of derailures...driving me nuts...

So yeah that is what ill be doing....

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Mornin all. Perfect morning for the commute. With the bike path I take, it's hit or miss as to whether you get majority hags or hotties jogging/riding. This morning was hotties :thumb:

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Tonight is going to suck, i just bought an x.0 derailure/shifter combo and the damn thing will NOT shift right, im guessing it's error on my fault, but i have tuned thousands of derailures...driving me nuts...

So yeah that is what ill be doing....
Perhaps a bent derailleur hanger? That is often the cause of many shifting woes, though few people check it.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
brungeman said:
what is the surcharge for?

I fought a ticket a few years back, where I was charged for the CAT fund which is catastrophic injuries. Here in PA it doesnt apply to motorcycles, or bikes. I won (I had photos and diagrams) and the cop was thrown out of the court for some tech reason. Every ticket that cop was fighting that day was tossed. :thumb: I was not in the wrong, (for once) he was poaching people at a precarious intersection.
Who knows?! Its a total load of crap though. If I was Bruce Banner I'd be chucking cars around right now.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Tame Ape said:

Oh wow, that really sucks! Hang in there

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
stosh said:
Yeah Ethan, I'm going to agree with this Guy/girl.
Suck it Trebek!!

Ever better was when he told me that I couldn't ride a bike with a suspended motor vehicle license.

Bah! I should have dropped the hammer and booted out of there.