Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Jim Mac said:
I will do so, Sir! Funny thing is, my wife is asking to go to Plattekill to ride DH and I want to do a long XC ride, go figure! Will drop you (and Doug?) a PM later in das week. I'll see if I can drag up a few Ren'tler and Albany folks as well.

this w/e = 4 days in GA, so no riding spier for me

I hope its not pouring so I can do tonights group road ride
and not pouring tomorrow so I can do the group Mtn bike ride

stupid rain!

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
Taking a 1/2 day today to see the Doc and get new tires on the car. The offspring and I will hang out tonight as the missus is going out. Got a new/used Float R need to get bushings to mount.

3 more days 'til riding at Syllamo! Woot!

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Morning all. Well the 4 year party is over, now its time to get a job. Other than that I am just happy I finally got more than 5 hours of sleep last night. The past 4 or so days leading up to yesterday were rugged, but a blast.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Hi all - Rode up part of the way to Mt. Bachelor after work last night. I can't believe how far up you can go without too much snow on the sides!!!! I got a couple fat thunderstorm rain drops and that's it. It was about 80 degrees out still. DAMN IT, I wish it would rain here sometime so that our trails don't get too dusty.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
GumbaFish said:
Morning all. Well the 4 year party is over, now its time to get a job. Other than that I am just happy I finally got more than 5 hours of sleep last night. The past 4 or so days leading up to yesterday were rugged, but a blast.
I was in your position last year at this time...The most fast paced partying/studying saga ever...I didnt sleep, just did whatever... Came out with a killer qpa too...

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Heidi said:
Hi all - Rode up part of the way to Mt. Bachelor after work last night. I can't believe how far up you can go without too much snow on the sides!!!! I got a couple fat thunderstorm rain drops and that's it. It was about 80 degrees out still. DAMN IT, I wish it would rain here sometime so that our trails don't get too dusty.
Wow, what's it like to ride on a trail that's not dusty? :D

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
splat said:
Careful what you wish for. we were saying that not 2 weeks ago. Now were doing the back stroke.
Ha! Well, that type of crazy thing rarely happens here. Seems more common over in your neck of the woods. I just can't believe how fast the snow melted and stuff dried out!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
robdamanii said:
Not really the best idea to be bedding in a set of discs while screaming down a hill covered with dirt, grit and crap to screw up things.
:confused:

those are the ideal conditions to bed in brakes. one run and yr done.

splat

Nam I am
Heidi said:
Ha! Well, that type of crazy thing rarely happens here. Seems more common over in your neck of the woods. I just can't believe how fast the snow melted and stuff dried out!
This is anything but normal for us!! and we were in the same boat , total disbelief how fast the snow melted and everything dried up and became dusty.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
robdamanii said:
For the brakes, yeah, that's pretty good. For the rider who's on unfamiliar trails with unfamiliar and not optimally performing brakes, not so good.
You'll be a-ok! The trails are not so much different then those at Stewart, maybe a little grippier after all this wetness. Oh, and no shale.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
mrbigisbudgood said:
Gettin ready for a road trip out east. Wva, Va..etc.
Going to see your family or something?

You been riding your bike much?

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
stosh said:
Going to see your family or something?

You been riding your bike much?
Wedding in WVA, should be VERY interesting. Then off to VA to see some friends, go to a big Subaru meet in Nawfolk.

I've been riding my bike that goes braaaaapapaaaaa, braaaapappaaaaap.........

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
mrbigisbudgood said:
Wedding in WVA, should be VERY interesting. Then off to VA to see some friends, go to a big Subaru meet in Nawfolk.

I've been riding my bike that goes braaaaapapaaaaa, braaaapappaaaaap.........
Oh....

So is the wedding going to be typical WV type redneck wedding?