Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Whomever wants the :weee: smiley to "crawl up my ass and die," here you go assmunch:

:weee: :weee: :weee: :weee: :weee: :weee: :weee: :weee: :weee:

Don't hate the smiley for being way cuter than you... :rolleyes:

Everyone else, have a great day! :D

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
antimony said:
Whomever wants the :weee: smiley to "crawl up my ass and die," here you go assmunch:

I approve! That smiley is second only to this guy: :mumble:

J

JRB

antimony said:

Did someone really do that??? Sheesh. DRB is a baby and people neg rep over smilies. This place may as well be run by Caeser. We are destined for ruin. :(

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Tonight is going to suck, i just bought an x.0 derailure/shifter combo and the damn thing will NOT shift right, im guessing it's error on my fault, but i have tuned thousands of derailures...driving me nuts...

So yeah that is what ill be doing....
this could be a longshot, but i've experienced it once before. check the cassette lockring...if it's loose, your cassette can move enough on the freehub body to cause shifting problems.

J

JRB

Tame Ape said:
Guess I'll just say it.

You Suck
What the hell did I do?

I'm even the guy that didn't think it's funny you got a ticket. Sheesh.

J

JRB

Echo said:
What you SHOULD do is ignore it. Then eventually most people will give up. The ones that don't will be dealt with.
Good point, John. Noted. :thumb:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
antimony said:

HA, another internet tough guy who doesn't sign his comments.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Tame Ape said:
Suck it Trebek!!

Ever better was when he told me that I couldn't ride a bike with a suspended motor vehicle license.

Bah! I should have dropped the hammer and booted out of there.
Ha, I've seen you drop the hammer... you probably would have been shot at and hit because you weren't that far away.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Polandspring88 said:
Perhaps a bent derailleur hanger? That is often the cause of many shifting woes, though few people check it.
Well it is a very new Evil Soveirgn Frame...And if you have spent any time around one, you know the dropouts are damn near impossible to bend...I dont think it's that...Good thought though....

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
stosh said:
Ha, I've seen you drop the hammer... you probably would have been shot at and hit because you weren't that far away.

Thats a gearing issue.

I was riding in loafers too and slip of off the pedals sometimes.:dead:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
narlus said:
this could be a longshot, but i've experienced it once before. check the cassette lockring...if it's loose, your cassette can move enough on the freehub body to cause shifting problems.
That is a really good call out too...I'll give it a go.

ktmsx

Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
CT.
loco said:
I personally don't think it's funny that this cat is gonna be out $200. I don't run lights or stop signs most of the time, but I guess if I got a ticket, I would be pissed, but would live.
you don't think it is a little funny that you can get a ticket for riding a bicyle...sorry but if I am driving down the road and see a cop giving someone a ticket for speeding or whatever I would not think twice about it but if the said cop has a bicyle pulled over..again a little funny.

J

JRB

ktmsx said:
you don't think it is a little funny that you can get a ticket for riding a bicyle...sorry but if I am driving down the road and see a cop giving someone a ticket for speeding or whatever I would not think twice about it but if the said cop has a bicyle pulled over..again a little funny.
I agree that the premise is funny. I also know that we have to follow the same rules. I'm saying that it's not funny that one of our bros here got a ticket. I don't think it's funny when someone gets a speeding ticket, so this isn't any different for me really.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Tame Ape said:
Thats a gearing issue.

I was riding in loafers too and slip of off the pedals sometimes.:dead:
I just see you riding around NYC in your old man slippers now... thats a funny picture in my head.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
loco said:
I agree that the premise is funny. I also know that we have to follow the same rules. I'm saying that it's not funny that one of our bros here got a ticket. I don't think it's funny when someone gets a speeding ticket, so this isn't any different for me really.

It sucks, but at the same time I think the humor is in the amount I have to pay! $200!!!! Jeebus! For running a red light on a bike? How skewed is that?

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
stosh said:
I just see you riding around NYC in your old man slippers now... thats a funny picture in my head.
Slipping pedals in OM Loafers sucks (OM=old man).

Did I mention I got my ink for the Tractor:Semi line? It looks amazing! I'll try to remeber to post a pic tonight.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Tame Ape said:
Slipping pedals in OM Loafers sucks (OM=old man).

Did I mention I got my ink for the Tractor:Semi line? It looks amazing! I'll try to remeber to post a pic tonight.
sweet, I can't wait to see it!

J

JRB

Tame Ape said:
It sucks, but at the same time I think the humor is in the amount I have to pay! $200!!!! Jeebus! For running a red light on a bike? How skewed is that?
That's the part that's not funny, but I hope the ticket for running a light is $200 here. That is the most offended law in my neighborhood.

I agree that it's stupid that it's that much for a bike, but I concede that if I want people to share the road, I should share it too.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
splat said:
never herd that one before ! were you cited for that too?
Me either. But no, I have a CT license.

I kept the CT one because its a 'get out of jail free card' sometimes. I can pretend that I'm a NYC noob and didn't know any better.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
loco said:
That's the part that's not funny, but I hope the ticket for running a light is $200 here. That is the most offended law in my neighborhood.

I agree that it's stupid that it's that much for a bike, but I concede that if I want people to share the road, I should share it too.
For the most part I agree, but only on paper. In dense metro traffic, I don't know if a non-motorized vehicle (like a bike or roller-blade dork) should have to use the same rules. A lot of times I'm cutting lanes or lights to get ahead of traffic in order to put myself in a better position to watch traffic and stay in one piece. Its self-presevation.

J

JRB

Tame Ape said:
For the most part I agree, but only on paper. In dense metro traffic, I don't know if a non-motorized vehicle (like a bike or roller-blade dork) should have to use the same rules. A lot of times I'm cutting lanes or lights to get ahead of traffic in order to put myself in a better position to watch traffic and stay in one piece. Its self-presevation.
That's a part of cycling that I know nothing about. I also don't know if I want to. I can only offer up to be careful. I know that the rules need to be different there, but not having been, I certainly couldn't say how.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
loco said:
That's a part of cycling that I know nothing about. I also don't know if I want to. I can only offer up to be careful. I know that the rules need to be different there, but not having been, I certainly couldn't say how.
I'd say running red lights is a bad idea, even in city traffic. It sounds dangerous. But what do I know? :D

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Tame Ape said:
I've never ridden in that type of traffic, but I know in rush hour traffic up here (which is probably still WAAAAY better than what you ride in), running a light NEVER puts me in a safer position. Yes, I don't always use lanes like motor traffic has to, and I often cut through parking lots and such, but runnign intersections is never safer than stopping. Even if you roll up past traffic to be first in line at the intersection, that's still better than running the light, IMO.

Again, just my experience from where/how I ride.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Woah. Between the post and the signature, there's a whole lot of :weee: in that post! :D

'morning everyone. I had to tell a nurse at a local clinic today that the expiration on a drug vial, when it says "Exp. May 06", it means it expires in May, 2006 - not May 6th. She actually threw that vial out and brought in another one that said, "Exp. Sept 07" so she felt better :rolleyes:

J

JRB

binary visions said:
'morning everyone. I had to tell a nurse at a local clinic today that the expiration on a drug vial, when it says "Exp. May 06", it means it expires in May, 2006 - not May 6th. She actually threw that vial out and brought in another one that said, "Exp. Sept 07" so she felt better :rolleyes:
Wow - I don't know what I would have said.