Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Well another F'ing day at work and another day of not riding.
I'll be happy when this project at work is F'ing done!
What's everybody got planned for today?

This weekend is the typical weekend for Mountain Bike Weekend, I'm kind of sad they aren't running it anymore.... I had such a great time last year, I guess just like anything in life all you're left with is memories.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
fluff said:
Afternoon. I'm heading home today. Will be nice, I may even get a chance to get my bike back together.
sweet, where do you live?

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Morning. Went to Vassar Farms last night and had an awesome ride. It wasn't nearly as muddy as I thought it would be. Hitting up the 909 on Thursday for the first time as long as the weather cooperates.

Off to do a story for work. Busy busy week that ends with a business trip to Boston.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Morning.

Went for a road ride to test out my new crankset last night. Not too bad. The extra 10mm length of the crankarms makes a big difference in my spin, and the cranks work beautifully. Only dropped the chain once (going to the inside ring) so I had to make some roadside adjustments. Upped my regular training speed a half mile per hour and felt really good afterward, so I'm pretty stoked.

Not much planned for today besides an exam, a couple classes and another road ride.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yo. Sinus headache/allergies in full effect. Drinking a bomber of Syracuse brew's Kilt Tilter Scotch Ale last night didn't help, either. Rode Pittstown last night - it was greasy, in fact, it was in the worst conditions that I have seen in at least 4 years....I think there was a group ride there Saturday after all that rain and everything seemed really, really chewed up. Anyway, got tired of climbing slowly in the mud so we turned around and flew down fromthe highest point - that was nice!

Off a few days later in the week- plan to do some serious riding, I hope! Still debating doing the Mt. Snow race, but registration closes today...

habitatxskate

blah blah blah
Mar 22, 2005
thank god i don't have allergies, i'm the only one in my family who doesn't..i'm prone to that ****, muahahaha natural selection in progress

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning,

Going on a shorter night ride tonight since it's suppose to be 112 degrees today. Just dragging every thing to work and heading out afterwards. Usually not too bad after the sun goes down.

Have a good day.

splat

Nam I am
robdamanii said:
Morning.

Went for a road ride to test out my new crankset last night. Not too bad. The extra 10mm length of the crankarms makes a big difference in my spin, and the cranks work beautifully. Only dropped the chain once (going to the inside ring) so I had to make some roadside adjustments. Upped my regular training speed a half mile per hour and felt really good afterward, so I'm pretty stoked.

Not much planned for today besides an exam, a couple classes and another road ride.
what length cranks did you go to ?

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Since I put in extra hours last week and they are trying to hold me to 40 per week, the powers that be told me to take a half day this week. Taking it today and I am going to spend the afternoon golfing. Beautiful day for it too.

Work got infinitely more interesting as of yesterday. I was recruited to help make a training video, and whereas I am one of the only people in the building that has experience with multimedia and the associated programs I should have free reign to do pretty much whatever I want.

Oh yea, and I saw a guy walking a turtle last night, in addition to the guy driving down the street in his lawn mower during rush hour traffic.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Jim Mac said:
Yo. Sinus headache/allergies in full effect. Drinking a bomber of Syracuse brew's Kilt Tilter Scotch Ale last night didn't help, either. Rode Pittstown last night - it was greasy, in fact, it was in the worst conditions that I have seen in at least 4 years....I think there was a group ride there Saturday after all that rain and everything seemed really, really chewed up. Anyway, got tired of climbing slowly in the mud so we turned around and flew down fromthe highest point - that was nice!

Off a few days later in the week- plan to do some serious riding, I hope! Still debating doing the Mt. Snow race, but registration closes today...
Hey, I know you.... :)

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Hello, you f'ing Monkeys!!! :cool:

Mowed my f'ing yard yesterday. It f'ing needed it. Been super f'ing hot and dry for the last week and a half, so I let it grow. Now that it's been raining for the last 4 f'ing days, it blew up like Kirstie Allie in the 90's. :bomb:

Gonna head out to the f'ing trails this afternoon and finish the f'ing lander to the double we started on Sunday. Y'all have a great f'ing day!

J

JRB

Good f'n morning. 3 different instances of folks going 40mph on the 2 lane road I drive in on. grrrr

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
stosh said:
...I guess just like anything in life all you're left with is memories.
:single profound tear:
Now who's Emo!?!

Last night was the Confluence. The whole family was together for one time this year before everyone goes back to their respective corners of the globe. After dinner, we walked through Central Park to see my Aunt. Nice times.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
'sup yo.

Today is the first day since Friday that I'm not f'n sick as a dog.
I spent the weekend pretty much poisoned and teetering on the edge of certain death. Then I got better. Yeaa!

I need new tires for my DOC and I'm debating trying a slick like a Holyroller or an Arrow Launch.
The bike rarely sees dirt trails and even then they're hardpack.

Have a great day :monkey:s!

J

JRB

splat said:
yep , then if they are doing 40 they deserve a heat seaker up the tail pipe .
I don't want them to die. I just wouldn't mind them driving on the shoulder to let a few folks by.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
JRB said:
I don't want them to die. I just wouldn't mind them driving on the shoulder to let a few folks by.
Wait, so you want other people to drive on the shoulder when you're in a hurry, but not when they're in a hurry? :rofl:

Go ahead, call me an antagonistic ass.

J

JRB

Echo said:
Wait, so you want other people to drive on the shoulder when you're in a hurry, but not when they're in a hurry? :rofl:

Go ahead, call me an antagonistic ass.
The law here states that you can drive on the shoulder to allow faster moving traffic to pass on the left. This has nothing to do with a median. Come to TX and learn the rules before you make your whitty comments.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. Recovering from a 24 hour-ish stomach flu that has kept me on the toilet since Sunday evening. Back at work today, but watching what I eat/drink. Going to p/u the new bike tonight. Gonna try anyway...it was supposed to be ready yesterday. Had a good ride on Sat. (sorry things didn't work out Beth/Rob). Trails were pretty sloppy, but the weather cleared up and the sun came out for a good part of the ride. Only other thing of note was that my daughter split her pinky open really bad on Sunday. She probably could have used a stitch or two, but we butterfly'd it and hopefully it'll be ok. Man it's tough to see your kids scared and in pain. Broke my heart... :(

J

JRB

McGRP01 said:
Morning. Recovering from a 24 hour-ish stomach flu that has kept me on the toilet since Sunday evening. Back at work today, but watching what I eat/drink. Going to p/u the new bike tonight. Gonna try anyway...it was supposed to be ready yesterday. Had a good ride on Sat. (sorry things didn't work out Beth/Rob). Trails were pretty sloppy, but the weather cleared up and the sun came out for a good part of the ride. Only other thing of note was that my daughter split her pinky open really bad on Sunday. She probably could have used a stitch or two, but we butterfly'd it and hopefully it'll be ok. Man it's tough to see your kids scared and in pain. Broke my heart... :(

I hope everyone is better soon. I can't imagine how horrible it will be the first time Caroline is hurt. It was worse than anything I can imagine when she had jaundice and had to go under lights overnight and I was sick and couldn't go with her. Then when she had an IV and oxygen, that killed me. It still makes me very sad to picture it.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good morning! Had a nice road ride with Sq-Earl last night. He commuted home from work and I finished my lessons and rode about half way to meet him and ride back with him. He was surprised and it was nice. I felt pretty strong on the climb back up to our house. Hopefully I can get out tonight and do the same.

My little monster wouldn't go back to sleep this morning and cried when I left her crib-side. She's already starting to have separation anxiety :( She's fine when I leave if she has distractions (toys or is sleeping) but this morning she wasn't happy at all. My sister was there with her and she said she calmed down pretty quickly afterward, but I still felt bad. She's so funny now and generally happy so I hate to see her cry. A recent shot of little miss personality:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
McGRP01 said:
I'm not looking forward to those painful cries! Syd's teething right now and that's bad enough!