Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I'm at home still, I have a site visit to do before work so I wanted to post the GMT before I left.
Going riding tonight so I'm really looking forward to that.

Hope ya all have a great day!

splat

Nam I am
Morning Stosh!!

Took a different route in to work today. I though for sure it was going to be slightly longer , But it turned out to be shorter :???: going to haveto try and figure this one out.

also on the way in ran in to 2 other guys riding , and the one smoked me sooooo bad it wasn't funny .

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning! I lifted weights and treadmilled last night. My swollen ankle felt no pain. :thumb: I think I'm fine running in a straight line, but the stop and go and change of direction of a game would kill it.

I've got 16 21" monitors being delivered to my department this morning. HOORAY! I only ordered them four months ago. :rolleyes: Damn Purchasing department always waiting for the best deal.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
This will be my last day at home for a while. I have to go to Chicago for a trade show. 25 days without a bike, 25 days with no place to ride a bike, 25 days with no time to ride a bike. The lady in charge of it all thinks I should be happy because I will spend a month near some 'world class shopping'. Somebody shoot me.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Westy said:
This will be my last day at home for a while. I have to go to Chicago for a trade show. 25 days without a bike, 25 days with no place to ride a bike, 25 days with no time to ride a bike. The lady in charge of it all thinks I should be happy because I will spend a month near some 'world class shopping'. Somebody shoot me.
Ugh. :dead:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - another day of vacation for me and my sons. We chilled a lot yesterday - Liam's getting over a cold. But we did play some baseball last night and ate ice cream so it was all good.

However at some point in the not too distant future, I have to see a Dr. about my left shoulder - I think I have a torn rotator cufff. :(

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
mornin Stosh.

Did some weedwhackin last night... man the snakes were out yesterday. Saw 5 of them - in the 3 years we've lived in the house, I hadn't seen any until yesterday, and I saw 5 of them just along the road where I was trimming.

Got up early and had a good workout, so I'm feeling pretty good right now. I have to run to the LBS on my lunch to pick up a crank puller and BB tool. Assuming I do, I'll probably tend to my BB tonight.

We are having bagels this morning for a retirement party type thing, so I'm off to that (joy).

Not much else on for today.

clokstar

Chimp
Aug 16, 2006
Moncton
Morning, it's only 9:30 over here. You guys must get up early. I'm actually going for the morning ride right now. Have a good one.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Westy said:
chicago's a cool town, so i am sure you'll find stuff to do. if nothing else, do some jogging and ogling along LSD.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!

Went Jet-Skiing yesterday afternoon. A friend of mine, who buys them, tricks 'em out and re-sells them, called to tell me he had two that he just finished putting some new parts on and wanted to see if everything ran properly. We pulled them over to the lake and ran 'em for about two hours after work. The water was super hot, but still it was fun to get out there and splash around.

I now have to have one.

..........And convienient timing, too. Just paid off my truck. :)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Are Baboon said:
Ugh (again). :dead: How did that happen.

I think it happened on the MMcG Kill Zone section of Case - when I crashed on my "Freedom" ride. I just havent' gotten it looked at yet. But I can't throw a baseball very well at all and definitely not "game level" speed.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
jacksonpt said:
Did some weedwhackin last night... man the snakes were out yesterday. Saw 5 of them - in the 3 years we've lived in the house, I hadn't seen any until yesterday, and I saw 5 of them just along the road where I was trimming.
Mutha F*ckin snakes in your mutha F*ckin yard!!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I plan on running as much as I have the energy for. Will be long days with many mandatory team dinners and customer events so there will be little time to go to a game. It wouldn't actually be that bad if I didn't have to work with a bunch of slimeball salesmen with bad combovers.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Westy said:
I plan on running as much as I have the energy for. Will be long days with many mandatory team dinners and customer events so there will be little time to go to a game. It wouldn't actually be that bad if I didn't have to work with a bunch of slimeball salesmen with bad combovers.
chicago's got loads of clubs and a very vibrant music scene.

http://www.chicagoreader.com/music/

http://chicago.ohmyrockness.com/

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good morning! Today's my 30th birthday :eek: and I am celebrating it by teaching lessons :think: After a few lessons, I am off to the wine store to get a couple of bottles for dinner. BBQ with the family tonight and hopefully I'll get to catch up on some sleep. Last night I couldn't fall asleep for the longest time and I ended up getting about 4 hours so I am REALLY dragging right now. I need to find some coffee stat!

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Westy said:
Call me when you get here. I can set you up with a bike and show you plenty of trail riding to stunts to dirt jumping. (sorry, no DH, it's Chicago. :D)

PM me if interested.

oh yea, GOOD MORNING everybody and H30thBD TreeSaw!!

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Good morning! We have cement down on the foundation now. Looks like they are going to start putting up some sticks this week. I was hoping today, but it just started pouring... guess my chalk lines are washed away. :wonky2:

Have a good day, all! :)

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Westy said:
Chicago's a great city and a very bike friendly one too. Perhaps you could sneak away for a couple of hours and rent a bike to take on the bike paths along the lake. I was just reading about how they're looking to put elevated bike lanes in. That's a long trade show though. What kind of work do you do?

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Well school hasn't started yet, and no work for me today because of all the rain. Might go dig at the jumps later today, nothing really eventful, and I'm getting my car serviced, I just need to find a ride from the dealership. Hopfully it will dry up just enough to get a bit of riding in. I'm having withdraws.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Good F'ing morning. I just got back from visiting family in the life sucking area that is long island. This week I am going to visit some college friends so that should be interesting.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
bluebug32 said:
Chicago's a great city and a very bike friendly one too. Perhaps you could sneak away for a couple of hours and rent a bike to take on the bike paths along the lake. I was just reading about how they're looking to put elevated bike lanes in. That's a long trade show though. What kind of work do you do?
Application Engineer. I really shouldn't have to go to the show but our marketing and sales folks are pretty much incompetent and need people with real world skills and common sense there to hold their hands.

Chicago is a pretty cool town, but it gets old for me quick. I am not a city person, it stems from my hatred of humans.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
McGRP01 said:
Mutha F*ckin snakes in your mutha F*ckin yard!!

lol

So, I'm thinking that one of the ones I saw was a copperhead. From the pics I've seen and what is typically found around here, it's a match. That's pretty cool, though I think I'll keep my dogs leashed up for a while.

MTBrder69

Chimp
Dec 27, 2004
Collegeville
hey westy..what is the trade show for? my dad has been to a few trade shows in chicago this summer. he sells thermal imaging cameras.

today will consist of finishing my summer homework and working on my bike. then a bon fire tonight!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
westy...if you are gonna be there the entire time of the show, sounds like this will coincide w/ yr visit:

http://www.tgrec.com/links/tg25/

LINEUP

*not listed in order of appearance

Friday September 8 (5pm-10pm):
!!!
Girls Against Boys (all original members)
The Shipping News
Supersystem
Ted Leo + Pharmacists

Saturday September 9 (noon-10pm):
Big Black (a couple of songs)
Didjits (all original members)
The Ex
Killdozer (all original members)
Jon & Kat (Mekons and The Ex)
PW Long
Man... Or Astroman? (all original members)
Negative Approach (featuring John Brannon and OP Moore)
The New Year
Pegboy
Tim Midgett and Andy Cohen (Silkworm)
Sally Timms
Scratch Acid (all original members)
Shellac
Uzeda

Sunday September 10 (noon-10pm):
Arcwelder
The Black Heart Procession
Brick Layer Cake
Calexico
CocoRosie
Enon
The Monorchid (all original members)
Pinback
Quasi
Seam
Tara Jane ONeil
Three Mile Pilot

awesomeness...check out saturday's gig...are you kidding me? this is once-in-a-lifetime stuff...too bad i'm booked for that weekend.

listen to my Song of the Day thread this week for features on Touch and Go bands.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
narlus said:
westy...if you are gonna be there the entire time of the show, sounds like this will coincide w/ yr visit:

Although I have never heard any of those bands it is something I would like to try and see. The real crappy thing about this show is by the time I get out of the place and get a taxi it is usually past 8:00 before I can get anywhere. Any free time has to be squeaked out early in the morning. I might have to get a horrible stomach ache and leave early one day.

Greyhound said:
Good Morning!

Went Jet-Skiing yesterday afternoon. A friend of mine, who buys them, tricks 'em out and re-sells them, called to tell me he had two that he just finished putting some new parts on and wanted to see if everything ran properly. We pulled them over to the lake and ran 'em for about two hours after work. The water was super hot, but still it was fun to get out there and splash around.

I now have to have one.

..........And convienient timing, too. Just paid off my truck. :)
I'd like to have one of the old Kawasaki 500s. Riding one of those on Lake Champlain in a windstorm was a hoot.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Westy said:
narlus said:

Although I have never heard any of those bands it is something I would like to try and see. The real crappy thing about this show is by the time I get out of the place and get a taxi it is usually past 8:00 before I can get anywhere. Any free time has to be squeaked out early in the morning. I might have to get a horrible stomach ache and leave early one day.
well the fact that legendary bands such as Big Black, Killdozer, Didjits, Negative Approach and Scratch Acid are reuniting for this event is crazy. if you do go, odds are high that it'll be f'in jammed.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
narlus said:
Westy said:
well the fact that legendary bands such as Big Black, Killdozer, Didjits, Negative Approach and Scratch Acid are reuniting for this event is crazy. if you do go, odds are high that it'll be f'in jammed.
Holy crap! I would give (just about) anything to see Negative Approach....though Easy Action just about had the same lineup and did about 5 NA songs per set...but still....and MOAM and Big Black ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Anyway, hello all, off to look at preowned vehicles post work as the Suburu is once again crapping out...overheated going to and coming from Plattekill.....then I'll spend an inordinate amount of time working on bike stuff I broke over the weekend.

And Happy Birthday Treesaw!