Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Let me tell you how happy I am to be back at F'ing work!! :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble:

Anyway going riding after work if the rain stops so thats pretty F'ing sweet!!

What's everybody got on tap for today?

splat

Nam I am
Morning Stosh

Raining here , so I rode my Fixed gear into work. About 3/4 mile from office a Piece of glass put a 2 inch slice in my Side wall. I walked the rest of the way , will fix it later.

also My Company annouced they are going to lay off 1700 People ( 12%) but didn't say when. O this will be fun waiting .

tonight doing trail work

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
Morning Stosh

Raining here , so I rode my Fixed gear into work. About 3/4 mile from office a Piece of glass put a 2 inch slice in my Side wall. I walked the rest of the way , will fix it later.

also My Company annouced they are going to lay off 1700 People ( 12%) but didn't say when. O this will be fun waiting .

tonight doing trail work
Wow, thats scary man! I'm sorry to hear that, I hope everything turns out ok.

You guys aren't heading to Rocking Horse Ranch this year?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Damn, splat. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Ordered a new battery for my handlebar light (thanks for the assistance, splat). $10 for two replacement batteries. I only need one battery, but it's sold as two. It'll be cool having a fully charged backup! Now I just hope I can wire the new battery without blowing up the house. :clue:

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning,

Had a great weekend camping and riding in Flagstaff, not ready to walk back into the sh*tstorm yesterday at work.

Hopefully today will be much better.

Hopefully your day will be good too.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Had a good night last night... actually, had a good day in general yesterday. Today I have my standing status meeting with my supervisor - a joyous occasion for sure. We don't see eye to eye on projects EVER, so these things never go very well. That should set a nice tone for the day :rolleyes:

I'm on kid duty tonight. I have to finish a gate I started last night (to block off the stairs on the deck). Other than that, not much happening in these here parts.

On a side note - you up for a Stewart ride in a few weeks, say early Sept? Not sure how busy you are coming off the wedding/honeymoon with work and all...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
splat, good luck!! that is a big drag hearing impending news like that.

was gonna ride in but it was pouring...i'll ride in later this week.

probably hit spin class for the 1st time in a while tonight instead.

bought another street hockey net last night, so now we've got two. the games are gonna rock. my kids love it.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Good f'ing morning, stosh.

Not much to say, just wanted to participate in the f'ing thread.

New brake pads are good, all bedded in and I had a minor f'ing annoying squeal yesterday that has gone away. I want to bleed them next since I'm sure it hasn't been done in 5 years.

Hope everyone has a good f'ing Tuesday. Good luck with the layoffs, splat, I'm pulling for ya' :)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Oh, and my old boss contacted me yesterday... When I quit my last f'ing job and moved down here, he hired me back as an outside contractor for a few months at more than double what I was making while working for them.

Now, he wants a little more contract work, only a few hours a week, and he's willing to pay more than double what he paid me last time :D :thumb:. That f'ing company's hiring practices are ridiculous. They still haven't replaced me and it's been a year.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
morning all....
splat I hope all works out well for you.

I got to ride half a trail yesterday . after 40 minutes of riding we ran into heavy over-growth with thorns. after 5mins. of that and a hundred or so scratches we turned around. needless to the shower afterwards was not pleasant. tonight I think I will cruise around on the ss.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning Monkeys........

Went on a good road ride with Laura after work last night - damn I love my road bike - it is a fun little bike.

Was supposed to go for a good ride tonight after work, but this rain may put a damper (pun intended) on those plans.

splat - that is some scary news about your company. Hope you stay safe with all that my friend.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning all. Quiet evening last night. Mowed the lawn and then went to the neighbor's house for a little birthday party. Had a few beers there and was home around 8:30. Kelley left this morning on a business trip, and won't be home until Friday night. So, I'm on solo kid patrol for the rest of the week. Wish me luck! :help:

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Good morning! We met with the builder last night and got to make our first round of picks for the house. We chose sand for the siding and midnight green for the shutters. The shingles are just a flat black color. We also chose our cabinets, which will be painted white with brushed nickel hardware. It was a fun time! :weee: Our closing is the 29th of December, but he said it would most likely be finished before the holiday! Woohoo!

Not much else... haven't been feeling well. Got sick everytime I ate something last night. Figured I would try again this morning, and looks like I am heading that way. This follows a 3-day stomach ache, and nothing will touch it. Dr. Toshi?

Have a good one, all! :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh.

Had a good night last night... actually, had a good day in general yesterday. Today I have my standing status meeting with my supervisor - a joyous occasion for sure. We don't see eye to eye on projects EVER, so these things never go very well. That should set a nice tone for the day :rolleyes:

I'm on kid duty tonight. I have to finish a gate I started last night (to block off the stairs on the deck). Other than that, not much happening in these here parts.

On a side note - you up for a Stewart ride in a few weeks, say early Sept? Not sure how busy you are coming off the wedding/honeymoon with work and all...
I'm actually thinking of doing a mini-meet the second weekend of Sept.

That is the same weekend as a local block party down here in the town next to Stewart.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
Good f'ing morning, stosh.

Not much to say, just wanted to participate in the f'ing thread.

New brake pads are good, all bedded in and I had a minor f'ing annoying squeal yesterday that has gone away. I want to bleed them next since I'm sure it hasn't been done in 5 years.

Hope everyone has a good f'ing Tuesday. Good luck with the layoffs, splat, I'm pulling for ya' :)
Well welcome to the F'ing GMT.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
antimony said:
Not much else... haven't been feeling well. Got sick everytime I ate something last night. Figured I would try again this morning, and looks like I am heading that way. This follows a 3-day stomach ache, and nothing will touch it. Dr. Toshi?

Have a good one, all! :)
Pregnant? :)

Nothing much going on here today.....did a little work on some jumps last night at my trails and made some delicious f'ing chicken parmesan.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Pregnant? :)

Nothing much going on here today.....did a little work on some jumps last night at my trails and made some delicious f'ing chicken parmesan.
trail rat... for sure...

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Good f'ing rainy morning. Rescued a turtle on the way to work today. Have a ride planned for later when the rain f'ing stops!

Not sure if Rob made it to the Caymans or not. I was on the phone with him last night when he found out their flight was cancelled in June but the airline never called them. I'll post a :mumble: just for Rob and f'ing Tues

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Good f'ing rainy morning. Rescued a turtle on the way to work today. Have a ride planned for later when the rain f'ing stops!

Not sure if Rob made it to the Caymans or not. I was on the phone with him last night when he found out their flight was cancelled in June but the airline never called them. I'll post a :mumble: just for Rob and f'ing Tues
Ouch, that sucks!!!

Shouldn't he have checked his flight at least a week earlier? Isn't that typical protocall?

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
I discovered that I sunburned the part of my ears where my glasses go and that I have a 1' x 2' sunburn on my back EXACTLY WHERE I COULDN'T REACH. Gaah!

What else... Um, slept like crap?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Tame Ape said:
I discovered that I sunburned the part of my ears where my glasses go and that I have a 1' x 2' sunburn on my back EXACTLY WHERE I COULDN'T REACH. Gaah!

What else... Um, slept like crap?
Were you at the beach or something?

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
bluebug32 said:
dude, you're just beyond help:rolleyes: ;)
I just need a stick with a rag on one side and a mirror on the other and I'm good to go!

edit: All this sunburn talk is from me going to the beach (Long Beach, NY on Long Island) on Sunday and renting surfboards. Also, my chest got pretty roughed up by the board and it felt like someone stuck pins in my nipples when I took a shower later that night. That sucked.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
hooples3 said:
tame you hhave a rough life..btw its a 1ft by 2ft patch
or a 1" by 2" patch ? :)

how are ya tame?
oops! I totally asked a co-worker on that one too! Its two square feet, and at $56/ft its like $112 a month! Damn Manhattan is expensive!

Other then bee-stings and sunburn, I'm doing okay. Sorry I never emailed your friend, I think I really just being a chicken-sh1t about it. If you want to foward it to me again...

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good f'n morning! I am at school getting some lessons in and some work done. It amazes me how inconsiderate some of my parents are. I have been here since 8:30 with lessons scheduled each half hour. The first 2 were no-shows so I called them...no answer/no machine at the first and the mother answers at the second and says "oh, he's on vacation and it didn't even occur to me to call you" :mumble:

Anyway, I had a GREAT solo ride last night (supposed to lead a women's group ride but no one could make it). Syd's got a little stomach bug so she's been a little grumpy too. It's her first little illness and so far she's handling it quite well.

Other than that, I made some homemade baby food for Sydney and she seemed to enjoy it so I will continue as I have time.

vamkie

Chimp
Mar 8, 2006
went for a 5am ride this morning, about 2 miles from home and my chain broke. So I had a 2 mile ride and a 2 mile walk before work

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Good goddamn f'ing tuesday f'in morning to everybody.

Right on. I SHOULD be on a plane right now on my way to sand, sun and crystal clear waters. Instead I'm stuck in rainy NJ, and I'm rather pissed.

We had a 9:00 flight this morning. When we went to check in using e-check in, they wouldn't let us. Some searching found that the f'in airline moved the flight to wednesday at 9:38 am. Sonofa...we had a connecting puddle jumper to Cayman Brac this afternoon, and there aren't any seats on tomorrow's flight. F'in wonderful. We COULD have gotten a 6:00 AM flight today, but it was an extra 400 per person, on a different airline, with a layover in Atlanta, and we would need to be awake at 2 AM for a 3:15 limo pickup. Just f'in wonderful, we'd have 2 hours of sleep the day before vacation. F, F, F, F, F!

So yeah that's....it.