Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
jacksonpt said:
I've never ridden in that type of traffic, but I know in rush hour traffic up here (which is probably still WAAAAY better than what you ride in), running a light NEVER puts me in a safer position. Yes, I don't always use lanes like motor traffic has to, and I often cut through parking lots and such, but runnign intersections is never safer than stopping. Even if you roll up past traffic to be first in line at the intersection, that's still better than running the light, IMO.

Again, just my experience from where/how I ride.
The lights thing is more like rolling a stop-sign. You come up to the light (dodge the peds) and slow down. If people are crossing the street, no cars are coming immediately (no one wants to get smushed by a car). Otherwise you work on your trackstand until you can cross. I would never blow through an intersection at full speed, to dangerous.

Also, the speed of the cars is limited for the most part by the sheer population of other cars on the road. Everybody has a different style and approach to handling the traffic here.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
binary visions said:
'morning everyone. I had to tell a nurse at a local clinic today that the expiration on a drug vial, when it says "Exp. May 06", it means it expires in May, 2006 - not May 6th. She actually threw that vial out and brought in another one that said, "Exp. Sept 07" so she felt better :rolleyes:
Good to know that the people giving me drugs are well educated as to what the labels on the vials mean.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Polandspring88 said:
Good to know that the people giving me drugs are well educated as to what the labels on the vials mean.
Believe me, I asked to see the vial and carefully inspected it. At least she was good giving the shot.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
woohoo!!!

just got back from my lunch time road ride and the broken finger didn't bother me much. It reminded me it was there on some of the harder bumps, but generally wasn't a problem. Getting down in the drops was a little uncomfortable, but not a huge deal.

I can see how mtn biking is probably out for a while though.