Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody?

I had a good night last night cleaning out our garage a bit to make room for all our bikes. I received a mid 60's schwinn tandem bike that is in ok condition. I can't decide if I want to go thru the work of restoring it or not.

Anyway I'm looking forward to a nice fall ride today after work. I noticed last night it was to dark to ride without lights at about 7:30 which totally sucks!

Hope ya all have a great F'ing day!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I made totally kick @ss burritos last night... and I made enough of the rice, beans, and stuff to go in them that I could eat them for a few more nights! :thumb: they ROCKED!!!

turned off my alarm this morning, but didn't get up... woke up 15 minutes past my "safe get up" time :bonk: ... still made it to work on time, but I don't know how!

My calf is still super swollen and sore as hell! I hope the damn thing calms down by tomorow night's ride!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning!

The thermometer in my car this morning read 39! :eek: Overnight temps are supposed to go up 20 degrees though for the weekend, which will be nice for our 24 hour race.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - I tried to mow the lawn last night but it got too dark too fast and I only got half of the back yard done. At least the front is mowed.

A non-monkey came over and helped get my wheel back into better shape. It isn't perfectly true, but it is WAY better than it was. I'm going to use it this weekend and then send it back to the guy who built it so he can do the job right this time around (hopefully).

I also struggled with a Shimano chain for about a half hour last night. I've never used a Shimano chain, but the shop who finished the EMD build put one on there. I want to put an X7 rear derailleur on, but couldn't get the chain off to do so. I didn't want to f' up a chain that has only three rides on it, so the derailleur change didn't get done. I suck at working on my bike. I need to go to a Park Tools School or something. :(

splat

Nam I am
Good morning!

The thermometer in my car this morning read 39! :eek: Overnight temps are supposed to go up 20 degrees though for the weekend, which will be nice for our 24 hour race.

day time temps are suppose to go up too! :banana:

But also Last night when I got home , I went to open the Garage door , and it would only open half way , so I go in to see what is jamming it , and nothing was jamming it , but then I look closer and see the bracket that hold the rails in place has ripped out of the ceiling . So Peter and I got some 6 inch lag Screws and re attached it back to the ceiling . going to have to go down to lowes and get some new brakets at some point , I want to add a Little more secure attachement.

then I was workjing on some Pics I took over the weekend , of Peter Jumping , Rock Climbing , the Kids climbing around a Quarry , Family on the Bike path , etc I had about 250 Pics , and I made a syntax Mistake on a Batch job , and renamed 200 of them the same file Name ! :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: O well , could be worse :( I Know better than to do something like that with out backing up my work first.

T23

Chimp
Jul 13, 2006
I did some riding with my kid yesterday evening...And holy crap it's getting that cold on the east coast, it sure would be nice if it would cool down here in socal ..

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Morning - I tried to mow the lawn last night but it got too dark too fast and I only got half of the back yard done. At least the front is mowed.

A non-monkey came over and helped get my wheel back into better shape. It isn't perfectly true, but it is WAY better than it was. I'm going to use it this weekend and then send it back to the guy who built it so he can do the job right this time around (hopefully).

I also struggled with a Shimano chain for about a half hour last night. I've never used a Shimano chain, but the shop who finished the EMD build put one on there. I want to put an X7 rear derailleur on, but couldn't get the chain off to do so. I didn't want to f' up a chain that has only three rides on it, so the derailleur change didn't get done. I suck at working on my bike. I need to go to a Park Tools School or something. :(

OMFG I couldn't get Aubrey's tires off her bike last night. I ended up cutting them because they were shot and I was F'ing pissed. I wasn't in the mood to mess around with that stuff last night. It's good to know I wasn't alone!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I did some riding with my kid yesterday evening...And holy crap it's getting that cold on the east coast, it sure would be nice if it would cool down here in socal ..
Nice to see you in the GMT.

Welcome to RM. Where do you live on the east coast?

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!

Kind of a bland day yesterday.....was real busy at work for most of the day, and then headed home to mow the f'ing yard. Ended up spending the rest of the f'ing afternoon out there putting new pine strw down, cutting back the hostas and ameryllis that have already peaked, and sprayed any remaining weeds with Roundup.

Ended up butterflying some ribeyes and then wrapping them around some asparagus, bell pepper, red onion and zucchini. Grilled 'em up with some Texas toast and rice w/pico de guyo on the side. Yummy.

After that, I watched the f'ing Redskins get shafted in the 4th quarter. Sadness.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
tired...but awesome weekend.

sat met up w/ my wife's uncle john. he was on his way over to ireland and scotland (from mexico), and we hope to hook up w/ him for a mexican stay @ his place next year (he's a bit north of cabo, on baja, a place called todos santos).

sat night was Radio Birdman. awesome stuff. really great to see them shred the place.

got home late, got up and packed my stuff for the drive to NYC. got in around 3, dropped my stuff @ my friend's place in the west village he let me stay at, and took some pics (NYC photo thread coming soon...). later that night, took a train uptown to see the reason i went:

http://oyhoo.com/festival2006/zorn.html

amazing. best working ensemble in music right now. telepathic in their delivery, monumental in their talent, unmatched in their exuberance.

was dead tired after driving home yesterday (was thinking of staying a bit in town and shooting some 9/11 images, but kinda felt like i'd be an intruder so i didn't), and worked on the radio birdman photos. got some killer shots.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh

pull the der. pully's off, should be able to then remove it without breaking the chain!

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Good Morning Monkeys..

Yes it is Cooooold!! My commute home at 5 am this morning sent shivers down my spine. Today is a sad day for me, I am taking my puppy to be spaded at the vet. It seems silly to worry and I know she will be fine, but I just cant help it. I also feel bad cause i cant see her until tommorow afternoon!!
so all you dog lovers out there send her good vibes!!

Other than I feel so beat that once i get home from the vet i am going to go back to sleep until I wake up without any alarms

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Good Morning Monkeys..

Yes it is Cooooold!! My commute home at 5 am this morning sent shivers down my spine. Today is a sad day for me, I am taking my puppy to be spaded at the vet. It seems silly to worry and I know she will be fine, but I just cant help it. I also feel bad cause i cant see her until tommorow afternoon!!
so all you dog lovers out there send her good vibes!!

Other than I feel so beat that once i get home from the vet i am going to go back to sleep until I wake up without any alarms
Good luck with that and it's a good decision to have it done.
She is 6 months now correct?

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. Last night was a night of mechanical follies, but it sounds like I wasn't alone. Tried to swap out stems on my Steelhead for the C&B and had issues. Got my old stem off and the new, longer, more XC oriented one on, and realized that the stack height was a lot shorter, and with the slack head angle, it had too much rise. So, I went to look for more headset spacers, and had none. So I went to put the old stem back on and torqued the steerer bolts too much and stripped both of them. :mumble: So now, my "good" stem is ruined and the other stem won;t work. :mad: On top of that, I got an old tube from my LBS last ngith to wrap my chainstay with, got home, cut the tube, and it was filled with slime. Both my feet covered in green spooge. I was pissed. At that point, I just dumped evertything in garage and cracked a beer. What else can ya do at that point? :cheers:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning. Last night was a night of mechanical follies, but it sounds like I wasn't alone. Tried to swap out stems on my Steelhead for the C&B and had issues. Got my old stem off and the new, longer, more XC oriented one on, and realized that the stack height was a lot shorter, and with the slack head angle, it had too much rise. So, I went to look for more headset spacers, and had none. So I went to put the old stem back on and torqued the steerer bolts too much and stripped both of them. :mumble: So now, my "good" stem is ruined and the other stem won;t work. :mad: On top of that, I got an old tube from my LBS last ngith to wrap my chainstay with, got home, cut the tube, and it was filled with slime. Both my feet covered in green spooge. I was pissed. At that point, I just dumped evertything in garage and cracked a beer. What else can ya do at that point? :cheers:
Tigg - I have about 4 extra stems. I'll bring em to the Churn and Burn and you can use one of them if it fits well.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!

We may have a stem lying around too. I'll have to check. You going to the meeting tonight? If so, I can let you know then. Do you still need a chainstay protector? I am thinking we have something lying about that might work.

Sq-Earl still needs to build my SS wheels for this weekend :shocked: Otherwise, I am stuck running his heavy ones or perhaps I will end up taking one of our generouse monkeys offers to borrow a spare bike. I need to get this figured out so I can have peace of mind!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Good morning! Day 3 of recruiting and hopefully the last day so I can get into my regular routine. Syd was quite happy this morning so I am also in a great mood. It's amazing how she can smile and laugh at me in the morning and I am suddenly on cloud 9. Local bike club meeting tonight so that means good times and some tastey brews with the guys :thumb:

Hooples -- I am sure your puppy will be just fine, but I am sending some love and healing vibes her way too!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
You don;t have a chain breaker?

I do. But this is a Shimano chain and it seems weird to me. Do I operate just like I'd be using a SRAM chain.

It also has a power link, but I couldn't get that apart either. Perhaps I just don't know what the F' I'm doing. Actually, yes, that's it. I don't know what the hell I'm doing.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
How is everybody?

I had a good night last night cleaning out our garage a bit to make room for all our bikes. I received a mid 60's schwinn tandem bike that is in ok condition. I can't decide if I want to go thru the work of restoring it or not.

Anyway I'm looking forward to a nice fall ride today after work. I noticed last night it was to dark to ride without lights at about 7:30 which totally sucks!

Hope ya all have a great F'ing day!

I think Tandems rock and you should restore it or give it to me and I will ;)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Bike for Tigg....check! Seatpost for Tigg....check!! Stems for Tigg to try....check!!!

You rock Mark!! :happydance:
Tigg, If my rear wheel craps out, I may have to take the Schwinn back from ya though, so be sure to bring the Steelhead.

I wonder how the EMD would handle with a 26" disc in back? Hmmmm....:clue: :brow:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Cool! I am still hoping to hook up with you and Aubrey to toast your wedding and go for a ride!
We would have loved to come up to VT but it's a hike for us to get up there and we've got some other stuff going on before and after that weekend.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
We may have a stem lying around too. I'll have to check. You going to the meeting tonight? If so, I can let you know then. Do you still need a chainstay protector? I am thinking we have something lying about that might work.
Not sure about the meeting, I am going to try... Let me know about the chainstay protector. :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I'll have to take a pic so you guys can see how much work it needs.

I think mechanically with a new set of tubes/tires it could be up and running.
it needs a new set of bars for the rear handle bars and it needs a good de-rusting on the rest of the bike. It's also a single speed!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
I'll have to take a pic so you guys can see how much work it needs.

I think mechanically with a new set of tubes/tires it could be up and running.
it needs a new set of bars for the rear handle bars and it needs a good de-rusting on the rest of the bike. It's also a single speed!
Cool...I'd love to see some pics. Singlespeeds are tough, but not impossible (especially with Sq-Earl on one set of pedals!)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Cool...I'd love to see some pics. Singlespeeds are tough, but not impossible (especially with Sq-Earl on one set of pedals!)
Yeah and you could make it a triple by throwing a baby seat on the back.