Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

What an F'ing week it has been. Today, a full week since my dog first got sick I feel confident to announce he is well again!! I think Aubrey and I will make sure to enjoy every minute we have with him for the rest of his life. There was a few hours the both of us worried he wouldn't make it and what a relief it has been to see him back on his feet.

Anyway how was everybody's weekend?

Anything new on RM?

Have a great day and a great week!!

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning,

Glad to hear the pooch is doing well Stosh.

Celebrated my 50th over the weekend with around 50 good friends and a keg of Paulaner Oktoberfest. Got leftovers if anyone wants a jug... About the first weekend in memory that I didn't get a ride in. The morning after ride was out of the question for obvious reasons.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Four day weekends are still too short. I enjoyed sleeping 10 hours every night.

It was a nice weekend though. MTB rides Friday and yesterday. We went to the Red Sox game Saturday. A crappy game and cold weather, but the pre-game beer and chow made up for it.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - overall a very good weekend. A good ride on Friday, some fun times with my kids, soccer games for Laura's daughter, and then capped off by a challenging ride yesterday on some trails I've never ridden before.

However, I need a new rear derailleur methinks (anyone got a nice SRAM x7 or X9 they don't need or want?) and my rear wheel is a little wobbly after yesterday.

Overall a pretty nice long weekend.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Good morning,

Glad to hear the pooch is doing well Stosh.

Celebrated my 50th over the weekend with around 50 good friends and a keg of Paulaner Oktoberfest. Got leftovers if anyone wants a jug... About the first weekend in memory that I didn't get a ride in. The morning after ride was out of the question for obvious reasons.
I love the beer this time of year!!
Aubrey is a huge Paulaner fan!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Was a long, busy weekend. Renae moved out - need I say more?

It rained all weekend, so I didn't get out to do anything... no riding, no running... I didn't even get to mow the grass. Because of all the rain, my septic tank couldn't drain fast enough, so we ended up with a bit of backed-up water in the basement. Not a big deal, just enough to make the house smell and to add to what was already a wonderful weekend.

More rain in the forcast for, let's see... god, the rest of the friggin year.

*sigh*

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Morning all,

Had a F'in great weekend of riding. Today, have to go in for a short bit at work, then going to be hitting the trails if it isn't raining.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
awesome weekend. was sick from work friday (still have lingering cold symptons) but drove down to do the camera/cash exchange w/ Splat. saturday i spent making a ramp for miles (see thread

sunday was crappy weather so not much went on, but we did go see Sonic Youth (see thread which was great per usual.

yesterday was more ramp action, and then a party @ a neighbor's house which was a lot of fun. also spent way too much time doing RAW conversion and photoshop on the SY pix, but it gives way more leeway than shooting jpgs so i think it's a necessary evil.

4 day work week. woot!

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Morning. Had a kick ass time at Whiteface DH race/North Pole/Lake Placid this long weekend - very little if any rain at all. "Won" my class, but I was the only person entered in it! My time would have been good enough for 3rd in the "younger" 30-39 sport group, through - ego be saved!

Whiteface DH terrain is great - rooty, loamy with big, big boulders that DO NOT move! Broke a set of pedals on aforementioned boulders and drank a lot of beer at the local brewery. Ah, beer and bikes...

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning all! Back to work today after a short vacation to Maine. Had a great time. Here's a few pics...

My sister's cottage where we stayed

View southwest from the porch

Mornin' coffee on the porch :)

My attempt at an "artsy" shot

Me and the boy on the rocks

My daughter at L.L. Bean (She starts kindergarden this year, and we told her this is how much homework she was going to have :p )

Ahhhhhh.....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Morning all! Back to work today after a short vacation to Maine. Had a great time. Here's a few pics...

My sister's cottage where we stayed

Does your sister live there year round?

PS. I am so so so so so jealous you went to Maine, I'm sad I didn't make it there this year.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Does your sister live there year round?

PS. I am so so so so so jealous you went to Maine, I'm sad I didn't make it there this year.
No, she lives in Ohio and rents the cottage out the majority of the year. She's only there for 3 weeks around Labor Day.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
No, she lives in Ohio and rents the cottage out the majority of the year. She's only there for 3 weeks around Labor Day.
I would be seriously interested in renting it from her next summer.

Does she do it thru an agency?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I deleted every picture I had taken Saturday at the car show. It seems I never noticed the lens was on manual instead of auto focus.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
morning yo!

Great to hear your pup is on the mend Stosh.

Great f'n weekend here! Returned with bike to the scene of the crime (dirt jumps where I broke my collarbone) after six weeks to the day. Though I still don't have much strength in my arm/shoulder and wasn't jumping I helped work on the trail and got to hang with my friends. I feel stronger every day. Took TWO fun street rides over the weekend. Found a HUGE F'N curved wall that I'd never seen before which is just ripe for the jibbin', had friends and family over for a fun Beer.B.Q.

Trying for my first trail ride this week, weather permitting.
Have a great day :monkey:s !!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
morning yo!

Great to hear your pup is on the mend Stosh.

Great f'n weekend here! Returned with bike to the scene of the crime (dirt jumps where I broke my collarbone) after six weeks to the day. Though I still don't have much strength in my arm/shoulder and wasn't jumping I helped work on the trail and got to hang with my friends. I feel stronger every day. Took TWO fun street rides over the weekend. Found a HUGE F'N curved wall that I'd never seen before which is just ripe for the jibbin', had friends and family over for a fun Beer.B.Q.

Trying for my first trail ride this week, weather permitting.
Have a great day :monkey:s !!

Good luck and take it easy!!

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Morning Stosh.

You missed some bitchin' riding over the weekend, yesterday in particular. We had an awesome ride at Stewart for about 14 miles, then we went for some breakfast. I picked up an XTR crankset with only a couple hundred miles of LIGHT use for $100. Bitchin' deal.

Today I'm back in NJ to do some errands and pack up the animals. Time to get back to Seneca Falls and start class tomorrow.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Oh, Stosh... I forgot to mention...

Tuesdays are my standing meeting with my boss. Meeting is supposed to start at 9, it's now 10 - guess who didn't show...

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Hi there!

Easy-going weekend. Too much rain Thur. and Fri. so I played golf on Sat. The rains cleaned the air so much it was like putting Windex on your eyeballs. Beautiful day. Hung out at my parents house--floating around on the lake all day on Sunday and went to a pig-pickin' on Mon. which got rained out about halfway through.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Oh, Stosh... I forgot to mention...

Tuesdays are my standing meeting with my boss. Meeting is supposed to start at 9, it's now 10 - guess who didn't show...
WTF is the point of having a standing meeting with her?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all! It's my first day back at school (meetings only--no students until tomorrow) so I am bored out of my mind. Plus side - lunch is being served now!!!

Had a AWESOME holiday weekend. Decided to go for a run on Thursday (I hate running and have been sore). Of course, I couldn't go for a short run, I did a 4 1/2 mile trail & road run. It was tough and fun. Friday we had the Sinister Bike Demo at our local trails and that was fun riding followed by beers. Saturday Sq-Earl & I hit Whiteface for some DHing (ladies rode for free too). Sunday I hit the track and rested. Monday I was at Diablo all day :banana: For a full report with pics, go here: http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2272246&posted=1#post2272246

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Mornin' monkeys. Went up to Estes Park for the w/e - wife was shooting pics for some friends' family reunion. Took the boys on a couple bike rides & a hike, then they did a ride around Estes Lake before we left. Stopped by a bakery in town and picked up an apple/blackberry pie for dinner. :drool:

cadmus

Monkey
May 24, 2006
PNW
I had a great weekend, went for a ride Saturday morning before dropping the bike off to have Saint cranks and some toothy pedals installed. Got a hell of a deal on the cranks! :banana:

Sunday I was able to sell one of my bikes, but it was to a friend - so I'll still have visitation priviledges.

Monday, went for a ride - Saint Cranks are the shiznit, wow was I surprised at the difference.

Monday evening we bought a "new" truck - 2001 Dodge Dakota (only 47k miles). :happydance: Got a heckuva deal on this too and it will be perfect for the projects around the house. Anybody recommend a good rack for the truck bed - nothing that requires the removal of the front wheel?

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
started my senior year today. so far i like all of my classes. a few good looking girls are in all of them, which is an added bonus.